Author Topic: TFA 3.75" Action Figure 2-Packs  (Read 20028 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TFA 3.75" Action Figure 2-Packs
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:23 PM »
So, these are the Mission Series 2-Packs with a new name, I guess.  TFA based figure 2-packs (or in some cases 3-packs), mixed in with some Rebels, OT, and Prequel packs.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:16 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 3.75" Action Figure 2-Packs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Chopper's coming back but you gotta buy Zeb again to get him.  :-\

I don't consider that a spoiler, more like "expect to pay $15 for a small droid" warning.

I think people expecting most of the Rebels figures to be reissued in this line might be sith out of luck.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:07 PM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Apparently these were all shown off over at JTA tonight for about five seconds before Hasbro made them take it down. There is no way someone didn't think to screen grab those images though. I am dying to see these...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 09:28 PM »
No, Making Star Wars.net is who showed them off I believe.  JTA Yakface and others linked them and were told to remove the links.  Sandtroopers then took Making Star Wars' images (which were all catalog images and very clear) and hosted them on Facebook for some reason and they were told to remove them I'm assuming as they are gone now as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 12:08 AM »
There's one or two sets that might be worth the $15 (?) these will be going for.

The rest are for the kool-aid drinkers. By that I mean, young kids of course,  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 01:00 AM »
Yeah the BB8 set interests me, and the Chopper set because I would like to own a Chopper figure at some point...  I can't recall off-hand all the others now.  ::)

I do recall Han/Leia not looking so swift though.  These were a mixed bag of good/bad, like they always seem to be.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 01:26 AM »
Here was the stuff shown in the catalog:

- Rebels Zeb & Chopper (repacks)
- ANH Han & Leia (repacks)
- ROTS Obi-Wan & Cody (repacks)
- ROTS Anakin & Yoda (repacks)

- Ep7 R2 & 3PO (repaints)

- Rebels Ahsoka & Vader (NEW)
- Ep7 Unkar's Thug, Jakku Scavenger, & BB-8 (NEW)

The bottom two are the only "must-buy" for me...  3PO and R2 I'll get if they don't look too terrible paint/deco wise.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:04 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 01:33 AM »
Yeah Chopper/Zeb is only a must for me since I don't have Chopper yet...  Ahsoka/Vader WOULD be a must for me if it were realistic but it's not so meh.  Those others are all OT/PT and pretty meh except R2/3PO which was also not compelling enough to purchase due to a red arm.

Speaking of which, the 3PO's eyes didn't look too hot either in the pic, and I just feel like better sculpts of that figure exist anyway.

The BB8 set is an obvious must-buy IMO.  They may be my only request I put out to my friends going out on 9/4's midnight madness.  Love BB8 since the first time I saw him, and aliens are aliens.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Speaking of which, the 3PO's eyes didn't look too hot either in the pic, and I just feel like better sculpts of that figure exist anyway.

Well, the Rebels R2-D2/C-3PO mission series set and the OT R2/3PO mission series sets both had the wonky eyes on 3PO, which is why I never bought any of those.

If I find one with nice paint, I'll probably cave... but history has shown they have a hard time nailing his eyes in this low quality paint era we're in now. :(

Few other Tidtibs on this line...

- we're getting a figure for a guy named "Unkar's Thug".  Is it safe to assume "Unkar" (whoever he is) will be getting a figure at some point too?

- apparently some (maybe all?) of these 2-packs (or 3-packs in some cases) will come with a big projectile-firing accessory. Some look cool... others, not so much (just like you would expect from missile-firing accessories).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:12 AM by Jeff »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 10:15 AM »
Agreed with what has been said already...

The BB-8 set is a must-buy for BB-8, and like Jesse said, aliens are aliens (and they could be army builders too?). Zeb/Chopper is a must-buy for people like me who have never even seen a Chopper in the wild, so kudos to Hasbro for that set. I'll probably pick up Ahsoka and Vader for the novelty of having an animated Vader.

I WANT a 3PO/R2 set, but I mean I have the OT version already and managed to get that set with decent paint. Never saw a Rebels version with good paint, so we'll see, but I can't help but think a TFA 3PO would be one of the first figures in a SA line since we have some SA 3PO's already that they could easily repaint.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45 AM »
I'm a little surprised at how many repacks we're seeing here as well, but I guess resources were devoted more to the other segments of the line.  That being said, at least this is an assortment where we're seeing a nice mix of the entire saga, and that could mean we'll see more newness here in the future.  I'm in for the new ones (Vader/Ahsoka, Thug/Scavenger/BB-8, and R2/3PO).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 10:52 AM »
I'm a little surprised at how many repacks we're seeing here as well, but I guess resources were devoted more to the other segments of the line.  That being said, at least this is an assortment where we're seeing a nice mix of the entire saga, and that could mean we'll see more newness here in the future.  I'm in for the new ones (Vader/Ahsoka, Thug/Scavenger/BB-8, and R2/3PO).

Agreed - I'll gladly pick up those three, but shuffling around ANH Leia and Han, Cody & Obi-wan, Anakin & Yoda and Zeb & Chopper just to make a new 2-pack combinations is pretty lousy. Would it have killed them to release Chopper with a helmet-less Sabine instead?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 11:26 AM »
Would it have killed them to release Chopper with a helmet-less Sabine instead?

+1

I mentioned in another thread the spit take inducing level of repacks here. I tend to not get too bothered by this that or the other thing with Hasbro, but this is one of those things that as a collector feels like they're working against you. The MS segment has been a highlight of the line since it started, and I was looking forward to some great combinations. I'm sure some are coming down the pike, but we've all been here before with Hasbro leading out with basically shelf filler that keeps the real show from showing up.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 11:53 AM »
I can sort of forgive the ANH Han/Leia pack.  It allows them to get Han/Leia figures out without being Ep7 versions (like they did with Bespin Luke in the basic line; Jedi Luke in the Armor Up line). 

I can sort of forgive Zeb with Chopper.  No matter who they packed him with, some segment was going to be unhappy about it.  At least they tried to get him out again and hey - $15 is way better than $35 or $90.  Yes, $90 at Brian's Toys.   ::)

The ROTS packs...  there is pretty much no excuses for those though. :P

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 12:09 PM »
Hey, isn't Brian's Toys one of your sponsors. You wanna get banned?  :P

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:09 PM by Scockery »