Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 477137 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 10.24.05
« Reply #1095 on: October 25, 2005, 07:36 AM »
Thanks Ryan!

Ok, depending on how this week goes... by the end of the month, I'll either have the posters done, or the next photonovel.

And I figured I might as well show this guy I made a bit ago.  He's a Bunker Commander on Endor.

:P

This looks pretty good CHEWIE. The only thing I would suggest changing is his gun. It should be a E-11, not a DC-15.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1096 on: October 25, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Baragon - I kind of agree with the leg thing.  I don't really know why I added it.  The good thing is that it's removable.

I'd say you added it because you have to try new things once in a while!  Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't!   ;)

I really like that Imp officer.  It really shows how some nice drybrushing can take a good sculpt and make it great! 

On the oreview wookiees, have you ever tried trimming off the braids?  Not sure how that would look, but it might give him more of a vanilla flavor.  Also, another idea for the preview Wooks would be to try to change out that elastic peice with a nice gun-belt, rope, or something else.  That is the one thing I don't like about the shirt he has on, the belt sucks.   :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #1097 on: October 25, 2005, 11:48 AM »
But mostly mine aren't very complex like yours.  I'm just not that talented or patient enough to create anything like you do.

Dont sell yourself short chewie, even you "less complicated" customs show off your numerous talents( concepts-seamless part merging-and i say again the paint aps).

But i didnt tart making complicated figures form day one... check my site and you'll see a big diference in quality. My older ones vs newer ones...but not to hijack this thread...Just try something different and harder(as you preceive it to be) and then the next time it should be easier....

Back on topic..Great imp officer.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 10.25.05
« Reply #1098 on: October 25, 2005, 01:13 PM »
jeff good idea on the trading out the elastic for a gun belt if ever get my hands on the new wook i think i'll try that.  i've cut the braids off one of my previews and if done right it looks pretty good, in my opinion.  chewie good looking imp officer, i definately hope hasbro rehashes him hopefully with different paint apps.  and glassman i think chewie might actually have like a sweatshop of jawas doing customs for him too because man i swear there's like a new one everyday.  i think you don't give yourself enough credit though chewie saying they're not complex.  any body can boil & pop a figure slap some paint on it and call it a custom, but you you can take something as simple as that imp off must have been for you to do and make it 10x better then what i could do and apparently what hasbro is willing to do.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 25, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Chewie, sorry i don't get a chance to comment on your customs more often, you are so prolific it can be a little tough to keep up, but that's not a bad thing that you make so many varied figures.

i have to say that the Endor Bunker Imperial is one of my favorites that you have done. the simplicity of it is the beauty of it. knowing when to stop with the dry brushing can be a fine line, just like with weathering and i sometimes have a hard time stopping myself.

as far as the wookies...i can't think of anything to do with them other than maybe like some cool ammo straps, similar to those that Bousshh has, that sort of idea, i guess perhaps an early day Snoova but without the chopped hair-do??? i'm kind of a blank right now although i picked one up as a potential for something too.

can't wait to see more of your work very soon  :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 25, 2005, 08:21 PM »
I love the new figures Justin.

You should go back and do some more obscure figures, like alot of your older stuff. Aliens, spacers, mercs.

Maybe make a crew of a smuggling ship, or a mercinary ship. I'd like to see a Mercinary band that only does space battles. That would be neat to see.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 26, 2005, 12:28 AM »
Famine - Yeah, I need to create some more weird fan fic aliens again soon.  That will be my goal after the next photonovel is done.   :)

Ripley - I've been on a crazy pace lately I guess.  I had about a week where I couldn't customize, and decided to go customs crazy for 4-5 days after that.  I'll try something with the Wookiee soon, but I'm sure it will be a couple weeks before I have time.  Thanks for the ideas.

Jedipurge - Thanks very much, I really don't consider most of my stuff all that complex though.  I think that doing washes/dry brushing can really make them look better than they really are.

Glassman - I'm still light years behind you in customizing.  I could never create some of those sculpts you do.

Jeff - I guess I do need to try and trim the braids on a Wookiee Warrior sometime.  That will be on my to do list for November.

Hunter - I knew that someone would point out the gun.  D'oh!
Also, I got all the photography done for #16 - Curse of Dathomir done tonight.  Good lord, it took me over 5 straight hours to get it done, with over 100 pics... obviously it won't be that many when it's done and edited though.  I might have a preview up tonight.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1102 on: October 26, 2005, 12:47 AM »
Also, I got all the photography done for #16 - Curse of Dathomir done tonight.  Good lord, it took me over 5 straight hours to get it done, with over 100 pics... obviously it won't be that many when it's done and edited though.  I might have a preview up tonight.

Most excellent...  8)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 26, 2005, 01:15 AM »
Ok, first preview is up.  Only about 75 more pics to edit.   :-\

Now it's gonna take me about an hour to clean up the mess I made setting these up for pics, then go to sleep.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 01:16 AM by CHEWIE »

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 10.26.05
« Reply #1104 on: October 26, 2005, 01:24 AM »
I knew those guys couldn't be trusted...
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 26, 2005, 01:27 AM »
I knew those guys couldn't be trusted...

Check your PM's about that.   ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 26, 2005, 03:02 AM »
One more preview tonight.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1107 on: October 26, 2005, 03:07 AM »
Good call staying up a bit later. :P

Is the spider droid supposed to be a hologram? Cause you can kind of see the roof through the body and the dish gun is a little see-through as well.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 03:43 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 26, 2005, 03:12 AM »
Fixed it, I think.  Thanks for point that out.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 26, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I really like that latest picture. Did you actually build the spider droid or is that just a photoshop pic?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours