Author Topic: He's no good to me dead...JULY11  (Read 35913 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: CM's SA marines+bacara+special custom!
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2005, 09:49 AM »
A nice set of clones there. I like the weathering and paint apps on the galatic marines. The only thing I don't like about them is the fabric used. The fabric in that scale looks too course and holie. A finer fabric would have seemed more in scale to me. I think it needs to be trimmed a little. Over all very well done figures.

As for the 501st SA/w removable helmets, I think the Evo clone came out the best. The letter A on his chest seems to be the most accurate. I like how the A splits at the end. It's funny how when making the same figure three times we get completely different looking figures.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Damn I really like your Marines.  Would you be kind enough to post a detailed recipe?

The Bacara is simply awesome - what fantastic weathering!

:P

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I love those marines!Your GF did a pretty dang good job too.Like Greg. said give here a SA and see what she can do.

My first galactic marine and SA bacara are MIA.I might send out a search party for them but thats only a maybe. ;)
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2005, 01:14 AM »
thanks for all the comments guys! Pretty cool she actually wanted to do a custom i think! Phurby you also make a good point as to scale of the fabric lines and scale of the figure so i'm gunna pretend i didn't read that hahaha :P

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 5, 2006, 02:12 AM »
These are basically just clone commander #33 repaints I did. Nothing from these troops come from the actual Hasbro Bly figure. I was particularly proud of the weathering and pauldron color so i thought i'd post them as I will also be posting other Order 66 edition figures (a few will be rehases of customs i've already done along with a jedi from the ROTS line) until i've completed every scene of order 66 from the ROTS film. The Jedi won't really be in the spotlight as they'll be just ROTS hasbro figures unless i do some retooling (after that i'll be packaging them in a ROTS multipack scheme each with special backgrounds). now without further delay...

As always comments and such are always welcome!  :cool:

COMING SOON: ORDER 66 #2- COMMANDER GREE AND THE 41ST ELITE

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
Re: CM's- ORDER 66 #1- TR1ER beat me to it
« Reply #50 on: January 5, 2006, 02:23 AM »
Well somebody had to do it! ;D

Nice job on them my man I like the work that you did on them. I think out of all the clones Bly and his troops are my favorite. I hope I can score 1 more Bly so I can match him up to my troops.
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 5, 2006, 06:39 PM »
thanks for the positive remarks TR1ER! Come on dont be afraid to weather bly up!  ;D

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #52 on: January 5, 2006, 10:51 PM »
They look good but I am personally sick of weathering. I is getting out of control, as if every trooper never has claen fresh armor.

BTW, where is the cloak on Anakin from on page #1 ?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 5, 2006, 10:54 PM »
I like seeing some clean clones too, mainly the ones stationed on Coruscant.  For ones on the front lines a lot though, I think some weathernig is nice.  But at times it can be overdone.

:P

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 6, 2006, 12:39 AM »
They look good but I am personally sick of weathering. I is getting out of control, as if every trooper never has claen fresh armor.

BTW, where is the cloak on Anakin from on page #1 ?

ya i tried to use a more grey weathering than black on this to just give a general "dirty" look and not so much a "battle damaged" look. You have to remember clones go from planet to planet frequently, so rest and time to clean off armor may not always be available or necessary   :) As for the robe on the anakin from page 1 it came from a SAGA obi wan pilot. I believe you can get the same robe with VOTC obi wan as well.

Thanks for the comments  Clone Hunter and Chewie  ;D

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
CM's Bith Jedi Knight-Nuyiss Ma'b
« Reply #55 on: January 6, 2006, 02:56 AM »
BIO: Nuyiss Ma'b was a Jedi Knight during the clone wars. He led a clone unit to victory on Saluecami clearing away remaining droid units. During a quiet moment after a firefight he  indecisively( ;)) halted his unit at an assumed deserted enemy base, while two droid units they were in pursuit of split up. The halt in his units progress gave time for enemy scouts to report the jedi's location and fire a heavy barrage on the outpost. Many lives were lost, but Nuyiss Ma'b survived the attack and was later transferred to the temple where he was assumed killed by Darth vader during the 501st legion's raid.

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
Re: CM's Bith Jedi Knight- Nuyiss Ma'b
« Reply #56 on: January 6, 2006, 04:11 AM »
Hey I just saw this one over at CC nice job my man. I like to see some type of new jedi's every now and then.
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 6, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Exactly. Its good to see the return of some jedi customs. Very fun.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #58 on: January 6, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Very nice colors on this jedi.  The paint job is very clean.
Cool figure.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 6, 2006, 04:06 PM »
thanks guys! of course it was fun doing something that wasn't a clone as thats been the bulk of my work lately  :P I was wondering if any of you figured out how to pronounce his indecisive name.... :P