Author Topic: Do You Collect/Display Vehicles?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Collect/Display Vehicles?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Like Nick said above, I've also been in a debate with myself over what comes next. 

What comes next is apparently spending $300 to add another BMF I don't really have room for into my collection.  #addict #hopeless

Yeah.  When I saw that offer on Target Circle it got the wheels spinning for me, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 02:33 PM »
**** yes I collect the vehicles. And I do display them, but I'm trying to find a new solution for the fighters. The Sail barge is mounted on the wall of my office, and I want to do a similar treatment for the x-wings and TIE fighters, but I've been trying to find a good bracket that can be modified into a 'shoe' for the fighters to sit in. Obviously it won't be a one-size fits all, but I really want to end up with a wall of ships, so it's been a backburner project for about a year now.

The land vehicles tend to sit within my display case for the most part. I need to get a long shelf before I start pulling out the PT/Clone Wars vehicles. The BAT-AT just stands on the floor, looking awesome. Same with the Shuttle. Not sure where the Razor Crest is going to sit. It might just kind of live on the coffee table in my office.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 04:53 PM »
I display my vintage vehicles and have a few bigger items like the Barge or the BMF on display.  I've been thinking about hanging some from the ceiling as well to save space.  Anyone else doing this?  Would love to see some examples and any tips to prevent them from crashing to the floor.  I have an open ceiling area in the basement, so no problem finding 2x4's to attach to.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today