Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350366 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #555 on: September 1, 2007, 03:27 AM »
Saw comedys Rush Hour 3 and Balls of fury today. They were funny, average movies 2.75 stars at most(out of 5).

DS

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 1, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Watched Rob Zombie's Halloween today. I'll leave it at that.

I guess its not worth talking about?

Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it.....He could have possibly been scarred by Zombie's version  ;)

It's not worth talking about. It did scar me, from ever seeing a film by him ever again.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 2, 2007, 04:26 AM »
I caught The Bourne Ultimatum this evening. Great stuff. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 3, 2007, 04:54 AM »
Saw 'Stardust' last night. To sum it up it's a fairy tale about falling stars and how to be careful what you wish for. DeNiro saves the movie of course. I thought Paltro was charming to the last...

The DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 3, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I thought Paltro was charming to the last...

Paltro? I think you mean Claire Danes. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 3, 2007, 01:22 PM »
I saw the Bourne Ultimatum last night. I thought it was the best Bourne yet, and the story was easy to keep up with.

I then rented and watched Hot Fuzz. Hilarious!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 3, 2007, 04:19 PM »
That Dragon Wars looks like a cheap rip-off of Transformers.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 3, 2007, 04:58 PM »
I caught Halloween last night, and I thought it was pretty good. I had a bit of trouble getting in due to my age, so after getting tickets to Balls of Fury, the guy who rips tickets let my friends and I go into Halloween after he saw that I brought along my good friend Mr. Bribe. Well worth the $10, and I do hope Saw IV is able to top that level of blood, violence, and gore.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 3, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I caught Halloween last night, and I thought it was pretty good. I had a bit of trouble getting in due to my age, so after getting tickets to Balls of Fury, the guy who rips tickets let my friends and I go into Halloween after he saw that I brought along my good friend Mr. Bribe. Well worth the $10, and I do hope Saw IV is able to top that level of blood, violence, and gore.

you bribed the guy?Wow. So is this movie basically just Saw with new characters?(in other words just random gore  with crappy story to make it look meaningful) If so it sucks already :(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 4, 2007, 01:11 AM »
Finally caught superbad, funny show. Great to see the geeks get the girls :)
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 4, 2007, 01:19 AM »
I found it curious there was a guy at the halloween movie theatre entrance checking ID's prior to allowing them in. I haven't seen that for a long time- Funny how they are positioned there. Do they get asked when thery purchase there tickets too? Does the ticket taker ask for ID's too? :-\

The DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 4, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Finally caught Superbad. Almost every review has been spot on, but I still loved it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 4, 2007, 05:34 PM »
Saw's stupid. Just wait 'till Saw 79 the same thing happens again!  WOO!  ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 4, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Saw's stupid. Just wait 'till Saw 79 the same thing happens again!  WOO!  ::)

Lemme guess the movie is gonna be about a bunch of people who die because of a crappy story line right? :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 5, 2007, 05:40 PM »

you bribed the guy?Wow. So is this movie basically just Saw with new characters?(in other words just random gore  with crappy story to make it look meaningful) If so it sucks already :(

Well, it wasn't the same type of horror as Saw (Slasher/serial killer film compared to torture), but had about the same level of blood and gore. I guess I should've been a bit clearer on that one. Halloween was entertaining, but not worth repeat viewings or a purchase on DVD if it's over $8.00.

Saw's stupid.

Thanks for posting that. I apologize for even bringing up a "stupid" movie because I enjoy it. It was the wrong thing to do, and highly inappropriate.