Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360329 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Nice job on that list Jay.  I totally forgot what the combiner tapes were even called, and since Transformers is a the land of many o repaints - I thought I'd point these out as well

"KISS" Glit, Sundor, Rosanna:

I don't really get this KISS thing, as I thought it was just Binaltechs paired with nearly nude lil Japaneese girls, but somehow these guys or girls are linked to that series for whatever reason..

Cobalt Sentry Ravage and Laserbeak done in Diaclone colors:
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 1, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I actually/finally bought the Devastator gift set at the same "road trip" Wal-Mart I mentioned in my last post of this thread.  $29.76 plus tax.

I didn't realize that two of the five toys are repaints of two others, but it isn't terribly bothersome, but does cause it to pale in comparison to the variety of the vintage Constructicons.  My main gripe is that it's nearly impossible, even with directions, for my stupid self to transform the central larger robot (I can't recall his name off the top of my head) into vehicle mode.  Right now it's simply displayed as Devastator and will probably stay that way for a while. :)

Overall, it is a nice deal (5 TFs for 30 bucks), so I can't complain too much.  I've still only ever seen it at that particular WM, though, so who knows when it will show up in larger numbers.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 1, 2007, 08:40 PM »
I finally found "Constructicon" Devastator over the weekend and he's still boxed up.  I bought all of the Arielbots when they were out in Energon, but never picked up the Combaticons or the "constructicons"  I loved the individual bots that Superion was, but he was a bitch to combine and keep him that way.  I'm really glad to have picked up this set though as I originally found pieces of himself on clearance back in 05 but never found a complete set.

I kinda like the pic on the side that shows the bot in actual size - never seen that done before...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #258 on: April 2, 2007, 12:57 AM »
My local WMs have yet to stock that Devestator, which would bug me if I wanted it. They haven't received their exclusive Alts either, which is irksome until I remember they're $20 each.

Movie Protoforms in stock at HTS. These are kind of tempting, since I'd like to see some movie product before writing it off completely. But I think I'll wait to see them at retail, which will be another month now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 2, 2007, 07:00 AM »
Mike -

Did you ever get a hold of 3&up on your stuff?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #260 on: April 2, 2007, 08:17 AM »
By the way, I have an old 80's Devastator complete if anyone's interested in it...

PM to you  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 2, 2007, 10:57 AM »
Mike -

Did you ever get a hold of 3&up on your stuff?

All I can say is that they need to be trained in the art of customer service.  It's been over two weeks now and they finally wrote back to let me know that the package is "now shipping" and that one of the items I ordered wasn't in stock and that they'd be crediting back my card.  This took them two weeks mind you....just for a valid response.  Now I have to probably wait another week or three as the package will probably get mishandled in customs or something.

Damned Canadians  >:(   :)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 2, 2007, 01:51 PM »
BLAME CANADA!!!

It worked for South Park!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #263 on: April 2, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Here's an interesting item/bootleg I came across this weekend....

I punished myself by visiting my local K-Mart, as when I was heading out the door, a strange yet familiar Easter Basket caught my eye. It was packed with G1 Aerialbots including all the components to create Superion. They are obviously bootlegs as they do have any Autobot symbols, but they are molded is the same colored plastics as their G1 counterparts. So they look essentially fresh from the 80s. There were several of the baskets so it wasn't a fluke type thing.

So if anyone is missing a component for their Aerialbots check out your K-Mart. The whole set can be had for $10.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #264 on: April 2, 2007, 10:38 PM »
I wish my local K-Mart would get those in. I remember a few years back when the G1 Devestator boots were in the same type of deal, and they never got those.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #265 on: April 3, 2007, 02:12 AM »
I bought some 3" silver and clear transformers at the SDCC a few years ago and the guy said they where Japanese. they are in plastic bags with no tags.dose any body know what they are or where i can get info on these figures and names. they look cool and would like to know a little info of what i own...
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 3, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I bought some 3" silver and clear transformers at the SDCC a few years ago and the guy said they where Japanese. they are in plastic bags with no tags.dose any body know what they are or where i can get info on these figures and names. they look cool and would like to know a little info of what i own...

Can you post some pics?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #267 on: April 3, 2007, 04:02 PM »
here are some of the pics
He's no good to me open

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 3, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Hmmm...They look to be PVCs  I collected the Heroes of Cybertron a few years back which were exclusive to Walgreens and I've heard that they'll be making a come back to Hot Topic too.  They're about the same size as a basic fig.  I've never seen silver or clear versions though so they're probably an Asian exclusive or chase figs.

Oh wait...Another search on Ebay yielded the following:

Transformers SCF Pewter PVC

« Last Edit: April 3, 2007, 04:16 PM by iFett »

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #269 on: April 3, 2007, 05:01 PM »
thanks ifett. though my figures don't come in a box, these are probably the same line. now to find the rest of them...
He's no good to me open