Author Topic: 2021 Target TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick  (Read 13274 times)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2021, 01:37 PM »
I checked online this morning and saw 1 in stock at a Target a little over 50 miles away. It just so happens I'll be in the vicinity on Tues for work so I bought it. (Pick-up only.)

I'll open it up in front of the attendant. Hopeful that everything is there but expecting it's a return without the Merrick.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2021, 03:39 PM »
Nice!

I’ve been checking the app every time I pick my phone up for a week and haven’t seen any hint that any store near me has any.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2021, 12:29 AM »
Blue leader and x-wing secured. Oh, happy days.

As an added bonus, angle the cardback and we can now picture Joe Dirt in the Star Wars multi-verse.

I hope more of these are being produced to satisfy demand.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2021, 11:45 AM »
Nice! I saw your post before and was worried it would end up being a return with a swapped figure. Glad it worked out for you!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2021, 05:50 PM »
Thanks. Obviously not a biggie in the scheme of things, but in our little collecting world, it was good to scratch off my list.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2021, 11:13 AM »
A local Target had these listed as limited stock, so I called to make sure of quantity and rushed over.  Toy manager pulled it from the back, but I confirmed everything was intact.  Nice to be done with this.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2021, 12:11 AM »
I found it this evening too.  The app said Limited Stock and there it was.  About $90 after tax with the $25 off.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Checked the Target app this morning and I finally had success!  I was able to buy the X-Wing and get it held for in store pickup.  The only catch is that I have to drive 45 minutes to pick it up.  But the $25 off a $100 purchase took some of the sting out of that. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:55 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Got excited this morning when the Target app showed the X-Wing "in Stock" at a recently visited Target store...  then realized the store is the Oahu-Kapolei store which I visited on vacation this past August.  Just 3986 miles away from me!  But hey, if any JD'ers are on vacation in Oahu, go get those X-Wings! :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2021, 12:42 PM »
I don't understand why these exclusives are so hard to find in MN.  Seems like lots of success away from their home market, but new stuff is impossible to find here in the twin cities where we have 50+ stores around the metro.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2021, 01:05 PM »
I don't understand why these exclusives are so hard to find in MN.  Seems like lots of success away from their home market, but new stuff is impossible to find here in the twin cities where we have 50+ stores around the metro.

I don't think these will be too hard to find in the long run (build up to Christmas).  There were 2 yesterday at a local store and the toy manager said they were getting 12 more on the next truck (today) and apparently people can order these store pick-up now!  Patience is key.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2021, 01:47 PM »
I just got back from my excursion to get one.  It’s been a frustrating process because the Target app isn’t just showing that this X-Wing is out of stock.  In a list of close to 20 stores the inventory status shows up as “Not sold in this store”.  Only one store had a status that showed up as out of stock.  And one other store had a Limited Availability status when I expanded my search out.  That’s just ridiculous in a metro area that is home to over 8 million people and dozens of Target store locations. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:39 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2021, 05:07 PM »

Meanwhile here's a report I wrote for the JD TVC thread based on a guy in know from the MN toy posse.

A guy I know in local toy group found one X-wing yesterday at the Edina, MN target. The store did have a shelf tag yesterday as seen in a picture he shared. This inventory did NOT show in the app that I checked multiple times yesterday morning  including before store opened.

Today I went to that Target and four other Targets nearby (Roseville,  Midway, Richfield and Bloomington). Zeros stores had shelf tags for the x-wing. I had employees scan a pic of the upc. Some said the item had no location, while others said it would be in the collectible toys by electronics.
I found the shelf location where my friend found it in Marvel aisle away from the regular Star Wars items. The spot has four shelves with zero shelf  tags, but filled witha Mandalorian gift pack, cards for Pokemon, Magic and some other random stuff.
Macklunkey!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2021, 11:42 AM »
I found it this evening too.  The app said Limited Stock and there it was.  About $90 after tax with the $25 off.

Glad to hear you found one Rob!

Got excited this morning when the Target app showed the X-Wing "in Stock" at a recently visited Target store...  then realized the store is the Oahu-Kapolei store which I visited on vacation this past August.  Just 3986 miles away from me!  But hey, if any JD'ers are on vacation in Oahu, go get those X-Wings! :P

Jeff, I think that’s an opportunity for a road trip!  Have they finished the bridge yet?  ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2021, 03:32 PM »
Glad to hear you guys are finding this. If they start showing up in larger numbers (which I sort of feel is likely), I'm tempted to get a second one to make into another member of Blue Squadron. I think a headswap and adding a stripe on the wings should do the trick.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram