Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145973 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #345 on: December 5, 2003, 07:55 PM »
Arrrrrrrgh!  :'(

RARE BAPE Star Wars Carded BOBA FETT Kubrick

What a dumbass...   ::)  I'd bet my left nut that thing doesn't sell!

Dale, maybe you and Adam and I could all pitch in around $135 and buy one of the carded Lukes.  Then we could just rotate it amongst ourselves!  We could each keep it for 3 months, and then ship it off to the next person for 3 months, and on and on...  And if at any point any of the three of us decide we're ready to bite the bullet and permanently add it to our collections, we could just buy the other two guys out.  How's that sound?!   ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #346 on: December 5, 2003, 08:01 PM »
Dale, maybe you and Adam and I could all pitch in around $135 and buy one of the carded Lukes.    How's that sound?!   ;D

Now why do we need another carded Luke for?  Me thinks you mean the carded Boba Fett!   ;)  ;D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #347 on: December 5, 2003, 10:05 PM »
Arrrrrrrgh!  :'(

RARE BAPE Star Wars Carded BOBA FETT Kubrick

What a dumbass...   ::)  I'd bet my left nut that thing doesn't sell!

Dale, maybe you and Adam and I could all pitch in around $135 and buy one of the carded Lukes.  Then we could just rotate it amongst ourselves!  We could each keep it for 3 months, and then ship it off to the next person for 3 months, and on and on...  And if at any point any of the three of us decide we're ready to bite the bullet and permanently add it to our collections, we could just buy the other two guys out.  How's that sound?!   ;D

Remember what happened to Bart, Martin and Milhouse when they bought that super rare Radioactive Man #1?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #348 on: December 5, 2003, 11:20 PM »
LOL :-*  I would somehow intercept that damn thing and rip it off the card :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #349 on: December 6, 2003, 02:56 PM »
Woohoo!!!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=af441

$125 shipped...includes Indy and Chase Sandtrooper

Oh man am I happy right now!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #350 on: December 6, 2003, 03:46 PM »
Wow :o

Too late for me though, case is on the way.  

Indy......Indy.......Indy.........Indy.........Indy............Indy....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #351 on: December 6, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Dale, maybe you and Adam and I could all pitch in around $135 and buy one of the carded Lukes.    How's that sound?!   ;D

Now why do we need another carded Luke for?  Me thinks you mean the carded Boba Fett!   ;)  ;D

Uh, yeah.  Oops!  Duh...   ;)  Unless you guys want to go $400 on a carded Luke instead?   :P

Scott, that's an AWESOME deal.  Damn.  I totally want to jump on that, since there's no way in hell I'll find an individual Indy figure in the $50 range.  Ugh.  That puts me in a bit of a quandry, since I was still trying to work out another deal, but without the Indy...   :-\  I want that Indy!   :'(

What to do...  What to do...  Of course, that deal will probably be gone by the time I decide.  Either way, nice score there Scott!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #352 on: December 6, 2003, 05:27 PM »
Well now this is interesting...  I think I just figured out why Simon can't find that second Cantina Band Member.  Check this out from one of the eBay auctions:

(NOTE about Japanese and Hong Kong assortments:  This is the ONLY Cantina Band Member figure in the Japanese assortment; there is no secret version.  This is the same figure as the SECRET figure from the Hong Kong assortment.  The NORMAL Hong Kong figure is not available in Japan.  Stupid and confusing!)

Refresh my memory, but wasn't this the same case with the prior Boba Fett chase figure as well?  One of them was from Japan and one from Hong Kong?  Or something to that effect...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #353 on: December 6, 2003, 06:19 PM »
That was exactly the case with the Boba Fett chase figs. One was exclusive to Japan, the other, Hong Kong. Hopefully I can snag one before people really start catching on to whats going on with it.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #354 on: December 6, 2003, 06:28 PM »
Your memory has been refreshed. From the other Kubrick thread:

Got my five Boba Fetts that I ordered from Kid Robot today! And......... (drumroll) I got two, yes two, of the Secret "Prototype/Vintage Style" chase Bobas! :)

Damn Adam, that's awesome!   :o  I'm really starting to wonder if this Vintage version is really 1:96 as originally reported...  I did see something in this eBay auction for a Fett variant, where a seller states the ROTJ version was only available in Hong Kong (thus making it a little rarer), whereas the Vintage version was available in both Hong Kong and Japan.  No idea if he's right or not, but that's what he says there...  Of course, I see you're already familiar with this auction, eh Adam?   ;)  Looks like you're gonna have to double your bid there to snag this elusive little VHTF fella!   :'(

But if I were you Adam, I'd definitely try to trade one of your two Vintage variants for the ROTJ version for sure (assuming you're trying to keep a complete collection, which knowing you, you probably are).  And if you can't swing a trade, just sell it in the boards or on eBay for it's market value, and put that cash towards the ROTJ version (effectively the same thing, with a slight twist).  Cool deal though!  Congrats!

