Author Topic: TESB Black Series 40th Anniversary Collection  (Read 7820 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: TESB Black Series 40th Anniversary Collection
« Reply #30 on: May 3, 2020, 11:36 PM »
Wave 2 has hit Target in Chicago’s Northwest suburbs. Saw two cases yesterday at a store and friends have been finding it all over the region. Bought the Hoth Trooper looks fantastic.

Sounds like they're here in MN too.  Local toy group posted finding them at the Target I frequent most this weekend.   >:(
« Last Edit: May 5, 2020, 05:30 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2020, 11:47 PM »
The Hoth Rebel Soldier might be the best all around figure they have ever done in this line. All the different looks are amazing, and there is some crazy ass articulation going on. (that neck joint!) I really, really love this figure, I swore off troop building in this scale but 2 might not be enough.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2020, 10:09 AM »
I ordered whole cases of waves 1 and 2 each.  But with select figures I'm buying additional ones.  I already got an extra Bespin Luke because of the updated likeness.  And there are another couple of Hoth Rebel Soldiers on order as well!  I think I might have to get as many as 4 of them given all of the permutations of which face, scarf, goggles, etc.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Glad I can buy by the case with Boba Fett coming in wave 3.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2020, 09:32 PM »
There seems to be a lot of conjecture about the Boba Fett in wave 3.  Some people are hopeful that it will be a re-release of the SDCC exclusive figure.  I'm leaning more towards it being the same as the Black Series Archive figure but on a 40AC cardback.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2020, 10:37 PM »
Just opened my Luke Snowspeeder and Hoth Rebel Trooper figures.  Man are those nice.  The Rebel Trooper is maybe one of the nicest figures they've ever made.  All the details in the figure are fantastic.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2020, 10:32 AM »
Saw Wave 2 at Target the other day. I also got an email yesterday from Amazon saying that they moved my ETA for Snowspeeder Luke and Hoth Rebel from August 1 to June 1. Oddly the Lando and R2 I preordered are still set for August 1.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 3, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Got an email from Amazon regarding some shipping delays for my Wave 2 preorders that don't sound great.

Snowspeeder Luke and Hoth Trooper: ETA pushed from June 2 to July 9
Lando: ETA moved up from August 1 to June 24
R2: ETA still August 1

Wondering if I should just cancel and preorder the entire set from a collector site or something

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 3, 2020, 11:15 AM »
I got the same shipping delay notice from Amazon this morning as well. I’ve got the same figures ordered from Entertainment Earth as I wanted doubles and have had no luck finding them locally at retail. I guess I’ll see which retailer ships first...
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 3, 2020, 12:14 PM »
You guys haven't seen these at your local Target? 

I think the Target down the street from me has received at least half a dozen cases in the past few weeks.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 3, 2020, 01:34 PM »

I think the Target down the street from me has received at least half a dozen cases in the past few weeks.

They seem plentiful here in MN where there are 50 Targets across the metro, but from FB reads, sounds like these are a little harder to find in other areas of the country. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 3, 2020, 07:46 PM »
I've seen some of wave 2 at Target a couple of times - but only Lando, the TIE Pilot and R2-D2.  But not Luke (Snowspeeder Pilot) or the Hoth Rebel Trooper.  Still, I have a case on order from Dorkside Toys.  They seem to have gotten solid cases of the Hoth Rebel, because that part of my order is marked as fulfilled, but the case with wave 2 is still pending.

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 4, 2020, 11:25 AM »

I’ve seen the remnants of the wave like Lando and the TIE pilot at Target, but I’m always too late for the rest...  Then again, I’m one of the lucky people that’s been working the past few months through  the Pandemic, so I’ve not had the chance to hit Target first thing in the morning.

However, I just got a shipping notice from Entertainment Earth for my Snowspeeder Pilot Luke figure, so that one at least beat my delayed Amazon order, lol!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 6, 2020, 04:33 PM »
I have a complete set of these on pre-order from Target.com, which has yet to ship, but I've also scored another set from Target. I am having a heck of a time finding a MOC R2-D2. So I'm hoping when my pre-order set arrives, the R2 will be MOMC.

Really like the face swap feature of the Hoth Rebel Trooper - can't wait to have two of them on display with the different faces.

Has there been any word on when Wave 3 will be available for pre-order? I know most of them are just supposed to be repacks (I've heard Vader, Snowtrooper, Boba Fett for example) - but I still want to include them in the set.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 7, 2020, 11:19 PM »
My Amazon preorder of Snowspeeder Luke and Hoth Rebel Soldier arrived out of nowhere this afternoon. Still waiting on Lando and R2... then I'll probably try to track down the TIE Pilot and the rest of Wave 1 since the cardbacks are so pretty.