Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127261 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-12/4- 41st Elite- Sergeant Klax
« Reply #555 on: December 4, 2006, 08:19 PM »
Anyways, finished this guy up today. The 41st Elite Corps specialized in jungle and forest ops. Sergeant Klax leads a squad or men on the forest planet of Dinlo. His armor is painted a dark green with a slight camo pattern and he often wears brown cargo pants with armor kneepads and combat boots.

He packs heavy weaponry- 1 DC-15S, 1 command pistol, 1 scout pistol, and a Merr-Son CLAAL- Compact Light Anti-Armor launcher. He also carries other field supplies such as a emergency med-kit and extra ammo in a large carry-all pouch on his belt.

I realized that it's too cold to continue my PN, and I will repaint the clones in it to match him.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-12/4-Sergeant Klax-41st Elite
« Reply #556 on: December 4, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Good work, I like the colors you used, and your parts work really well with each other.  Nice work!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 5, 2006, 04:21 PM »
D_N, already commented on this mighty fine trooper at GalacticArchives, but I'd just like to say I am in awe of the amount and of the quality of customs you've made so far. I just browsed through a lot of these 38 pages and I seriously say hat's off, man.  8)

And your vehicle modifications/paint jobs are of an outstanding quality. Those ARCs are truely terrific.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 5, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Iv been following your custom for a bit and i have to say not once have i not liked one. they are all great. they colours you use are pretty cool and all work well together. Good job dude.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 7, 2006, 09:41 PM »
 ;DNICE! I like it!Brillant!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-12/9- Pvt. Irune, 84th Communications Corps
« Reply #560 on: December 9, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Thanks for all the comments CC1, Incom, Jango, and Deanna.

Since I realized I had waited too long to start my PN and it's too cold (Just started snowing here), I had three clones left over. Going to work with my trusty bottle of nail polish remover, I got rid of the paint and started anew...sort of.

The 84th Communications Corps specialized in setting up communication systems in the battlefield. Truly shining in urban combat situations, they worked alongside another battle group that did the fighting. They also are trained to infiltrate, slice, and take over enemy command posts.

Each soldier is equipped with an equipment belt, comm. pack, thermal detonator, and a headset used to listen to the battle net and relay information to the ground troops.

Private Irune is equipped with a medium range blaster carbine and a close quarters particle blaster (i.e. shotgun).

His custom weapons:

Dual-weilding:

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 10, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Very nice clone!
I like the way his belt has a bunch of different pouches on it instead of the standard belt.
Not only that but the painting is great too.
 ;D
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 10, 2006, 04:10 PM »
Indeed, the accessories are great! Nice background story too.

Snow you say? Lucky you! That's your chance to prep some Snowtroops, man!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 11, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Indeed, the accessories are great! Nice background story too.

Snow you say? Lucky you! That's your chance to prep some Snowtroops, man!

Ha. Hopefully when the Galactic Marine hits my area, there will still be some snow on the ground. Then I can really get started...

Thanks Clone Commander and Incom. Today (probably) I should have up Irunes "guard"- a regular foot soldier to keep him protected when he goes out to repair a comm. line or set one up.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
84th Communications Corps- Privates Irune and Cardan
« Reply #564 on: December 11, 2006, 07:10 PM »
In the 84th Communications Corps, they deploy their soldiers in teams of two with their own seperate objecitves that are part of the overall combat operation. Each of the comm. teams has a short and long range antenna user, and are equipped with a long range and close quarters weapon.

Private Cardan is Private Irune's partner. He carries a long-range antenna as well as his gear on his back. He is equipped with a medium-range blaster carbine and a standard combat helmet.

Here are the two stationed on Kogerlos, a forested planet that is constantly covered with a heavy layer of snowfall.

Irune:

Team Shot:

The dio in the background is part of my Battle of the Bulge diorama (still WIP) that I'm doing for my history class.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 07:11 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: D_N's Customs-12/11- 84th Communications- Two Man Team
« Reply #565 on: December 12, 2006, 07:47 AM »
i really like these customs...but i thought id mention that a clones standard helmet acctually houses a short range transmitter and reciever...so they would only need to carry a long range antenna but other than that...excelent work...paint apps are really good as usual...keep it up
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-12/11- 84th Communications- Two Man Team
« Reply #566 on: December 12, 2006, 09:06 AM »
The one without the helmet carries the short-range, but I see your point. Thanks for the tip.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-12/14- Seperatist Guerilla Fighter
« Reply #567 on: December 14, 2006, 03:04 PM »
After the Seperatist military leaders continually saw failure with droids in jungle and snow combat situations, they turned to human and alien support. Recruiting most fit men and some alien species, they briefly trained them to become Seperatist troops mainly using guerilla tactics. Not having a specific combat uniform, they mainly wore mercenary-style clothes and equipment.

Aden Proga is a middle aged man serving in the Seperatist military. Wearing a thermal jacket as well as an equipment vest, he wages a silent war against Republic troops on Kogerlos.

I know that the gun I gave him is the one I always give my clone troops. I have an order from Marauder Inc. en route and I'll give him a more Seperatist-like gun.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 14, 2006, 03:34 PM »
 ;DThose were cool how do you make yor pouches or are they part fodder from other toys.How do get them to stay on so well?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #569 on: December 17, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Great figures, and some great photos.  However, why don't you try turning your camera horizontally to mimic the shape and proportions of a movie screen?  Create some nice cinema like compositions and you'll be golden!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:08 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com