Hopefully Brent doesn't come swooping on in here now and tear you a new one too for being so bragadocious about your variant scores!   ;D   :-*  Good luck with that ROTJ one...

Ok, here's the dillio -

Each chase figure is packed at the same ratio (1:48), but the Return of the Jedi version is available only in the Hong Kong shipments. Not sure if the proto version is exclusive to Japan, I dont think it is. Any figure with "Tomy" on the front of the box is from Japan. Im getting the name of the Hong Kong distributor right now, and Ill confirm all this other info as well. Technically that makes Jedi Fett slightly more limited, due to the smaller market.

Ill get confirmation on all this, and some more information today! :)

All comes down to, yep, me thinks your right!

Congrats Scott. Not a bad price for them compaired to that $120. for the Indy alone. Well done.  8)

From there site it mentions:
DIMENSIONS:
NOTES: Sealed box of 12 Kubricks - Contains: 4 x Sandtrooper, 3 x Han Solo, 2 x Cantina Band Member,1 x Obi-Wan, 1 x Greedo, 1 x Tusken Raider. PLEASE NOTE: The Hidden figure - Indiana Jones may be packaged in a Han Solo Box and the hidden figure Stormtrooper may be packaged in a Sandtrooper box. Purchase 4 boxes of 12 and we will send you a sealed master case which guarantees 1 Indiana Jones figure and several stormtroopers.

I have heard before that the master case of 4 boxes does contain the Indy figure. If that is right, I'm going to be as happy as Scott is right now!  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #355 on: December 6, 2003, 11:22 PM »
Like I said elsewhere Dale, if that is the case, you have a good shot at 2 of them.  And the other stuff I said too.

Indy.....Indy.....Indy.....

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #356 on: December 6, 2003, 11:50 PM »
here's an interesting e-mail that came from brian's toys tonight, dealing with these new kubricks:

Kubrick 2" Indiana Jones Chase Figure Sealed in Box* $159.99
*Includes letter from Brian's Toys certifying the authenticity.
Kubrick 2" Indiana Jones Chase Figure Opened Box $119.99
Kubrick 2" Sandtrooper White Patch Sealed in Box* $39.99
Kubrick 2" Sandtrooper White Patch Opened Box* $29.99
*This Sandtrooper has a White Patch and a Long Gun.
Kubrick 2" Cantina Band Member Sealed in Box $9.99
Kubrick 2" Cantina Band Member Opened Box $7.99
Kubrick 2" Han Solo Sealed in Box*$9.99
Kubrick 2" Han Solo Opened Box $7.99
Kubrick 2" Sandtrooper Orange Patch Sealed in Box* $11.99
Kubrick 2" Sandtrooper Orange Patch Opened Box $9.99
*This Sandtrooper has an Orange Patch and a Short Gun.
Kubrick 2" Set of 6 Series 2 Figures ALL SEALED BOXES $99.99
Kubrick 2" Set of 6 Series 2 Figures* $89.99
*Set Includes:
-Sandtrooper Orange Patch with a short gun Open Box
-Greedo
-Tusken Raider
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Cantina Band Member Open Box
-Han Solo Open Box

now, my question here is, obviously... how can you sell a chase figure in a sealed box, yet gaurantee it's a chase figure? are they just hoping that you never open the box to check? or is there a way to tell without opening the box. now, i'll admit up front that i don't really know much about these kubricks (yet, although it appears that i have a set on the way  ;) ), and the only one i have in my possession is a loose boba fett that i got in a trade, but i was under the assumption that the chase figures came in the same box as the regular figure, and you have to open the box to find out which version you got, correct? if that is the case, how can you sell a sealed box and gaurantee that it contains a chase figure?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #357 on: December 7, 2003, 12:05 AM »
You've got it right about the sealed box.  Indy is in a Han box and the figures are sealed in plastic bags inside foil wrappers.  

Dale already asked about x-ray potential to inspect the package and that was a big negatory.  The only thing I can think of is if there is already some release of these figures in a special Indy box or something to that effect.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #358 on: December 7, 2003, 12:27 AM »
Kubrick 2" Indiana Jones Chase Figure Sealed in Box* $159.99
*Includes letter from Brian's Toys certifying the authenticity.

Now thats Priceless! "certifying the authenticity"

Now tell me how in the heck are you going to know there is an Indy in the box without opening it?

By the shape of the Indy figure, I would say you could tell you got one still sealed in the foil envelope. The hat would be the big tip off + the idol too but you have to open the box!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #359 on: December 7, 2003, 12:35 AM »
If you had a pretty accurate and precise scale I think you could weigh them...perhaps Indy weighs a few more grams ???