Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

TRU Vintage Box Millennium Falcon

<< < (2/10) > >>

iFett:
That thing went North...wow.  I've been getting tons of emailed coupons from TRU lately and I'm sure that will continue through the holiday season, but would likely still a bit too expensive to buy just for the damn box.

Jeff:
Something tells me this will play out like the MTT.  Ridiculously over-priced by TRU at $180, but then we find out there's a $50 coupon coming that will magically put it back at the regular retail price.  I would not be surprised if the reason the Falcon is $250 is so that they can have a similar "amazing" deal on it at some point in the holiday shopping season.   ::)

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Jeff on October 22, 2012, 12:43 PM ---Something tells me this will play out like the MTT.  Ridiculously over-priced by TRU at $180, but then we find out there's a $50 coupon coming that will magically put it back at the regular retail price.  I would not be surprised if the reason the Falcon is $250 is so that they can have a similar "amazing" deal on it at some point in the holiday shopping season.   ::)

--- End quote ---

Well, if it's anything like the Death Star Trench set, I believe they sold it for $50 on Black Friday... that's probably what might happen in a month.

Edit: if things get more expensive, I might have to earn some extra cash at the sperm bank.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Jeff on October 22, 2012, 12:43 PM ---Something tells me this will play out like the MTT.  Ridiculously over-priced by TRU at $180, but then we find out there's a $50 coupon coming that will magically put it back at the regular retail price.  I would not be surprised if the reason the Falcon is $250 is so that they can have a similar "amazing" deal on it at some point in the holiday shopping season.   ::)

--- End quote ---

I really am starting to hate TRU.  I find stuff like this to be, at the very least, misleading...  It makes me glad I don't generally shop at TRU without a good sale going on.

I'm glad I'm not a die-hard for boxes too.  Ultimately I'd rather have a real Vintage SW Boxed Falcon than a remake of it.  the modern ones are ok but only for cheap (like the B-Wing).  Short of a major improvement to the toy, or a fair price, piss on it.

Darth_Anton:
Wow. I'm scared about what they're going to price the At-At at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version