Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232163 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2008, 12:37 AM »
Without a doubt, a Kubrick is what, half the size of a SW figure?  The original Falcon works decently with Kubrick figures actually.  If you're looking for that kind of display. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2008, 12:46 AM »
Without a doubt, a Kubrick is what, half the size of a SW figure?  The original Falcon works decently with Kubrick figures actually.  If you're looking for that kind of display. 

Heh, if i HAD han and chewie Kubs, i would totally go for a Falcon, but the only ones i have are Royal Guards and a ghost of Anakin (I have another japanese figure line eating up my cash flow LOL)

Offline superleia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 23, 2008, 12:41 AM »
Holy crap...first one of these just went up on ebay and its freakin huge! Price is high, but I'm tempted...my buddy at TRU told me they are only getting a handful per store in late July and some stores won't be getting any. Confirmed the shipping at $40-$50....what to do...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 23, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Don't give into the dark side, don't go e-bay. I wouldn't panic based on what your buddy says and I don't know how he would know what other retailers are getting.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline superleia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 23, 2008, 11:05 AM »
My friend works at TRU and my sis works at K-mart...they usually do a pretty good job of warning me of what's coming down the tracks...gonna check my bank account and then decide...happy hunting everyone

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 23, 2008, 11:53 AM »
IIRC, Hasbro has said that the BMF will continue to ship through the holiday season. So we should not have a problem finding this between all of the big box stores. We might have a problem at first as I expect this to sell well early. But a month or so after release it should start popping up again.

It's just that "gotta have it now" tude that most of us have that makes us excitable about something like this.

Patience, soon you will have your Falcon.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 26, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Wow! Can't believe the "Buy it now" asking price on the new Falcons. Ebay is despicable.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #547 on: June 26, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Ebay is not despicable.  The people who sell on Ebay take adavantage of over eager buyers.  It's the buyers' fault for giving in.  I've had many good deals and purchased great stuff at nice prices on Ebay.  Patience is the key.

Superleia...DON'T get this off ebay.   The BMF will be everywhere.  In fact, if you can't find one at reatil by Sept 26 (2 months after launch) I'll buy one for you!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 2, 2008, 04:09 PM »
The Front Page has an official press release from Hasbro regarding the upcoming BMF Falcon.  Nothing new really, just a little more extended write up about it.  From this (and the YouTube video) it sounds like we have the old mold breaking to thank for this new version.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2008, 04:11 PM by Brian »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 2, 2008, 04:11 PM »
I would almost bet that the 'old mold' had been recast once or twice since 1977.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 2, 2008, 04:39 PM »
The mold breaking sounds like a convenient excuse, and I'm perfectly fine with that... heh heh.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #551 on: July 3, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Hasbro should break the mold(s) apart and auction them for charity.  I'd buy a piece of it gladly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 3, 2008, 10:38 AM »
They probably did break the mold.  They pumped out a lot of Falcons with it over the past 30 years.  Anyway I am just glad they made a new version.  I probably will not run out on 7/26 to buy it but at some point this year I will.  The problem is getting BOTH the AT-TE and Falcon.  I have to strategically get this approved by my wife.  Unfortunately with the higher gas prices and other things like mortgage, bills, etc it may be a tough sell.  But I will get it done somehow!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 3, 2008, 10:41 AM »
The problem is getting BOTH the AT-TE and Falcon.  I have to strategically get this approved by my wife.  Unfortunately with the higher gas prices and other things like mortgage, bills, etc it may be a tough sell.

So true.  I'm trying to figure out how to get that done as well.  I've got the Falcon approved I think, and hope to get that on "opening day", but I haven't even mentioned the other $100 vehicle that is coming out.  I'd like to get that right away as well, but have a feeling that isn't very likely.  A lot depends on what is all released that day, and how tough it is to find.  I'm hoping the AT-TE will be available for the rest of the year, and I can get it a month or two later or something.  We'll see.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 3, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Ouch both Broem and Brian having the whip cracked on them....j/k kidding fellas

I'm SO glad my fiancee is a (former) collector as she gets it. She KNOWS I've ben waiting and wanting an AT-TE since first seeing it in AOTC. And even got excited at the new BMF.

It helps too that I made the decision myself to cut my budget in half. So she's benefitted from that with dinners out, I'm paying more than my "share" of bills, etc. So it's all good.