Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73778 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 05:15 PM »
I don't have the link but the SDCC exclusive Michone has been revealed and man that's an awesome figure. Comes with bloody katana, drill and a couple other 'tools of her trade'.

That's all the same gear the previous two versions have come with, actually.

BUT SHE HAS A NEW CLOAK!!!  ;D

I'm definitely down for one of these, guess I will have to pre-order someplace online. Love the new Adlard artwork.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 09:24 PM »
I don't have the link but the SDCC exclusive Michone has been revealed and man that's an awesome figure. Comes with bloody katana, drill and a couple other 'tools of her trade'.

That's all the same gear the previous two versions have come with, actually.

BUT SHE HAS A NEW CLOAK!!!  ;D

I'm definitely down for one of these, guess I will have to pre-order someplace online. Love the new Adlard artwork.

My bad heh heh, this is the first I've heard of her getting a figure done  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40 AM »
BBTS now has a listing up for a Bloody B&W Zombie 3-pack, featuring all the walkers from the newest wave:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MCF13803&mode=retail

Count me in!

The cool thing about these toys is, when they get released, you can actually walk into a store and buy them. Unlike some toy lines I know.  ::)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 02:49 PM »
If anyone sees/hears anything out of NYCC in regards to this line, can you please post here?

Things have been really dead (pun intended) for quite awhile now. They've had a long time to get that Shane wave ready too.

Seems like they would want these on shelves now with the show premier this weekend.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 07:37 PM »
If anyone sees/hears anything out of NYCC in regards to this line, can you please post here?

Things have been really dead (pun intended) for quite awhile now. They've had a long time to get that Shane wave ready too.

Seems like they would want these on shelves now with the show premier this weekend.

I believe Wave 2 should be out very, very soon. BBTS has "late October" as their shipping date. MTV Geek has a review of the wave, and it looks like a mixed bag. Rick seems like a letdown, as does the bicycle zombie. On the bright side, RV Zombie looks good, the well walker is disgusting looking, and surprisingly I like the look of Shane despite the figure being a mini-statue. Here are the reviews:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/10/05/review-mcfarlane-the-walking-dead-series-2/

Also, here's series 3 if you haven't already seen it. I think these are due out in March 2013, and they are up for pre-order at EE and BBTS. All five figures look great (I'm aware they are prototypes, but the in-hand versions can't be too crappy, right?), and it looks like they are putting more articulation and less pre-posing into the human figures. The removable arms and jaws on the pet zombies are nice inclusions.

http://www.toyark.com/news/horror-toy-news-29/walking-dead-tv-series-3-figures-photos-and-pre-order-6567/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 06:23 PM »
I managed to pick up remnants of Wave 2 yesterday, all three of the zombies, no Shane or Rick. There wasn't even a space on the shelves for them at TRU, they just threw them up next to the sports figures.

Still, I got them before EE, so that's something.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 06:55 PM »
I managed to pick up remnants of Wave 2 yesterday, all three of the zombies, no Shane or Rick. There wasn't even a space on the shelves for them at TRU, they just threw them up next to the sports figures.

I saw the Wave 2 figures at TRU yesterday. They were still in their factory shipper on one of the overhead sections, so I had to cut the tape off to take a peek. I didn't buy any since I have a set in the mail, but it was nice to see them a bit early. The figures looked way better than Wave 1, but they are still far from perfect.

McMetal, if you want a Shane and/or Rick I'll be swinging by TRU on Friday and can probably pick them up for ya. Just let me know.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 09:04 AM »
Thanks Greg, I will give it a couple of days and see how it goes. We have a nicer TRU that just opened that I am hoping will get these in this week. I asked at my local comic shop too and they indicated that the official release/ship date was 10/31, so hopefully we'll see more this week. I've never had a problem finding any of these in the past, so fingers crossed that continues to be the case.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 09:26 AM »
I managed to find a fresh case of Wave 2 last week @ TRU and scored a minty Shane and Rick. So I'm all good on that wave now.

Even better, I finally won an ebay auction for the SDCC Michonne exclusive for $30, which was a great price.

