Author Topic: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 8465 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)
« on: December 10, 2020, 06:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1337173861956108288

Ahsoka, a new Original Series, starring @RosarioDawson and set within the timeline of @TheMandalorian, is coming to @DisneyPlus
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:27 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Ahsoka (Disney+)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 08:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1337173861956108288

Ahsoka, a new Original Series, starring @RosarioDawson and set within the timeline of @TheMandalorian, is coming to @DisneyPlus

Awesome.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 11:05 PM »
So when we get more cast announcements, it is reasonable to speculate that person will be portraying Thrawn!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 01:16 PM »
This announcement caught me by surprise!  I thought that Ahsoka's story would would be an intriguing side plot.  But it's going to be interesting to see her story move forward.

Ahsoka questioning Morgan Elsbeth at the end of "The Jedi" about Thrawn was huge!  I think you can't just leave something like that as a dangling thread in this post Empire / early New Republic period.  I had recently looked up some video of Lars Mikkelson, who was the voice actor for Thrawn on Rebels.  And the guy looks remarkably like Thrawn!  Minus the blue skin and red eyes, of course.  And he has extensive live action roles under his belt.  I would be surprised if the production wasn't looking at him for this role.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2021, 11:37 AM »
I was re-reading the blurb from the Official Site and looked at the logo and the wheels got turning:

After making her long awaited live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano’s story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series starring Rosario Dawson and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.

The image seems to invoke the World between Worlds a bit.  Whether or not we learn how Ahsoka got out of there seems like a significant part of her story. 

The search for Thrawn seems like it's going to be a major continuing story line.  She was pretty insistent with Morgan Elsbeth about finding Thrawn after their fight.  And when we last saw Ahsoka in the final episode of Rebels it seemed like she might be going on a quest with Sabine to find Ezra.  I get the sense that Ahsoka might feel indebted to Ezra for saving her.  Considering how Ezra departed Lothal with Thrawn on the Chimaera, it seems reasonable to think that if Ahsoka can locate Thrawn, then she might be able to find Ezra.  And at the heart of all of the storytelling for that has been Dave Filoni, who will be writing this series.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 3, 2022, 10:41 AM »
SWCA seemed to be focused largely on the Obi-Wan Kenobi series and The Mandalorian.  But I was really glad to see Lucasfilm introduce the audience to actress Natasha Liu Bordizzo, who will be playing Sabine Wren in this series.  Chopper made an appearance during the panel for The Mandalorian.  And evidently a clip from AHSOKA was shown during that same panel.  I can't wait to see a good version of that, because the one I saw got pulled very quickly.  But it seems incredibly encouraging - especially for fans of STAR WARS REBELS.

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 10:15 AM »
I saw a few articles mention that this is tentatively slated for autumn, so it doesn't conflict with Disney's Haunted Mansion. So I'm wondering...who gives a **** about Haunted Mansion?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 10:48 AM »
I think we're going to get our first look at the series at Celebration.  And they'll probably announce when it's going to air as well.  I'm guessing this might debut before Skeleton Crew, but I'm not sure.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2023, 08:19 AM »
Teaser trailer.

Lots of eye candy in this baby!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2023, 09:10 AM »
I agree there is a lot of eye candy.  I hope they've got a great story to go with it.

I wonder if this reuses a lot of the Heir to the Empire story line.  Ahsoka even uses that line "heir to the empire" in the trailer.

Who are those Sith / Dark Jedi?  Is that Jorus C'baoth and Mara Jade?

There also appear to be three new big identical starships - long lost dreadnaughts?

I wonder if they swap Ahsoka for Luke in the original story line and reuse a lot of the plot points?  I didn't see any Ysalamir...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: April 7, 2023, 09:41 AM »
Ahsoka even uses that line "heir to the empire" in the trailer.

That line feels more like an IYKYK type easter egg to me, but I guess we will see what they do with the show.

Agree with others who have said that the trailer makes it seem like Ahsoka is actually a Rebels sequel movie with Hera, Chopper, Sabine, Lothcat, Lothal, and much more in there. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 7, 2023, 10:37 AM »
LOVED the trailer!

It's tying things together with where we last saw Ahsoka.  Whether it's "The Jedi" episode of The Mandalorian (complete with Morgan Elsbeth and her HK droids), or where Ahsoka finally resurfaced during the OT era, after her encounter with Ezra in the world between worlds, and then linking up with Sabine in the REBELS finale.  Ahsoka's story around the time of the OT is inextricably linked with the Spectres.  And Ahsoka owes a debt to Ezra.  I can see that weighing on her.

I am really wondering if Ray Stevenson's character is actually Jorus C'baoth.  Especially with the heir to the Empire line.  And I loved the Thrawn tease that was in there as well.

I also didn't think I'd be so happy to see Huyang appearance in live action!

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 7, 2023, 12:20 PM »
With how the Thrawn character evolved after the original series from someone who wanted to restore the Empire to one who needed a strong military force to help the Chiss Ascendancy to face a larger threat (the Yu'zahn Vong in legacy the Grysk in the new canon), I think Ahsoka's line is what she thinks Thrawn is doing and we will later find out the larger story when they meet up with Ezra.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 7, 2023, 08:15 PM »
SPLOOSH  :o :) :D ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 06:59 AM »
I was rewatching the trailer, and it seems the name of the character Ray Stevenson plays is Baylan.  Thank you captions!  I know people have taken note of the color of his lightsaber blade being orange or almost red.  Some have speculated that the kyber crystal might have been bled to a degree.

I also took note of some of the backgrounds - Filoni is taking this show to the world between worlds!  And based on some of the dialogue where Baylan says "This is a new beginning", I'm wondering if he emerged from a different time period thanks to the wbw????

Feedback