Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 143045 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2021, 03:16 PM »
I won't discuss last night's episode in order to not spoil anything, but another good episode!

It's a strange universe we're in now where Fear the Walking Dead is better than The Walking Dead, but here we are!

Agreed.  I got busy and finally finished LAST week's episode this morning and started last night's just a bit ago but had to stop.  It appears that FTWD doesn't drag non-relevant stories out like TWD does, at least not lately.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2021, 10:12 AM »
Last night's episode was a bit of a downer.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2021, 02:35 PM »
Last night's episode was really good.  Keith Carradine's character is very compelling.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2021, 02:36 PM »
The last two weeks have been pretty solid, if not a bit rough and hard.  I'm hoping these are leading to a great story and ultimately a great battle.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2021, 03:26 PM »
The last two weeks have been pretty solid, if not a bit rough and hard.  I'm hoping these are leading to a great story and ultimately a great battle.

The episode with Grace giving birth did not hold my attention too much.  I did not care for it outside the cult dude attacking them.  Morgan should've killed him when he had the chance...that's going to come back to bite them in the ass.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2021, 09:27 AM »
The episode with Grace giving birth did not hold my attention too much.  I did not care for it outside the cult dude attacking them.  Morgan should've killed him when he had the chance...that's going to come back to bite them in the ass.

Isn't that the Walking Dead formula?

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2021, 09:41 AM »

Isn't that the Walking Dead formula?

True statement.   :D

Last night's episode was really good.  Lots of plans explained and the endgame for this was set in motion.  I know it's also the walking dead formula to replace one bad guy with another even worse bad guy, but I like the backstory of this one!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 7, 2021, 09:41 AM »
Well....last night's episode happened.

Sometimes I wonder if everyone would be doing better if they just killed Strand.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2021, 11:42 AM »
The season finale took one hell of a dark turn right off the bat!

I've really had to suspend disbelief with the cult's plan, mainly because I used to be an ICBM Combat Crew Commander.  Without getting into it, they would've had a bigger problem with the sub's reactor melting down than these nut jobs firing off the missiles.

I like the Dwight/Sherry storyline they're setting up....it will be interesting to see where it goes.  Also, the Luciana, Daniel and others heading off with the help of Althea, looks like we might get more information into the CRM.

I do have one question for anyone else watching.  Am I correct that Fear is about six years behind TWD and World Beyond in the timeline?  I don't remember them having a time jump like TWD had after Rick's "Death".
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 25, 2021, 04:01 PM »
Finally watched the last two episodes and actually enjoyed them.  For the most part I've enjoyed this season far more than the last few of TWD.  Matt, I wasn't a nuke guy (but I've read enough to be familiar with them), but I was wondering the exact same thing.  Honestly, I've wondered why we haven't had a nuclear meltdown to this point anyway.

As for the timeline, I have no idea where it falls.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 25, 2021, 08:43 PM »
Actually, there was a nuclear meltdown two seasons ago.  How there wasn't one on the nuclear sub is beyond me!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 30, 2021, 09:11 PM »
Actually, there was a nuclear meltdown two seasons ago.  How there wasn't one on the nuclear sub is beyond me!

Really?  Which episode?

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 30, 2021, 11:48 PM »
That's where Morgan met Grace.  She was trying to keep a nuclear plant from melting down.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2021, 12:02 PM »
I'm two episodes in and so far, it's ok....but there are a lot of inconsistencies that as someone who has worked with nukes, I have some trouble with the suspension of disbelief.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2021, 09:55 PM »
The first who episodes are right out of Fallout 4.