Author Topic: Batman TAS / New Adventures 6 Inch Line!  (Read 14330 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Batman TAS / New Adventures 6 Inch Line!
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2016, 09:35 AM »
Oh my... 6 inch scale TAS Batmobile!

I had completely forgotten I had preordered the new "Deluxe Edition" Batmobile that comes with Batman, Robin, and the Batsignal. It arrived over the weekend and I opened it all up over the last few nights. It's not a great "toy" by any means, but as a display piece, it's a great work of art.

Requires 3 AA batteries and the headlights, taillights, and engine all light up. The details inside the cabin are insane, with computer buttons individually sculpted, plus there are even working seatbelts! The steering wheel also moves, and can be adjusted to fit larger or smaller figures. Batman and Robin fit inside perfectly, and in fact are the same as the regular release figures outside of the soft good capes. Batman lacks a lot of the accessories the regular figure comes with, but does have an extra pair of hands and a Batarang, while Robin has several extra pairs of hands, and a grappling hook. I haven't messed with the Batsignal yet since it needs coin-shaped cell batteries and I don't have any, but you actually flip the switch to turn it on. Awesome!

Here are some quick pics I snapped on my cell phone
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 02:27 PM »
Looks like this line is done, with the announcement that DC Direct and DC Collectibles have been scrapped. I've been tracking down some needed figures from the last two waves over the last few months, and preordered a few of the new Batman: The Adventures Continue figures, but it remains to be seen if those will even be produced at all at this point.

It's crazy how expensive these figures sell for on the secondary market!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 05:02 PM »
I’m in a similar boat. I was so excited for this line when it started, as I am such a fan of the show (and style). I kept up with the early waves, but as time went on I had to sort of shuffle this down priority wise as the budget was going elsewhere. I’ve also been going back and picking up figures I missed in the past year or so, and I’m relatively caught up I think. I’ve been prioritizing figures specifically from “the Animated Series” portion, which narrows things down a little. I REALLY considered things like the Batmobile, Batplane, and Batcave w/Alfred at the time of release....but really didn’t know where I would put them. Bummer that it is likely ending now, although I read today there is another couple waves that should hopefully see release. Good run overall though.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 08:03 PM »
I bought a Killer Croc figure from BBTS recently, and it arrived today. It’s a bit bittersweet because it is likely the last BTAS figure I’ll ever buy. I really enjoyed this line while it lasted, and it basically got me into 6 inch collecting, so I’ll always have a soft spot for it. I have a few figures left to track down, but the aftermarket prices for these are insane. I don’t even want to think about how expensive stuff like the Batcave playset with Alfred sell for. I don’t have a complete collection, but I’m extremely happy with having 80-90% of what I wanted from this line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 01:38 PM »
I bought a Killer Croc figure from BBTS recently, and it arrived today. It’s a bit bittersweet because it is likely the last BTAS figure I’ll ever buy. I really enjoyed this line while it lasted, and it basically got me into 6 inch collecting, so I’ll always have a soft spot for it. I have a few figures left to track down, but the aftermarket prices for these are insane. I don’t even want to think about how expensive stuff like the Batcave playset with Alfred sell for. I don’t have a complete collection, but I’m extremely happy with having 80-90% of what I wanted from this line.

I was in a similar boat. I really enjoyed the line from one of my favorite shows of all time, and tried to keep up as they were released, but as money was going other places some started falling through the cracks. Then it got a little difficult to catch up on some because of secondary prices. I too always hoped to get things like the Batcave, Batwing, and Batmobile...but got priced out. I don’t really have room to display them properly anyways, but that is true of many things. Wish I could limit myself to one line like some can do, but I just like too many things!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 1, 2021, 01:06 PM »
I too always hoped to get things like the Batcave, Batwing, and Batmobile...but got priced out. I don’t really have room to display them properly anyways, but that is true of many things.

I did buy the Batmobile, and it's an awesome display piece, but it is so big. I have it on the top of a bookshelf, and it takes up the entire width. I can't imagine owning anything else from the line though. I did see the Batcave at one of my local comic shops a year or two ago, and the box is HUGE. Like the size of 3 or 4 smaller flatscreen TV boxes. I have no clue where I would put that, even if I did own a house. I think the Batcycle they made is pretty small, maybe the size of that Black Series Rey's Speeder.

My biggest misses/regrets from this line are probably Bullock, R'as Al Ghul, Gray Ghost, Ventriloquist, Clayface, and Scarecrow (had a chance to get this one for like $20 at a Think Geek and passed... stupid!). Also those Batman and Joker expression packs. And the Batman Beyond and Superman TAS set. So a lot of good stuff haha. I don't think I ever picked up the Tim Drake Robin from TNBA either, but I was mainly focusing on the BTAS portion of the line.