Author Topic: TVC Tantive IV Hallway Playset  (Read 10196 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TVC Tantive IV Hallway Playset
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I might only have the room to do the enclosed hallway that she showed in the livestream.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 06:34 PM »
I might only have the room to do the enclosed hallway that she showed in the livestream.

That's the beauty of this thing. Now I'm wondering what the layout looks like for the escape pod side of the wall. I wonder if the floor plates fit on that side too.

Oh man, now I'm realizing how much I want foot pegs in the floor plates.  I don't see any. Those rad poses are less rad when you have to glue the figures in place.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:46 PM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2020, 04:14 PM »
Pretty freaking awesome. I pre-ordered 2 sets to open. Really stinks that the RFT is a straight re-pack, though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2020, 11:17 PM »
Pretty freaking awesome. I pre-ordered 2 sets to open. Really stinks that the RFT is a straight re-pack, though.

I think the only person on the site who can bitch about the RFT is Jesse.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2020, 11:30 PM »
You’d be surprised.  Lotta people think the holster should be done.  I still do but on a repack like this I’m not shocked it’s just a repack too.  It’s filler in the set and a good choice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 12:33 PM »
I hate to agree. We absolutely can use an upgrade with a holster and new head-sculpt. But, it would stink with this set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2020, 06:46 PM »
Yeah this set isn’t the place...

It’d be kinda neat to see it as like maybe the MP from Rogue One.  Perhaps has a sleeve cuff you slide up the arm.  That would be cool to me.  Ditch the hat and leg ammo thing in place of a holster, sleeve cuff, new head.  Rebrand it.

Or I’d totally be into them doing the director of Rogue One as a RFT from the films end.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2020, 04:33 PM »
Yeah this set isn’t the place...

It’d be kinda neat to see it as like maybe the MP from Rogue One.  Perhaps has a sleeve cuff you slide up the arm.  That would be cool to me.  Ditch the hat and leg ammo thing in place of a holster, sleeve cuff, new head.  Rebrand it.

Or I’d totally be into them doing the director of Rogue One as a RFT from the films end.

All or any of this. The nod to the director is a cool idea.
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2020, 08:41 AM »
I ordered a couple of these.  They look awesome!  The inclusion of a Rebel Fleet Trooper is cool.  But with it being on a Rogue One card it left me wondering why they would reissue a RFT with the most distinctive look out of all of the Rebel Troopers on the Tantive IV in A New Hope.  I'd like to see some alternate head sculpts for the RFT's.  And I think making one with Gareth Edwards' likeness would be fantastic!

And I was happy to see that Cardboard Galaxy already has plans in the works to enhance the inside passageway where Leia puts the datacard with the Death Star plans into R2-D2.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 08:59 AM »
And I was happy to see that Cardboard Galaxy already has plans in the works to enhance the inside passageway where Leia puts the datacard with the Death Star plans into R2-D2.

Yes, I am really excited by the possibilities of this set! I also envision doing a Profundity hallway (Vader vs RFTs from Rogue One) backdrop that will line up with a doorway, a bridge area, the ANH "Vader/Antilles" room, maybe a ROTS conference room? This piece is very inspiring...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2020, 02:13 PM »
Okay. That's cool.

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2020, 01:17 PM »
Hasbro pulse is now sold out on this. That seems significant. Hopefully it sends a loud message to hasbro about how much we like playsets with an amazing design.
Macklunkey!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2020, 02:00 PM »
It's more of a diorama than a playset though, no? I'm glad that's the angle they're taking. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no interest in an Emperor's throne room, with a garbage masher one level down, and playsets tend to take huge liberties in the name of play features. Focus on the environment, not the play features.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2020, 03:22 PM »
I have no interest in an Emperor's throne room, with a garbage masher one level down, and playsets tend to take huge liberties in the name of play features. Focus on the environment, not the play features.

I'm with you that some kind of generic "Death Star" playset that tries to have features from RO, ANH, and ROTJ kinda doesn't interest me as much anymore.  I'd much rather have a great $50 stand-alone RO Death Star Control Room set, a $50 ANH Garbage Masher Set, and a $50 ROTJ Throne Room set, etc.

If Hasbro wants to make them modular enough that people who want to stack them can? Fine, as long as it doesn't take away from the overall look of the piece.  I doubt I'd stack them though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 03:23 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2020, 12:12 PM »

I'm with you that some kind of generic "Death Star" playset that tries to have features from RO, ANH, and ROTJ kinda doesn't interest me as much anymore.  I'd much rather have a great $50 stand-alone RO Death Star Control Room set, a $50 ANH Garbage Masher Set, and a $50 ROTJ Throne Room set, etc.

I'd take all those! 👍