Author Topic: Keeping up with figures  (Read 21824 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Keeping up with figures
« Reply #30 on: April 3, 2005, 04:09 PM »
I use an excel spreadsheet with a different page for each line.  When I built it, I was trying to use some newly learned excel skills, and it looks pretty good with banners on the tops of the pages etc.

Each page basically has item and quantity, I need to add another column for price and then possible a total on the bottom of the page so I can get an idea of what my collection is worth, just in case I ever need to make an insurance claim.  :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I also have a pretty extensive Excel spreadsheet for my collection.  I'm about up to 15 different tabs by now.  I've divided figures into 3 3/4", 12", and misc. (which includes beast packs, vehicles and special figures like 500th vader that aren't on standard cards as well as multi packs).  I then divided those three catagories into OT and prequel.  Further tabs cover books, food promos, replicas, ornaments, legos, and want lists and future items that are coming out.  Feel free to drop me an email if anyone wants a copy: emizerek@erols.com.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2005, 11:23 PM »
I print out lists of figures from sites like Rebelscum and keep them in a binder. Thats the way I prefer it, but I'd suggest the Excel way if you are more computer inclined.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2005, 06:41 AM »
I had a little excel system going for awhile but it didn't get along with my ADD. :P

I don't use anything right now, I have a fairly decent memory so I actually remember what I have.
"This is the way."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 12:08 PM »
I don't use anything right now, I have a fairly decent memory so I actually remember what I have.

Really?  Wow.  There's no way I could keep track of everything without my checklists. 

I have 2 lists that are most frequently used (simply with Word) - one that lists everything where I cross off the figures I have, and another that just lists the figures I need.

I've also got an Excel spreadsheet that track the # of figures I have and need.  Oh, and one for my expenses too.

What a control freak, eh?  ;)

Offline Errex

• Youngling
  • Gra'tua Cuun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2005, 12:57 PM »
I keep a database in my Palm for all the stuff I've got for the past three years.

The software is HandBase 3.0, it is quite flexible and  ODBC compatible.

I'd still have to enter my older stuff into it, though...

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2005, 05:45 PM »
i also use a Excel spreadsheet to track down my figures in my collection and the amount of $$ i spent on plastics  :'(

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 01:07 PM »
I actually just write down the figures I have, numbered, under the title of the line they came from. Whenever I get new figures, I just add to the list. May not be as efficient as a spreadsheet, though.

HOWEVER, if you go to REBELSCUM.COM, they feature something called "WEDGE ENGINE." There, they require to simply make a username and password, and you can go through lists of hundreds of action figures and collectibles, and add them to either your loose or carded collection. You can also grade the packaging if they're still carded. Also, the feature will make a complete list of the figures you have recorded, and will give you an average price for how much each item is worth. At the bottom of the list, it will tell you how much your overall collection is worth.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"