Author Topic: Target TVC Smuggler's Run Millennium Falcon  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Target TVC Smuggler's Run Millennium Falcon
« on: June 22, 2020, 12:29 PM »
I keep looking at the stacks of these at TRU and keep hoping they put them on sale again.  I want one, but not for $250.  $150 and it's mine.

Same boat... I don't have a spot for one, but I've wanted one for years.  They're $274.99 at the TRU near me... that's obscene.

According to Yakface, this is coming back to Target and Galaxy's Edge... my last post didn't age well, and at this point I'd pay $400 for one if it'll display as an OT Falcon.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:30 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Target TVC Smuggler's Run Millennium Falcon
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I still can't believe you never got this one, Rob.

Back in 2008 when these came out along with the AT-TE....I had to go Falcon over the AT-TE....but still hope the latter will get re-released.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 12:42 PM »
Yeah, I scoffed at $150 originally... then I scoffed at $250 and $275...

I've got a little more budget for this kind of stuff these days, so that helps... but I've been hoping they'd re-release it eventually so I didn't have to spend $500 or $600 for one on eBay  That said, if they only include the Sequel Trilogy dish, I'll be looking for an older one anyway.  Maybe this re-release would drive prices down a little if I have to go that route.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:47 PM by Rob »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:03 PM »
I've wrestled with selling my 2008 Falcon since I've sold off a small bit of 4 inch figures, with plans to sell all of it eventually. It's an amazing piece. Should be interesting to see if they include swappable dishes, which I think would be a no-brainer. That way people who missed out like Rob can get one, and a Sequel-only Falcon probably wouldn't sell well at all due to how negatively received the Sequels and the sequel merchandise are.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 11:18 PM »
I think it's great that this is getting a re-release. Perhaps the original dish should be packed in as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 10:11 AM »
I didn’t even wake up early enough to know it had been announced before it had sold out. 

I hope that’s just wave one for preorders. 

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 10:18 AM »
400 bucks and sold out in minutes. Wow!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 10:43 AM »

Tough to say if that means anything without knowing how many preorders they took.  A lot of places do small numbers in an early pre-order to get people excited about a thing, then come back with more later.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 11:01 AM »

Tough to say if that means anything without knowing how many preorders they took.  A lot of places do small numbers in an early pre-order to get people excited about a thing, then come back with more later.

For sure, but at $400 in it's 3rd release I find it impressive whatever metrics you use.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Yeah no announcements on any of this stuff and the preorders are gone, likely to bots/scalpers. Really frustrating for real collectors.

That said, I have zero doubt that this will sit at stores for months after the initial shipment. The price guarantees that no casuals will pick it up, so I think anyone who wants one will get a shot. At least I hope so. The last year's worth of Target exclusives never even showed up at any of my local stores.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 12:41 PM »
I hear you on that...  It’s frustrating that it came out under the radar, so to speak, and sold out in minutes. That said, I’m not sure how excited I was about it in the first place. While it’s definitely cool Hasbro has updated the toy for the Disney ride and Sequel Trilogy era, it’s not something really exciting me... I’ve still got the original BMF from 2008 (which I paid around $60 for on clearance at Walmart) and it’s still in perfect working order. No real need on my part to seek out a new one for $400 that’s not significantly different. Still, if I come across one in a Target store eventually, I may reconsider  ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 02:14 PM »
Does anyone have any good Intel on whether these will be a focal display at multiple Targets or just the "Disney" Targets? That'll matter a lot on availability I imagine.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 03:24 PM »
Target seems to have done this for the last several exclusives with very limited pre-orders, followed later by variable in-store availability, and usually not available online later.

Living in Minneapolis - the land of Target - its usually pretty easy to track these down in store (not counting retro figures).  If people are looking for Target exclusives and can't find them in their backyard, just post and I'm sure the crew from Minneapolis can help.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Nice! I can't wait to see the countless posts at Rebelscum asking if the price has gone down. That crowd only collects Star Wars on clearance.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram