Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 85204 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #270 on: June 8, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Variants!   ;D

Remember when Hasbro's updates used to include little nuggets of info about the actual figures, for us collectors who pretty much already knew everything there was to know about the characters themselves?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #271 on: June 8, 2006, 12:33 PM »
What?  You need more than just:

"Each figure comes with a base and a randomly-selected bonus hologram figure"

Sheesh!  Some folks are never happy...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 8, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Wait, is the rebel trooper a continuation of the Endor wave with the DSG, Jerrod, and C3po?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #273 on: June 8, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Yes, originally the Rebel Troopers WERE part of the Endor wave with Chirpa, 3PO, etc.

Speak of the devil, more news from the rumor mill found it's way to my in-box.

*new* - Chief Chirpa
*new* - Moff Jerjerrod
*new* - Death Star Gunner
?? - C-3PO (Endor)
?? - Endor Rebel Commando
(repack) - Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
(repack) - Darth Vader
(repack) - The Emperor

Then, they got dropped for some reason. 

Now they are back and will be in the Naboo wave box, but since they are not really from Naboo, it's just easier to talk about them here in the Endor thread with the rest of the 06 Saga Endor figures.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #274 on: June 8, 2006, 01:01 PM »

I'm starting to like this Luke more and more.  Sure, as far as we know, it's pretty much just the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke with a new hand and new gear, but, with the new hand, it fixes that old figure's biggest flaw, and it was already a decent figure to begin with.

But what it also does is frees up room for them to really to go all-out on a Death Star II Luke if they want to, without having to worry about all the Endor stuff.

Speaking of which:

Luke: I'm...speechless. There are honestly no adjectives created that can fulfill how happy I am about this figure. Oh, and to those of you who think it'll be the OTC figure w/ a poncho, you are wrong. He is not wearing that outfit under the poncho in the movie. He is wearing the outfit he wears when he fights Vader. Hasbro has made a few mistakes in the past as far as keeping track with the movies, but nothing that big.

Luke/Leia 1 (vest on)
Luke/Leia 2 (vest still on)
Luke surrenders to Vader (vest-free)

You might still be correct, "Roton7."  But that would involve Luke removing his vest before donning his poncho, somehow carrying it around with him while he's gallivanting around the forest moon, removing his poncho and putting the vest back on to talk to Sis', only to remove it again before he surrenders to Dad moments later.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 8, 2006, 01:07 PM »
2 of the black dude & 2 of the white guy as well.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 8, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Varients! Nice. I need a bunch to face off with my Imperials. Probably 3 of each. If only we could get elbow articulation!

Luke looks like he has new arms too? I don't remember the JP Luke's swivel elbows going up that high, but I could be wrong. I'll have to pull mine out and look.

Vader is nice, but I'm really just getting it for the cool accessories.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 8, 2006, 01:35 PM »
I see what you mean, Grandma Tarkin. Well, I guess this is another mess-up on GL's part. ::)

Oh, and I like how the Endor Troopers don't have only a different face sculpt, but different paint aps on the pants as well. Very cool 8)
Yo is what yo is.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #278 on: June 8, 2006, 01:39 PM »
After further review, the variant Rebel Trooper isn't from Endor... he was one of the gunners from Lando's crew on the Falcon.

Guess that explains why he gets the non-camo pants and the microphone w/cord!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 8, 2006, 01:41 PM »
Holy ****.  Talk about an obscure figure.  Good catch, Jeff.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #280 on: June 8, 2006, 01:50 PM »
I see what you mean, Grandma Tarkin. Well, I guess this is another mess-up on GL's part. ::)

Wouldn't the simplest explanation be that he was wearing the vest the whole movie up until after he talked to Leia, at which point he took it off and surrendered to Vader?

From Rebelscum's vintage photo archive Luke Poncho page:

The Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho) action figure poisoned our minds into believing the young Jedi didn’t wear his full Jedi wardrobe underneath his battle poncho. Fact of the matter is, he not only wore the tunic he was seen in before that point, he also sported a belt over the tunic -completing his Jedi transformation- on which he kept his trusty Lightsaber. To date, neither kenner or Hasbro has made a rendition of Luke wearing the complete Jedi outfit including the belt.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 8, 2006, 02:04 PM »

Oh, and I like how the Endor Troopers don't have only a different face sculpt, but different paint aps on the pants as well. Very cool 8)

Yep, I like that they changed the paints as well.  Very nice variants IMO. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #282 on: June 8, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I'd say even simpler would be that the Imperials removed the vest from him, being sure to strip him of potential concealment spots for a weapon they missed.  He is missing it when they drag him to Vader afterall and hand over the only weapon he had...  Good pics from Grammie to support that he wore the vest on Endor though...  I knew there were images somewhere that pertained to that.

The Endor Soldiers are my favorites of the wave as well CHEWIE, and I'll easily stock up on these like I buy Clones or Stormtroopers.  I figure 20 of each at least, and I'll supply heads for them then.

I love the Falcon Gunner...  The scenes in which they were used got cut, and you only see the additional command crewers in them.  It is, for me, the uniform of the Commandoes that they wear for ship or street combat...  They have different duds for different environments though.

For the curious, the outfit's actually inaccurate too.  The pants should be pocketless.  They actually wear a single-piece jumpsuit under the Commando vest, not the baggy pocketed pants and the undershirt thing.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2006, 05:16 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 8, 2006, 10:32 PM »
I'd say even simpler would be that the Imperials removed the vest from him, being sure to strip him of potential concealment spots for a weapon they missed.  He is missing it when they drag him to Vader afterall and hand over the only weapon he had... 
Wow- that makes so much sense! It always seemed weird to me once I noticed that he removed it; there was no real reason for doing that. He wore it in combat to Jabba's palace/the sail barge, and kept it on seemingly for the rest of the movie, and it was the "jediish" part of his outfit; seems like he would probably wear it on the Death Star. But the imperial troops removing it, on the other hand... makes perfect sense.

I am definately, definately grabbing that Luke if I ever find him in stores/reasonably priced online. Luke and C3PO are my big aims for the Endor wave :)

The Naboo line has me about as fascinated as an average session of congress though- that Obi Wan is an utter waste of potential to make something better. Come on, at least they could've tried to make a new headsculpt that actually looked like it was supposed to resemble Ewan McGregor instead of some nameless "bloke." The resemblance lies in the outfit and the hairdo, and possibly in the head being from about the right age group, and not much else.

I can't wait to see how the Yavin wave pans out, though...

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 8, 2006, 10:35 PM »
There isn't a Yavin wave, at least not for the Saga Collection.

Go to the Hasbro page with all the new figure pics, and it clearly says that Naboo is the last wave of the TSC. Will the Yavin wave start off the rumored OTC2 line? Who knows...
Yo is what yo is.