Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 477308 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 10.26.05
« Reply #1110 on: October 26, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Thanks Phruby.  It's a photoshop pic. I tried using the Spider Droid that Owen made for me, but I couldn't get it to look right!  Spent about two hours on a pic of the one he made for me, and I just wasn't happy with it, even though his droid would have looked better if I could have gotten the pic to turn out right.

One thing the series has lacked, is large Separatist vehicles.  At least now we get to see one for the first time in a while.

:P

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 26, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Darth D.  I love your avatar and comment!  "Kneel...kneel before Wobb!" and that cat!  It's hilarious!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1112 on: October 26, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Darth D.  I love your avatar and comment!  "Kneel...kneel before Wobb!" and that cat!  It's hilarious!

Okay....

Anyways, the updated version looks much better. It's good to see some Seppie vehicles. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 26, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Great preview pic!!!  Please post a picture of the "unaltered" base!  :)

By the way, what do you use as your source images for the "ground".  I loved seeing the "Before and After" FX pics....but where are you getting those cool images of dirt, leaves, etc?

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 26, 2005, 04:08 PM »

I appreciate that...but hey, give Chewie some props on all his hard custom work!  ;)

I think the new customs look really good, Chewie. I'm loving that Imperial Officer, and the new Rykrof armor is great. I actually like the addional eqipment to the leg; Rykrof needs to stand out.

The new clone squad looks really good and the paint job is fantastic. The only thing I would do is do more to differentiate Rykrof's armor from those in Bly's unit. What's the meaning behind the name?

-DD
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:33 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1115 on: October 26, 2005, 10:24 PM »
Jeez man, you've been busy!  You make me feel really bad about not updating in a month!  :P

Rykrof in Clone Armor turned out great, nice work.  The Snowtrooper backpack is a great touch.

I really like the design of the Clone Interceptors.  The parts work perfectly and really separate these guys from "regular" troops.  Simple and effective as always.

I like the Skiver Division, but I don't really think that the AT-RT shins/forearms work on the white clones.  I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't really match up, in my opinion.  I do think it works the other way around (on the Bacara/AT-RT clones) though. 

BoShek is a definite improvement over the hasbro version.  Nice work!

I love the Endor Bunker Commander!  I was planning on converting all of my Imperial Commanders onto the Ozzel body but haven't gotten around to it yet...  Did you hollow out the Scanning Crew head to put it on the ball joint?

Your Photonovel preview pics are incredible!  You have really come a long way in your photo editing skills.  The "Curse of Dathomir" preview pic is very well done.  I like the integration of all of the different images, they all mesh together nicely.

Great stuff as always CHEWIE!  Keep it up!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 27, 2005, 02:22 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'll probably treak that Skiver Division some.  The meaning of Skiver is to pierce, cut/infiltrate.  So that's where I came up witn the name.

On the Imperial, actually cut off the neck peg from Ozzel's neck, and drilled into the neck so the new head's peg could fit into it.

And here's another preview pic.  I might get one more preview up in the next day or two.  This story is going to take longer than I thought though.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1117 on: October 27, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Thanks Phruby.  It's a photoshop pic. I tried using the Spider Droid that Owen made for me, but I couldn't get it to look right!  Spent about two hours on a pic of the one he made for me, and I just wasn't happy with it, even though his droid would have looked better if I could have gotten the pic to turn out right.

One thing the series has lacked, is large Separatist vehicles.  At least now we get to see one for the first time in a while.

I thought that was Owen's Spider Droid. I guess that's an indication of how much respect I have for Owen's work. :) Very nice work, CHEWIE. I'm anxiously awaiting RE's next adventure!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 10.27.05
« Reply #1118 on: October 28, 2005, 02:33 AM »
Yeah, Owens Spider Droid is so cool, especially in person.

I've had to go back and redo some of the pics I made, a few of them are just too grainy.

But here's one last preview before the next story is up.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - small update 10.28.05
« Reply #1119 on: October 28, 2005, 02:40 AM »
And by one last you mean there will be about 5 more? ;)

That's a real nice action shot there.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 28, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Thanks Ryan, but yeah I'm gonna try and make this the last preview.  I don't want to give anything away.

So far I have about 25 shots completed, but I have to retake about 5 of them, and then edit another 35 or so.  Time consuming!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1121 on: October 28, 2005, 10:58 AM »
CHEWIE -

Have you previously posted on how you make the blast effect from the muzzle of the blaster? I can do bolts with relative ease, but my muzzle blast looks pretty sad. :)

If you can't point me to a tutorial, can you give me a pointer or three? (I am fluent in Photoshop so far as layers, transparency, effects, etc, so have at it).

Thanks!

Oh, and the preview looks GREAT, although it raises yet more questions depending on when that photo comes up in the story... :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:59 AM by In Rem »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 28, 2005, 11:14 AM »
InRem, I'm far from being an expert in photo editing and I actually don't use photoshop.  I use two different programst that are a little easier to use - Microsoft Picture It and Photo Impact.  I never have seen a tutorial but experiment with the programs and learn new things almost every time I mess around with it.  But I'll try and explain a bit on how I make the effects around the ends of the blasters. 

After I create the blaster shot, I'll go ahead and make a second effect, that is more of a circle shape.  Then I'll use a highlighting tool to brighten up the circle shape, and maybe make it a litte less perfectly shaped.  The key is adding in a couple of different shades of light to that one section.

Make sense?

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1123 on: October 28, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Actually that does make sense.

And I don't know how you do what you do without Photoshop :). If it was possible for me to be more impressed with your PN, I am now.

Thanks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - final preview 10.29.05
« Reply #1124 on: October 29, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Thanks In Rem.  For anyone up tonight online, here's a final preview of what I should have up sometime tomorrow (yes SLC, final  ;) ).