Author Topic: Rewriting my second part.......SUCKS!  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Rewriting my second part.......SUCKS!
« on: March 19, 2006, 04:07 AM »
Rewriting a photonovel makes you realize how much you suck.  Just wanted to get that out there.

After months of inactivity I'm slowly getting back on track with my photonovel...I realize I used to be one of a few (Ryan, Justin, Lance, Vator, and me I think) who was working on a photonovel, but now that the word is out there and popularity is on the rise...no one really expects anything to come of this, since I haven't made it happen for months. But...I'm hoping that I'll establish myself as a serious photonovelist, if there is such a thing, in the next few weeks. I'm completely redoing my second episode, of the Ardan Torik series, which after rereading, seemed to suck...a lot. I'm not very good at this, so I'll just post some of the recent shots I've been working on, including the new opening. I'm not sure yet if I'll be scrapping the old preview shot I posted a while back, but if I do, you'll know about it.

And, in case you haven't read/seen my previous work, here it is.

Older, disowned, parts are here: 1    2    3    4    5    6

This is m new Opening:

A stab at photoshop...Hopefully making future photonovels more "professional" looking:

And a shot I'm not completely pleased with, but the lighting worked...it's just, this picture was meant merely to be a test, as you can see with the horrible cropping, but it worked so perfectly, I feel I need to put it in somewhere:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Rewriting my second part.......SUCKS!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:20 AM »
You know, you are being way too hard on yourself.  I never thought your work was bad at all, in fact I really found your storylines interesting and enjoyable.  I've looked back on some of my work too and it makes me want to puke (even recent chapters) so I think it's one of those things where you will be your toughest critic (and that's how it probably should be, so we can push ourselves to be better at what we do).

So, that being said please don't get discouraged at all.  If anything learn from what you have done, and continue to listen to the ideas of everyone else, but always remember they are your stories and how they are presented is your choice.

And the new previews look outstanding by the way.  I am really looking forward to you being back into these.

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Hey Jediknight I got a Quick ? for you. What kind of cartons are those sets made of, are they egg cartons or are they MC D's cup holder trays?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Actually neither...it was what my Sony CD Player was wrapped in. I first thought I would cut the top off the bottom and make a miniature set, but as it turned out, I didn't need to.