Community > Watto's Junk Yard

What do you drive?

<< < (74/77) > >>

Diddly:

--- Quote from: Diddly on July 26, 2005, 07:27 PM ---2004 Silver Mustang :)

--- End quote ---

Still driving this one, though it has been beaten up in 9 years of ownership...

I recently saved up enough cash to put a nice down payment on a new car, but my Mustang just hit 100,000 miles this summer (it had around 20,000 when I got it, and I didn't drive much in high school or college due to bus routes and carpooling) so I decided I would use that cash to fix up my car. Spent the last week fixing up the engine (was having transmission problems) and the next step will be replacing the stereo (it's too new for a cassette deck but too old to have an AUX port for music players and phones). After the new year I'll start saving to get a new paintjob and fix a giant dent from being sideswiped in a parking lot last year.

Jeff:
Got a bad diagnosis on my wife's 2004 Mitsubishi Galant - cracked ball joints in the front and leaking transmission fluid (badly) now.  Oh, and the friggin muffler fell off as the exhaust just rusted out. (all of this just two weeks after the water pump blew up on our Toyota. Cars, man.  ::))

Rather than dump a couple thousand into a car worth $1800 (again - just got all new brakes, tires, and battery last fall), we decided it was time to upgrade her ride.  She's now driving a new 2016 Dodge Durango.  Kind of a bummer to have to take on a car payment again after not having one for a few years, but that's how it goes I guess.

Here's our current stable -
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2009 Saturn Outlook XR
2016 Dodge Durango Citadel

The Toyota is my main drive usually.  Used to haul kids around to soccer, t-ball, baseball, tennis, school, dance, tumbling, swimming, etc etc etc.  Also used by our summer nanny to haul the kids around to summer activites (since all the kids won't fit in her sedan).

The Outlook is my main drive in the summer, also primarily used for hauling our pop-up camper or my dad's boat, as we're doing the camping/road trip across america thing, etc. 

The Durango will be my wife's daily ride. She's never been a big mini-van fan and held onto her pre-kids sedan for as long as she could.  Durango will be a nice upgrade for her though - lots of new gadgets (navigation, bluetooth, etc).  Plus, it'll be nice to have a second option now for hauling the camper or boat (as there was no way our mini-van or her old Galant were pulling the camper). 

Matt_Fury:
When we were having our second child, my wife started to look into a minivan...I was able to talk her into a Honda Pilot...that thing is great.

A few months ago I got a new job that came with a nice boost in pay.  I'm starting to look at trading in my 2010 Jeep Liberty for a new Rubicon since Jeep doesn't make the Liberty anymore.  So far, my list of requirements are:

-Steel bumpers
-GPS navigation
-Leather heated seats

Yeah...this is going to set me back a few bucks.   ;D

Chris M:
Matt, get a four door model.  With kids, you will thank me for that.  Maybe you can still get a new 2016 or a 2017 before the new body style comes out next year.  Trust me, that will save you on upgrade and modification costs down the road.

If you get one and decide to start upgrading let me know.  There is a right and wrong way to do it.

Matt_Fury:
Thanks Chris...the Unlimited version is definitely the way I'd go, even though the Pilot is "the family car".

Since we had some big purchases this year (repairs to our house as well as buying a condo for the retiring mother-in-law), I'm probably going to wait until next year's model comes out.  I think the 2018s are going to have a bigger engine in them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version