Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 592397 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Collectors Collections (at RS)
« Reply #1860 on: September 22, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Nice picture. I can't imagine anyone getting that bent out of shape as to harrass someone because they have more than you, but then again, some people are very small.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: September 22, 2005, 11:17 AM »
Actually the main reason I do not share pics of my collection is that it is not really displayed very well.  I need to have a room devoted to the stuff but I have so much SW junk I don't think it would display nicely regardless.  I really need to devote my money into getting a display case or two or three.  That and about a gazillion stands for loose figs.  But money is tight right now.  If I want to spend money I would rather spend it on some merchandise I don't have right now. 

That and the fact that I can't seem to ever get a picture posted on here correctly since I suck at computers :)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1862 on: September 22, 2005, 11:31 AM »
I remember getting a few nasty pm's and emails over some of the pics I posted of my Imperial Army...

You damn hoarder!  I don't have enough Stormtroopers..you need to send me half of yours right now so I can have more than you!

Damnit!
Got Clones?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1863 on: September 22, 2005, 11:38 AM »
You don't even have to post pictures, just talking about army building habits can get you hate-mail from people who want to call you a scalper or a hoarder or something.   ::)

The reason Bill listen is one of the main reasons I've held off on posting my collection room photos.  I've got some pretty sweet stuff and I don't want a lot of strangers knowing what I've got and where I've got it.  I also don't want to deal with the hassel of the "grabbers" trying to buy figures off me and such.

I've been meaning to post pictures here for quite some time, but I'm just too lazy to do it I guess...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: September 22, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Regarding collections. Does anyone know of any places that carry display cases like this?  They have these at www.giovanniplastics.com and they are really nice but pricey at $125 shipped.  Dimensions are 36" wide by 24" high.  Im looking for about 6 but dont want to drop $800.

I remember a site that sold the exact cabinet about $15 cheaper but cannot find them for the life of me.  Anyone familiar?  A GI Joe store that used to be around called 375  Toys used to have the same cabinet but they are now out of busines.  I bought one and I believe Scott here bougth one as well. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 03:39 PM by Jim (formerly Rebeltrader) »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1865 on: September 24, 2005, 03:36 PM »
We have a chain around here that will custom make any case you want.   I'm not sure where you're located, but they have tons of outlets.

http://www.tapplastics.com/
Got Clones?

Online Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
R-SA Today
« Reply #1866 on: November 7, 2005, 06:00 PM »
I hate to push the RS buttons again, but I really thought that this was worth posting.

"Jedi Council of Fans" Selects Top 5 Star Wars Moments

Philip Wise has to be the oldest looking 28 year old I've ever seen. Yikes!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: R-SA Today
« Reply #1867 on: November 7, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Well that's a powerful reason to stop collecting...

So on a serious note about the article (sorry Diddly, I know you're going for the funny here), am I the only one who finds the last comment about ROTJ to be full of ****?

5. Saving Luke's life, Vader is redeemed

Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi Chapter 43; 1 hour, 55 minutes

"It is the reason we sit through 12 hours of Star Wars," says Dave Myatt, 32, of Vancouver, B.C.

Ummm no, we didn't sit through 6 hours of Star Wars to see Luke's life saved and Vader to be redeemed. We sat through it to see the evolution of a boy into a man, to see the culmination of his destiny to forever change the galaxy. It just so happened his father was redeemed along the way. Bah, I so hate revisionism!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1868 on: November 7, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Yeah, looking at it from the perspective of someone who saw the classics first, I agree with that Jason.  Vader's redemption wasn't on my mind watching SW for quite a while.  It means something now, but didn't in 1983 and was really surprising if anything.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1869 on: November 7, 2005, 07:05 PM »
I hate to push the RS buttons again, but I really thought that this was worth posting.

"Jedi Council of Fans" Selects Top 5 Star Wars Moments

Philip Wise has to be the oldest looking 28 year old I've ever seen. Yikes!

The author is dyslexic.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1870 on: November 7, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Yeah, looking at it from the perspective of someone who saw the classics first, I agree with that Jason.  Vader's redemption wasn't on my mind watching SW for quite a while.  It means something now, but didn't in 1983 and was really surprising if anything.

It just bothers me so much when people claim that the entire Saga was about Vader, even 20 years ago. Yeah I can sorta see the point now with the PT involved, but when it was just the OT the story was Luke's and Luke's alone. Vader was the bad guy plain and simple until the very end, then yeah he had a change of heart but that wasn't the apex of the story. And really in hindsight, should the redemption of a man who murdered little children in cold blood be the selling point of any movie?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1871 on: November 8, 2005, 12:41 AM »
I do see the POV of it being about Vader and I really look at it that way too, but given my age I never looked at Vader as anything but the villain prior to prequal-mania.  So to that end the Classic Trilogy still has a focal point around Luke over Anakin to me, and Vader becomes secondary through most of the story.

The prequals are cool but my interpretation of the series definitely breaks the "focus" between Luke and Vader, not just Vader being what it's all about...  He's merely 50% in my book.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1872 on: November 8, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Myatt's quote is pretty terrible.  It makes it sound as if we were forced to suffer through half a day of tedium in order to experience this big pay-off.  First of all, nobody that was born prior to May 2005 even had the capability to sit through 12 hours of Star Wars for this big pay-off.  I sat through six hours to get to Vader's redemption.  I'm sure everyone else here did, too.  So the quote is inaccurate.

But mostly it just diminishes the whole Saga.  We don't just sit through it, we delve into it.  We savor it.  We go back to it over and over and over again.  We watch the movies to watch the movies, not just to get to the end.

Dave must have been trying to sound clever, and it came off poorly.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #1873 on: November 8, 2005, 01:47 PM »

It just bothers me so much when people claim that the entire Saga was about Vader, even 20 years ago. Yeah I can sorta see the point now with the PT involved, but when it was just the OT the story was Luke's and Luke's alone. Vader was the bad guy plain and simple until the very end, then yeah he had a change of heart but that wasn't the apex of the story. And really in hindsight, should the redemption of a man who murdered little children in cold blood be the selling point of any movie?

That's a good point. How is this different from the serial killer who repents on the way to the electric chair?

I agree with most of you about the trilogy not originally being about Vader. Anyone who tells you that they knew in 1983 that the Saga would be about Vader is BS-ing and just trying to look smart. I see the OT as the growing up of Luke and him realizing his destiny, not the death of the villian. While the PT has tried to change the entire Saga to the story of Vader, the OT is definitely Luke's tale.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 8, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Vader was the bad guy plain and simple until the very end, then yeah he had a change of heart but that wasn't the apex of the story. And really in hindsight, should the redemption of a man who murdered little children in cold blood be the selling point of any movie?
Not necessarily, but the fact that people CAN be redeemed by their acts and the forgivness of others is an important part of most religions and cultures.  It is the crux of Christianity -- repenting and asking for forgiveness of sins.

I agree with most of you about the trilogy not originally being about Vader. Anyone who tells you that they knew in 1983 that the Saga would be about Vader is BS-ing and just trying to look smart. I see the OT as the growing up of Luke and him realizing his destiny, not the death of the villian. While the PT has tried to change the entire Saga to the story of Vader, the OT is definitely Luke's tale.

I believe that the Saga is about Anakin/Vader, though it is not something I knew before the PT, except as hinted at by GL.  I, too, see it as a coming of age story about Luke, though Vader's sacrifice at the end of ROTJ was very moving to me.  I see the OT as Luke's PART of the tale (I just wish Leia would have had more involvement with Vaderkin's redemption.)

« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 02:58 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(