Author Topic: Bad Batch (Disney+)  (Read 9880 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Bad Batch (Disney+)
« on: March 30, 2021, 12:23 PM »
The Bad Batch is coming back on May the 4th and the trailer just dropped.  It looks pretty sweet.

It looks like at least some of this takes place after Order 66 and The Clone Wars officially end.  And I had forgotten that Echo joined the crew.  Hopefully we're getting a 6" Bad Batch version of him soon too.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Batch (Disney+)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 03:23 PM »
The Bad Batch is coming back on May the 4th and the trailer just dropped.  It looks pretty sweet.

It looks like at least some of this takes place after Order 66 and The Clone Wars officially end.  And I had forgotten that Echo joined the crew.  Hopefully we're getting a 6" Bad Batch version of him soon too.

This looks great!  Stoked for all the great Star Wars and Marvel content coming our way over the next few years. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 04:03 PM »
Looks really good!  I like how Ming Na is voicing Fennic Shand.  Looks like Rex is showing up as well!

I wonder if the control chips in CF-99 don't work or if they are going to have to get them removed like Ahsoka did for Rex.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 12:12 PM »
It's interesting to see Tarkin involved in the story.  And it looks like we might see some kind of a transition from the Clone Army to the Stormtroopers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 03:41 PM »
Whew, for a minute there i was worried there might not be a pointless, annoying kid character thrown into the mix, but the new poster has set my mind at ease.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2021, 04:09 PM »
I’m looking forward to watching the show this evening.  I’ve been able to stay spoiler free so far, but I think the trailers have alluded to where the story is going. 

The one interesting detail I took from an interview with the producers has to do with the number of episodes.  I think this season is slated for around 16 episodes in total.  The pilot came out today and the following episodes are scheduled to drop every Friday after that.  At first I thought that Disney wouldn’t want Star Wars and Marvel shows to run at the same time, but I guess that’s not a big concern.  Especially considering the number of shows that are going into production. 

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2021, 05:44 PM »
I’m looking forward to watching the show this evening.  I’ve been able to stay spoiler free so far, but I think the trailers have alluded to where the story is going. 

The one interesting detail I took from an interview with the producers has to do with the number of episodes.  I think this season is slated for around 16 episodes in total.  The pilot came out today and the following episodes are scheduled to drop every Friday after that.  At first I thought that Disney wouldn’t want Star Wars and Marvel shows to run at the same time, but I guess that’s not a big concern.  Especially considering the number of shows that are going into production.

Yeah.  Once all the production teams get ramped up in 12 months I think we'll have a near continuous stream of new Star Wars and Marvel shows broadcasting concurrently.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: May 4, 2021, 06:42 PM »
I wasn't really thrilled with the bad batch episodes from season 7 of TCW, but I do like where this series is going.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2021, 10:34 PM »
Don't want to post spoilers just yet, but did want to pop in here and say that I really enjoyed the first episode.

Will be interesting to see where they take this show and how certain characters are going to be received by the fan base...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 5, 2021, 09:38 AM »
It was a decent first episode, and wow was it long (that's what she said).  I think it clocked in at just over an hour.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2021, 09:56 AM »
I think enough days have passed for us to discuss episode 1.  Spoilers (?) from Episode 1 below.

For the most part I thought the first episode was decent. 

I'll be interested to see if they explore the Bad Batch's loyalties and who they identify with.  They don't necessarily follow orders perfectly, but they must have historically been receiving orders from someone.  Was it the Jedi directly?   Was it Republic admirals like Tarkin?  Will that lead to any particular loyalties towards remnant Jedi (like the orphaned padawan) or are they off on their own trying to just survive?

I thought it was interesting that their base was on Kamino and not really associated with a Republic base, but really a vendor for the Republic.  Not sure exactly what to think of that or if that was just a plot device to add Omega to their crew.

The one thing that I'll be interested to see how they explain is how Omega is a Jango clone, but a female.  Not sure why they just didn't make Omega a male, but I guess they might be trying to appeal more broadly to viewer demographics.

They've got 16 episodes to tell whatever story they want, so it should be plenty of room to go wherever they want.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2021, 09:57 AM by Dave »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Not sure why they just didn't make Omega a male, but I guess they might be trying to appeal more broadly to viewer demographics.

In my previous post, I linked to McMetal's comment because I had the same thought when I saw Omega -

a pointless, annoying kid character thrown into the mix

Really hoping they have something planned for her beyond "what if one of the clones was somehow a girl"!

In fairness, I kinda hated the whole "snips and skyguy" stuff from TCW movie - it took them a while to 'find' Ahsoka's character and that character really blossomed over time.  Maybe there is hope for Omega yet...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 12:35 PM »
Spoilers for Episode 2

I thought episode 2 was a bit formulaic and boring.  It was the classic adult/orphan dynamic where the less responsible protagonist adult tries to leave the child with a family where they'll be better off.  The orphan rebels from the family, creates a crisis, and ends up staying with the protagonist. 

Now that we've got the fact that Omega is staying with the Bad Batch, hopefully they can move on and tell a more interesting story.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 02:39 PM »
I feel like I have to voice *SOME* measure of concern about one aspect of the series premiere.  Notably, the Jedi Master and her Padawan.  Having watched the entire Rebels series multiple times, you know that it's something that was part of Kanan's backstory.  But this came across like it was making the universe smaller, not larger.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 03:10 PM »
I feel like I have to voice *SOME* measure of concern about one aspect of the series premiere.  Notably, the Jedi Master and her Padawan.  Having watched the entire Rebels series multiple times, you know that it's something that was part of Kanan's backstory.  But this came across like it was making the universe smaller, not larger.

Oh wow, I didn't even catch this. 

I totally agree that it should have just been some random Jedi Master and padawan, unless its critical to the storyline later somehow.