Author Topic: Guitar Hero / Rock Band  (Read 50900 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Dang and here I was gonna pick up Rock Band at Target for $150. Wish I would of read this thread earlier. I would of totally picked up the game only for that price.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Downloadable tracks for Rock Band this week:

"March of the Pigs" - Nine Inch Nails
"The Collector" - Nine Inch Nails
"The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails

Anyone here a Nine Inch Nails fan?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2008, 03:16 PM »
I definately need Rock Band.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2008, 06:39 PM »
I really wish they had that option for the Wii, and the game itself would help.  :P
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Downloadable tracks for Rock Band this week:

"March of the Pigs" - Nine Inch Nails
"The Collector" - Nine Inch Nails
"The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails

Anyone here a Nine Inch Nails fan?

Only Emo kids like NIN.

I'm so far from being able to download **** for videogames it's not even funny.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Guitar Hero and Rock Band
« Reply #95 on: March 2, 2008, 01:39 AM »
I'm so far from being able to download **** for videogames it's not even funny.

Well, that sucks. 

But isn't it good to know that, as a NIN fan, when you are able to download **** for videogames, that all the NIN tracks are on Rock Band, and not Guitar Hero?  And I didn't know this, but there's a NIN track ("The Hand That Feeds") that's already in the game (i.e. non-downloadable).

I only mention this because before, you were having trouble on deciding on which game to go with--I'd think the NIN tracks would tip the scales in RB's favor.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2008, 01:40 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 2, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Yeah, but it's so expensive.

I just want the guitar - I don't need the microphone or drums.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #97 on: March 2, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Separate wireless Fender guitar controllers are due out next month for the 360 and PS3 for $60 each.  Not sure what's going on with the PS2 stuff. 

Or another route would be to buy the bundle, keep the game and guitar, and eBay the mic and drums.  Doesn't look like any of the pieces are available separately for the PS2, so I bet the mic and the drums (especially) go for a decent amount, probably to people with the game only Rock Band and one of the GH SG guitars.

I'm having a lot of fun with Rock Band, but I've kind of flown through the guitar stuff so far.  I'm looking forward to getting the drums at some point, which will be a hell of a challenge and I'm sure will make it seem like an entirely new game to me.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 6, 2008, 09:08 PM »
If your a Deftones fan (like me),  Hole In the Earth is available for download.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 6, 2008, 11:12 PM »
well i used to think this was the stupidest game...ever until i played it. although i have only played it once i really am hooked. but i dont want to spend $90 for the GH3 for PS2. is there any other cheap bundles for this game? how much would it cost to buy the game and guitars seperatly? is the any difference in gameplay/style with the other games?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2008, 11:17 PM »
If your a fan of the Dropkick Murphys they added a free track pack on XBL with three songs by them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2008, 04:42 PM »
I wouldn't be interested in single-band games from any band, not even my favorites.  It'd get too monotonous, and I think a big part of the appeal of the series is the variety of all the different bands and types of music.  I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a Metallica game, but definitely not at full price--$20 or $30 tops.  I'd really rather have all that stuff as downloadable content and not separate discs.

That said, this got a bit lost in the shuffle in all that news last week:

As fans progress through their careers in the game, they can rock out to scores of Aerosmith’s greatest hits, as well as songs from celebrated artists that the band has either performed with or has been inspired by in some way.

Now what exactly that means, as far as ratio of Aerosmith tracks to non-Aerosmith tracks, nobody knows at this point.  But that makes it a little more appealing, to me anyway.

A quick follow-up:

The manufacturer's product listing for the game includes the songs "Dream On", "Make It", "Mama Kin", and "Movin' Out"[10] (all from their 1973 debut album) as well as an "original composition by Joe Perry"[10], though all of this information was later removed from the site. The tag line for the game (as it is seen on the official game site) also suggests that the song "Walk This Way" will also be included.[5] Other songs include "Sweet Emotion", "Draw the Line", "Uncle Salty", "No Surprize", and "Kings and Queens"[11]. Guitarist Joe Perry has stated that the game will include "30 or 40" songs.[9] The game will also include tracks from bands that Aerosmith has either played with or that have been a source of inspiration to their music, including Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes", The Kinks' "All Day and All of the Night", Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You", and Cheap Trick's "Dream Police"[11]. Other artists include Lenny Kravitz, The Black Crowes, Run-D.M.C., Stone Temple Pilots[12][10], Deep Purple, and The White Stripes.[13]

This might not suck so bad, after all. . .
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:43 PM by Matt »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2008, 05:32 PM »
That's a lot more promising for sure.  I'm liking that Dream On is included as well, but the other bands aspect is the most appealing part.  Any word on a new controller?  I'm still sitting with just one and getting this with a second controller has more appeal right now as the black PS2 controller isn't available without the game and I have the white stand alone controller. 

As an update of my sucky progress on the game, here's where I'm at in the various games I own:

GHI - 27/30 songs on hard done; 23/30 on expert
GHII - stuck in level 6 on hard and only three songs on expert
GHIII - stuck in level 6 on hard and 21 songs done in expert

I like GHII the least of the three sets I own; GHI is probably my favorite for the songs.  I will happily say I've come to love some songs I don't think I was at all aware of prior to playing the game.  Oh and Queens of the Stone Age are the bane of my existence. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Well it sounds like i will buy the Aerosmith version then since its just more than their songs.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2008, 08:09 PM »
Well it sounds like i will buy the Aerosmith version then since its just more than their songs.

Sounds decent enough. I like that they added Run DMC.
I remember my dream now.