Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 299266 times)

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #750 on: April 1, 2011, 07:03 PM »
My 04 PARCO Sandtrooper arrived in the mail today. It was one of the last carded Kubs on my want list. I got him for $140 shipped in an Oscar case.  Now just have to wait for a good price on a Blue Stars.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 16, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Was finally able to track down a Blue Stars Snowtrooper.  Been wanting one of those for a while now.  Was also able to secure both the DX3 Owen Lars chase and the background piece.  Now it's just down to Hammerhead.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 16, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Good Luck I am Sith. I've resigned myself to not being a completist. I was going good until DX2 but with the prices today I'm most likely just focusing on the series. I'm even getting away from the carded ones too.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 16, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Was finally able to track down a Blue Stars Snowtrooper.  Been wanting one of those for a while now.  Was also able to secure both the DX3 Owen Lars chase and the background piece.  Now it's just down to Hammerhead.

Congrats Mike!  Do you have the other background pieces as well?  I think they are cool, but have no room to display them. 

I landed an Uzay as well - not sure why they are coming out of hiding after all this time.  I have a spare for trade or would probably sell minty for $150 if anyone is interested.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 16, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Do you have the other background pieces as well?  I think they are cool, but have no room to display them. 

Yes, I have all three now.  I too don't have any room to display them, but I'm hopeful that one day I'll have my display room where I can bust all this stuff out of hiding!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46 PM »
It was a good few weeks for me kubrick wise. I picked up the carded rocket fett, carded droids r2, series 1 red and yellow gauntlet fett, and the dx3 cardboard display arrived today. All arrived safe and in great condition. :)

All from ebay
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:26 PM by gravetrooper »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50 PM »
It was a good few weeks for me kubrick wise. I picked up the carded rocket fett, carded droids r2, series 1 red and yellow gauntlet fett, and the dx3 cardboard display arrived today. All arrived safe and in great condition. :)

Nice additions!  Did you get them all off the Bay?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 18, 2011, 12:40 AM »
Speaking of the Bay, I just found a set of all 9 Harry Potter Kubricks for $99 and Free shipping on Ebay.  This includes the basic set of 7, as well as the S. Black and Draco chase figures.  I already have the basic set of 7, but couldn't pass up the chance to get the chases too.

Anyone want a basic set of 7 unopened for $45?  Includes Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Voldemort, and Snape)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 20, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Ended up winning another Yahoo Japan auction for the three 15th Anniversary carded figures.  Final price including shipping was $164 for the three pack.  I didn't think it was that bad considering I haven't seen the Ben go for less than that on his own.

Down to needing only 2 individual carded figures (Jorg and last year's Anakin) and the Series 3 set.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 21, 2011, 12:10 AM »
Ended up winning another Yahoo Japan auction for the three 15th Anniversary carded figures.  Final price including shipping was $164 for the three pack.  I didn't think it was that bad considering I haven't seen the Ben go for less than that on his own.

Down to needing only 2 individual carded figures (Jorg and last year's Anakin) and the Series 3 set.

Wow, that's a great price for all three!  Congrats!  I definitely want to pick up the Ben, but I'm hoping the prices come down a bit. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #760 on: August 21, 2011, 12:15 AM »
Man, I wish I could generate some "fun money" and get back into the carded 'bricks.  I think I needs everything from 2009-current in order to catch up again.

You guys are making me jealous... :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 21, 2011, 12:16 AM »
I definitely want to pick up the Ben, but I'm hoping the prices come down a bit.

Just saw an auction tonight sitting at about 3,000Y.  Might be worth a search...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 21, 2011, 12:20 AM »
You guys are making me jealous... :(

That's definitely a first coming from you Jeff!  I've spent the last several years envying your collection for sure...  As I've told BrentS a lot recently, Kubricks are the only line I collect now, so it's been easy for me to keep up with things.  I really only a few bricks away from the full SW collection.  With the exception of the DX2&3 chases, I was all caught up on the 'Series' releases.  Only need the last two boxed sets (droids be@rs and Han/Luke Stormies) and a couple 400% figures...

'Almost there...'

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 21, 2011, 12:37 AM »
I definitely want to pick up the Ben, but I'm hoping the prices come down a bit.

Just saw an auction tonight sitting at about 3,000Y.  Might be worth a search...

Interesting.  I found that on your site, but no sign of it on mine.   >:(  Hopefully it will show up tomorrow - thanks for the tip!

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 23, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Yay, BBTS filled my preorder for the carded "J-Slop" Fett! Didn't know if they were gonna come through with them. Hopefully the rocket fires.  ;)