Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410856 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3675 on: April 10, 2021, 11:55 AM »
I've got to admit, of all of the reveals yesterday the armored Bro Thor looks really cool!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 19, 2021, 05:55 PM »
I was shocked and delighted to find the new Supervillains wave on the pegs at Walmart yesterday. I picked up the new Dr Doom, looks fantastic! Amazon still has an 8/1 ship date on this so glad I didn’t waste my time preordering him like I was considering.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: July 1, 2021, 10:59 PM »
Pretty excited for the 90s Spidey TAS deco Venom figure announced today... even if it's missing the white web shooting squares on the hands.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: July 17, 2021, 02:10 AM »
I wasn’t sure if these deserved their own thread, but they are technically labeled as Marvel Legends on the boxes. These are the new 4”, 5 poa “retro” figures. I was able to find the first couple waves at Target recently (in addition to the Hasbro Pulse exclusives), and I really like them.

Again, very simplified figures, but comic accurate and they have amazing card backs. Kind of remind me of the current MOTU Origins in that they look and feel like toys, and remind me of childhood. Fairly reasonable at $10 each as well. Just pretty cool. Here’s who I’ve grabbed so far:

Spidey/Electro (Pulse Exclusive)
Cap/Black Panther (Pulse Exclusive)
Iron Man/Cyclops (Pulse Exclusive)
Spider-Man
Captain America
Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel)
Hulk
Human Torch
Magneto
Daredevil
Elektra
Ice Man

Looking forward to more! Tough to know whether to open them, I usually open pretty much everything but I’m really digging how they looks on these card backs.

I found the newest wave of these at Walmart today, with Ant Man, Vision, etc. I grabbed the Invisible Woman and thanked my lucky stars. Best of all, they were all just laying on the shelf, not pegged, so I got her unpunched to go with my unpunched Human Torch.  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: July 28, 2021, 09:51 PM »
What If? Figure reveals looked pretty cool. Uatu is a must have for me, so I am guess I am in on these…

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: August 5, 2021, 11:16 PM »
I bought a Loki from the new show today. I really liked it and figure it will probably generate just a limited run of figures.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: August 6, 2021, 10:59 AM »
I found a Modular Armor Iron Man from the Build-a-Bear wave today.  Unfortunately it was just him and he's the only one that doesn't come with a BAF piece.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: August 10, 2021, 09:11 PM »
Wow, Fantastic Four overload right now! As if big G wasn’t enough to drain your wallet, they offer up six new figures in retro packaging PLUS two HTS exclusives…man, I might as well start direct depositing my paychecks with them if this keeps up.  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: September 14, 2021, 06:34 PM »
Preordered the new Retro 90s Spider-Man Animated Series wave this afternoon. Some great figures in that set, and apparently there is another deluxe figure that will be revealed later. I'm hoping for either Rhino or Lizard.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: September 17, 2021, 04:51 PM »
I found Wave 4 of the 4” Retro figures today at Target and picked up the Silver Surfer I wanted! Good toy day!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: September 22, 2021, 10:42 PM »
My Preorder of the fan channel exclusive Web Man figure came in yesterday. Amazon packed it in a box the exact same size of the card, and it arrived mint. I was surprised by that!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: October 2, 2021, 10:46 AM »
Was in GameStop yesterday and they had a brand new She Hulk figure I had never seen before. Didn’t appear to be part of any BAF wave but it looked really cool so I bought it on a whim. No regrets!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: October 4, 2021, 10:32 AM »
That She-Hulk is pretty nice.  It is a stand alone - no BAF.  Mostly just a re-paint of the gray one from last year, but with an alternate head option.  I love that ML does that by the way - I will sometimes buy two just to display both versions.  Gamestop has been solid with new ML lately too.  Just picked up the new Quicksilver there this weekend.  Bet you didn't see that coming.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: October 7, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Finally found Sylvie from the What If wave…very nice figure. I really want to build Uatu but I don’t want the rest of those figures, may have to go the eBay route.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: October 8, 2021, 03:08 PM »
Finally found Sylvie from the What If wave…very nice figure. I really want to build Uatu but I don’t want the rest of those figures, may have to go the eBay route.

Where at?  I haven't seen any sign of this wave locally (Minneapolis)