Author Topic: Galaxy of Adventures 5" Figures  (Read 54468 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Galaxy of Adventures 5" Figures
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Didn't get a chance to get through the 5" GOA press pics last night (sorry).  Here's the updated press release for the basic figures. 

Press pics can be found in the Image Database.

STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES 5-INCH Figure Assortment
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $9.99/Available: Fall 2019)
STAR WARS fans new and old can discover the exciting action from the STAR WARS saga with figures, Lightsabers, and more from STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES! These 5-inch scale figures feature multiple points of articulation and include detail and fun action moves inspired by STAR WARS movies and entertainment. Recreate exciting adventures with fan favorites like CHEWBACCA, REY, SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN, JET TROOPER, and more! Each pack contains a 5-inch scale STAR WARS figure. Each figure sold separately. Available at most major retailers.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:35 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 11:22 AM »
Here's the press release for the Treadspeeder & Driver set coming this Fall.

STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES FIRST ORDER DRIVER AND TREADSPEEDER
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/Available: Fall 2019)
FIRST ORDER TREADSPEEDERS are rugged, shielded patrol bikes with a design that grants greater traction on unstable terrain and can avoid countermeasures that jam traditional speeders. Specialized STORMTROOPERS of the FIRST ORDER, these armored soldiers operate the rugged TREADSPEEDERS in combat and pursuit operations. This 5-inch scale FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER figure features multiple points of articulation, and design and detail inspired by STAR WARS entertainment. The STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES FIRST ORDER DRIVER AND TREADSPEEDER features a launching projectile and exciting crash effects, both of which kids can activate with the push of a button. Includes figure, vehicle, 1 projectile, and 1 accessory. Available at most major retailers.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 01:24 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Here's the press release for the Kylo/Rey 2-Pack coming this Fall. 

STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES 5-INCH REY AND SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN 2-PACK
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $19.99/Available: Fall 2019)
Trained in the way of the Jedi Knights by Jedi Master LUKE SKYWALKER, REY hopes to control her growing powers as she tries to help the Resistance defeat the First Order. Taking over as Supreme Leader of the First Order, KYLO REN serves the dark side of the Force even as he continues to struggle against the pull of the light side. This STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES 5-INCH REY AND SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN 2-PACK features iconic STAR WARS characters REY and SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN from STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. Includes 2 figures and 5 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 11:26 AM »
Here's the press release for the Droid 3-Pack coming this Fall. 

STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES 5-INCH R2-D2, BB-8, & D-O DROID 3-PACK
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $14.99/Available: Fall 2019)
Imagine BB-8 helping his droid friends escape the clutches of the villainous First Order with fun spinning action! This 5-inch scale figure 3-pack features iconic STAR WARS droid characters R2-D2, BB-8, and D-O from STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. Both of the R2-D2 and D-O figures feature smooth rolling play, so boys and girls can imagine racing into the galactic action to save the day. Includes 3 figures. Available at most major retailers.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 05:09 PM »
I found a bunch of these in Kroger this morning. I figured I would hold off on making a final decision until I saw them in person, and as it turns out I had no problem leaving them behind. They’re fine for what they are I guess, the aesthetic just doesn’t appeal to me.

Hoping they put out the 6” stuff this week because I am seriously worried about finding any of that stuff in stores come Friday.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 2, 2019, 09:41 AM »
I found Han and Threepio yesterday at a Wal*Mart. So far I have all the OT figures plus the Rey and Kylo 2-pack. I like them, and I am happy to collect this line in lieu of the Black Series.

My only complaint this far is the chintzy gold plastic of the Threepio...I wish they had just opted for doing solid yellows and tans like the Droids version from '85. I may be looking into chroming this figure up somehow.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 8, 2019, 01:33 AM »
Darth Maul, Yoda, Boba Fett, and Sith Jet Trooper were revealed at the Dortmund Comic Con in Germany this weekend.

Complete set of high-res pics (including some boxed shots) can be found in the JD Image Database for the Dortmund show.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 8, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Yep, I still hate this line and hate that it’s taken attention away from 3.75”.  I hope it dies off next year and things get back to normal.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2019, 04:37 PM »
Yep, I still hate this line and hate that it’s taken attention away from 3.75”.  I hope it dies off next year and things get back to normal.

I couldn't agree more.

I know the toy aisle landscape is a lot different than it was during the 70s/80s, but in my opinion, not having a 5POA 3.75" line for TROS, is as if Kenner stopped making figures after ESB.

Even if it had just been a single wave consisting of Lando, Jannah, Lt. Connix, Finn, General Pryde, Treadspeeder Driver, a different Knight of Ren from the TVC one & a First Order/Sith Trooper variant, that would have been sufficient. The expectation would be that you pair the 5POA wave with the TVC figures to get a complete "set" of TROS characters in the 3.75" scale.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2019, 10:29 PM »
I see your point but that line-up would never happen
 It would be Rey Finn Poe Kylo and something random like ESB Bespin Lando.

I like the 5POA better than the Vintage line, if one had to go I wish it had been Vintage. But since they exist, I like the GOA and I will collect the OT characters in lieu of my other options at this point.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2019, 11:24 PM »
I think Muftak has it right. If we had 5 poa we'd have gotten similar wave as first TLJ wave. Now we could probably all agree that's it's own conversation to have with Hasbro on why that would be the case. But I don't believe GOA stopped us from having some amazing wave of ROS figs.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 11:25 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Only a two store sample but both Targets I frequent have no 2 packs and single figs are pretty picked over. Especially main TROS stuff. Maybe it was parent's only choice for Christmas and kids will br disappointed but I'm still not sure we can label this line a train wreck yet.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Only a two store sample but both Targets I frequent have no 2 packs and single figs are pretty picked over.

One store by me is cleaned out, the other Target store has the Rey/Kylo pack on clearance for $13 and they have a lot of them.  Pick a store and write your narrative appropriately - "GOA sold out, success!" or "GOA on clearance - failure!"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2019, 12:39 PM »
I’ve picked up a handful of the OT ones (Han and Chewie, Jedi Luke), and I don’t think they are too bad. I’d still rather see the resources go to 3 3/4” stuff, but the toys themselves are well done. They seemed to sit for quite awhile at Target here, but really cleared out the week leading up to a Christmas. When I was there yesterday, they had 4 left (2 Rey’s, 2 Jet troopers).

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 09:45 AM »
As the resident 5" GoA fan, I feel it is worth pointing out that my local Wal*Mart reset the toy aisle. The planogram called for an obscene number of pegs for lightsabers(all empty as of today), three pegs for Vintage figures (which as of today had 2 Jawas to man them), a 2-foot wide shelf for Black Series (today's stock was Jannah, Rey/D-0, and Luke Skywalkwers)...and no GoA space (or vehicle/playset space for that matter.)

Granted, my Wal*Mart is one of the small stores that hasn't had a spot for the playsets or vehicles since the Vintage TIE fighter anyway, but dropping the "kid friendly" line that fast seems indicative that it's not doing so well. Weird, because there were only a couple Chewies and Airtroopers left after Christmas at that store.

(And I can handle all of the Star Wars absence because I saw the new Lanard "Aliens" sets and I think those are all going to come home with me eventually!)