Now I'm just waiting on them to release that B&W Zombie 3-pack...should be any day now.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 03:55 PM »
I managed to find a fresh case of Wave 2 last week @ TRU and scored a minty Shane and Rick. So I'm all good on that wave now.

Even better, I finally won an ebay auction for the SDCC Michonne exclusive for $30, which was a great price.

Now I'm just waiting on them to release that B&W Zombie 3-pack...should be any day now.

Glad you were able to get those Wave 2 figures, and that's a terrific price for the Michonne. Hopefully you get decent paint apps on that figure... I saw a couple in-person at a toy show a few months back, and they looked very sloppy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Thanks Greg! Fingers crossed here on the paint apps too.

Thanks also for posting those Wave 3 pics...those look awesome. I wonder if they will do another comic-themed wave?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 12:14 PM »
Thanks also for posting those Wave 3 pics...those look awesome. I wonder if they will do another comic-themed wave?

I read some rumors about a month or so back of a second comic wave supposedly consisting of: Glen in Riot Gear, The Governor, one of Michonne's pet zombies, and the Governor's daughter... honestly I hope those rumors are false, as I would much prefer a couple of different zombies. Hopefully we will get some official news about another comic wave at Toy Fair in February.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Aw yeah, I scored the B&W Walker 3-pack tonight at TRU, but the $50 price tag was a tough pill to swallow.

Guess we won't be seeing anything else until 2013...Wave 3, Michonne/Pets B&W 3-pack, etc.

Can't wait!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34 PM »
McFarlane officially announced wave 2 of the comic line of figures, and while there are no pics (Toy Fair perhaps?) they provided lots of juicy details:

GLENN
Glenn, an original Atlanta survivor, has become crucial to the survival of Rick’s group due to his ability and agility at getting in-and-out of zombie-infested areas in order to search for food and supplies. Glenn, in full riot gear, features 28 points of articulation and is equipped with two pistols, riot shield, baton, gas can, and removable helmet with flip-up visor.

THE GOVERNOR
Zombies are not the only threat to Rick and his band of survivors, the Governor is truly the first human antagonist that the group encounters within the comic series. The Governor features 28 points of articulation and includes a kitchen knife, pistol, and alternate mutilated head & right arm.

MICHONNE’S PET ZOMBIE
It’s not until Mike, Michonne's boyfriend, is bit by a zombie that Michonne discovers the true nature of the zombie epidemic. A bite is a death sentence! Michonne quickly realizes that Zombies don’t attack other Zombies and uses Mike as camouflage and protection against the hordes of the undead awaiting her in this new world. Michonne’s Pet Zombie features 17 points of articulation and includes a neck collar & chain, tear off arms & jaw, and push in/ pull out intestines.

PENNY, THE GOVERNOR’S DAUGHTER ZOMBIE
Nothing is stronger than a father daughter bond, as we see with The Governor and his daughter Penny. Infected early on with the zombie virus, Penny has been cared for and fed by her unconditionally loving father. Penny features 12 points of articulation and includes a bucket of fresh body parts (severed leg, severed foot, severed hand, intestines, heart and Rick’s severed hand) that the Governor feeds to her. Figure also includes a fish tank with trophy heads collected by her father. One of the heads can be used as an alternate head for Michonne’s Pet Zombie Mike, allowing you to build Michonne’s 2nd pet and Mike’s best friend, Terry.

BLOODY BLACK & WHITE THE GOVERNOR
WITH ZOMBIE DAUGHTER 2-PACK
Staying true to the comic, this blood-splattered black & white version of The Governor & Daughter Zombie is the perfect addition to any The Walking Dead collection. This box set still includes all the articulation and gory accessories included with the standard figures.

All of these gruesome The Walking Dead Comic Series 2 figures will be available this June. Hopefully the rest of your toy collection isn’t too squeamish, because some of these figures have a tendency to chew on body parts.

I'm excited to see these figures. They sound really great. I was a bit skeptical when I first heard Penny and one of Michonne's pets would be included, but the above descriptions definitely put my mind at ease. Including the fish tank with Penny is AWESOME! Glenn and the Governor should also be pretty cool.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile