Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 71118 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Slave I?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 12:47 PM »
I think that $65 price point is dead....but this seems like it would exceed the normal mid-size vehicle value, so I'd guess it would be somewhere around the $50 range, closer to the Gunship. I think size wise that is a decent comparison.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Yeah, it will be interesting to see.  It really seems like we're going to get some sort of new Slave I, but I wonder if it will be all-new or a repaint of some sort.  I'm hoping for all new, but like Jeff said, I could see why they might go with the 2002 model.  I actually didn't own a Slave I until that version (and the subsequent ESB repaint), and it was a fair amount larger than the vintage/POTF2 model right?  If they went with an all-new sculpt, how much larger would the Slave I need to be?  I know that it is larger than the current version (scale wise), but how big would it have to be - $100 big, $75 big, or less?  It would be nice to see it fit in a little lower price range - it doesn't seem to be quite to that $100 AT-AT/Falcon/AT-TE level.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 02:20 PM »
I think if they retooled the 2002 mold, it would suffice.  But, I can't see that selling for more than $45 personally.

A new version, around the size of the Gunship's body, seems okay for the $65 price range.  But more than that price, I think they're making a mistake.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2010, 05:43 PM »
I was just reading a couple more Q and A's from last week, and saw this answer at Mousedroid:

QUESTION 2:
With the release of the BMF previously and now the upcoming Bigger scale AT-AT in August would it be fair to assume that additional plans for larger scale updates of vehicles are on the horizon? I know I am not alone in the enjoyment of these larger scale representations of some classic vehicles and have been very very happy to see a return of focus to the vehicle aspect of the line. Specifically, are we likely to see a newer version of the iconic Imperial Shuttle from ROTJ at some juncture?
HASBRO RESPONSE:
Sorry to disappoint, but at this time no additional larger scale updates of any other movie vehicles are on the horizon. We will not likely ever update the Imperial Shuttle, to be honest, as it's pretty beefy to begin with.

I was mainly posting this in regards to all the Slave I talk lately.  Now to me, it seems like Hasbro is being sort of specific in saying "movie vehicles" in their answer, possibly leaving the door open for a CW style Slave 1.  Maybe that is just wishful thinking though.  It is always tough to tell with their answers though, as sometimes they will flat out deny things anyways (BMF Falcon anyone?).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 4, 2010, 05:49 PM »
They've made the no new "movie vehicles" comment in quite a few of the qna's from sites that keep asking about the Slave I.  I hope I'm reading straight through that though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Will there be a CW Slave I This Year?
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Hmm... I don't know. I could see the new Slave I falling into this pricepoint.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Hmm... I don't know. I could see the new Slave I falling into this pricepoint.

Maybe as an exclusive.  But Hasbro admitted that the $65-$70 price point on these vehicles was not a good choice.  There was no lack of either the ARC or the Y-Wing and as a general release I don't think it was a winner for them.

The Slave I, with upgrades and a small size upgrade could be a $60 ship and probably sell well as an exclusive, but I don't think there's a spot for that price point on the shelf on a regular basis.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 10:09 AM »
I am just not certain if I will be buying the CW colored Slave over the ESB.  Can someone post a side by side pic showing off the differences of the two?  I don't have a Slave yet, but I only intend to have one in my collection - realistic paint apps would be preferable.

But at the same time, I don't want to pass this one up and, then have the possibility that Hasbro says some BS like it didn't sell well the the first time around in CW deco so we won't do it again cuz people don't want it.

I know that probably won't happen - just looking at it from a worst case scenario perspective.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Slave 1
« Reply #38 on: June 3, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Two more clues this go around....

2) With all the rumors flying around, let's assume we will get an updated SLAVE I in Clone Wars deco. Can we assume to see a SLAVE I in ESB paint deco at a later date? And would it include a Han in carbonite as a tribute to the Vintage release?

Hasbro: You are correct in assuming that if a new Slave I was coming, it would be in Clone Wars deco given the appearance in the Clone Wars series. As to whether another one (perhaps in EpV deco) was to come later, it would have to depend on how the first one did. The EpV version would also likely be a few years off in the future.

and...

JI: Now that the season 2 finale for the Clone Wars animated series has come and gone, can you tell us if a new Boba Fett figure for Clone Wars will be released soon?

Hasbro: A new Clone Wars Boba Fett figure is in the works. However, it will be available only in a very special pack later this Fall…stay tuned for info that will be released at Celebration V.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2010, 01:14 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Slave 1
« Reply #39 on: June 3, 2010, 12:44 PM »
I thought the same thing when I read both of those responses.  They definitely didn't say "no", and the whole "special pack" thing with Boba Fett seems to maybe point that way as well.  I guess there could always been some sort of battle pack with Fett/Bossk/Aurra Sing/etc., but that doesn't seem as likely as Aurra is already on the way and Fett/Bossk could be good sellers as single carded figures.  I wonder if this is going to be a "coming this year" surprise, or maybe next year (or not at all, if we're wrong).

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Slave 1
« Reply #40 on: June 5, 2010, 02:20 PM »
I guess there could always been some sort of battle pack with Fett/Bossk/Aurra Sing/etc., but that doesn't seem as likely as Aurra is already on the way and Fett/Bossk could be good sellers as single carded figures.

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing, but I could actually see Hasbro doing it. I personally don't think Hasbro will do a new Slave 1 within this year, after all the "no's" they've given. They would usually drop hints to indicate something's coming along the way.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 04:13 PM »
Astromech lovers rejoice! Tunghori reveals an new exclusive today: R8-B7 - Mace Windu's Astromech

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Clone Wars Wave 18 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 5) RUMORED
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Boba Fett on eBay courtesy of tunghori

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 18 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 5) RUMORED
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Well, I can certainly say I'm displeased with Boba and Bossk. Bossk's headsculpt seems off to me - but I don't know why. I don't like that smile he has, and the paint colors on him seem too bright. I would much rather have Boba in his bounty hunting gear, not the clone uniform.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive R8-B7
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 08:09 PM »
Wha?!?! :o

Almost looks like a custom, those are some eye gouging paint apps.

He's on the List!

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy