Author Topic: Kill Bill Vol2  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Kill Bill Vol2
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2004, 09:38 AM »
One word of advice, one use of "pubic regions" might be enough :-*

SilverZ

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Ok, this is interesting, even if insulting to us customers, but Digital Bits posted this quote:

"This is the beauty of having two volumes," said Rick Sands, chief operating officer at Miramax. "Vol. 1 goes out, Vol. 2 goes out, then Vol. 1 Special Edition, Vol. 2 Special Edition, the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set out for Christmas. It's called multiple bites at the apple. And you multiply this internationally." Mr. Tarantino has also cut an alternate version of the movie for Japan.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2004, 01:24 PM »
Son of a!  They're taking advantage of us!!!  Damn them, sort of the way the LOTR DVD's are handled, I know I'll buy a 16 disc mega set a few years from now even though I own both the Theatrical and the EE

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2004, 02:48 PM »
I just can't believe he said that to a reporter.  How stupid can you be.  Well, thanks for the heads up, buddy.  I was only planning on buying the special editions anyway.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2004, 12:37 PM »
So, I finally caught this the other night, and really, really enjoyed it.  Liked it better than the first--which, unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see until the DVD came out (missed it in theatres last fall).  And I think I would have liked the first a lot better if I saw it in theatres--it just seems like it's one of those movies that loses something at home.

So, I'm hoping that both of them will be re-mixed and re-released theatrically, maybe later this fall.  

And, how fun was Gordon Liu to watch as the ancient martial arts instructor, "Pai Mei"?  That sequence was my favorite of the whole film, and I'm embarrassingly unfamiliar with any kind of Hong Kong/kung fu movies.  I've spent a few minutes on Google, and only found one picture of this guy in character, and even that didn't work.  Needless to say, they need to release an action figure of this guy.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2004, 06:48 PM »
So, I'm hoping that both of them will be re-mixed and re-released theatrically, maybe later this fall.  

apparently, quentin has this same exact plan. but to put an interesting twist on it, he's going to be editing the japanese versions - both of which are different from the u.s. versions - together as one nc-17 rated four hour flick. i, for one, can't wait.

i was able to acquire a copy of the japanese version of kb1 with the added scenes and full color house of blue leaves scene.  after watching it - three times so  far - i am salivating to see this version on the big screen.

And, how fun was Gordon Liu to watch as the ancient martial arts instructor, "Pai Mei"?  That sequence was my favorite of the whole film, and I'm embarrassingly unfamiliar with any kind of Hong Kong/kung fu movies.  I've spent a few minutes on Google, and only found one picture of this guy in character, and even that didn't work.  Needless to say, they need to release an action figure of this guy.

that is the best scene in the movie imo, especially when the camera zooms in to his face in that extreme close up. that, and the sound fx everytime he swooshed his beard. classic. an excellent homage to the movies i grew up watching on saturday afternoon, with the bad english dubbing and worse "special" effects.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2004, 08:06 PM »
I too missed volume one in the theatres, but watched the DVD this Monday and checked out volume two last night, and the thought of a remixed NC 17 version coming out this fall sounds incredible! I can't believe anyone watched volume one and didn't enjoy it (that's a Tarantino fan anyway). I thought it was easily the best movie I've seen in the last year, and now adding the storyline from volume two with it, this is easily one of my all time favorites.
I'm with Virex (and many others) in saying the scenes with Pai Mei were worth the price of admission alone. I'm begging for a figure to be made of him now!

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2004, 09:52 PM »
gonna see this tonight

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Missed volume I in theaters also, but did manage to borrow a friend's bootleg copy and saw it about a month before it actually hit the store shelves.  

We went and saw volume II and loved it.  Better than I (which was also good).  Great stuff.  Pai Mei training and the fight with Elle were the best (spoiler - does she now wear two eye patches?   ;))  I also enjoyed Bill's comic book dialogue.  

I didn't buy the dvd because I'm waiting for the special edition.  Now it seems that there may be multiple versions?  Definitely have to keep up to to speed with what's coming out.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2004, 09:52 PM »
I saw this flick today.  Loved it.

That is such BS that they're going to release that many versions on DVD. Well, look at Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction--those movies have a bunch of different editions for each. As long as they don't make any changes to anything, I won't buy.

It does suck that they just don't release a Special Edition in the first place, but what can ya do. >:(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2004, 10:20 PM »
That is such BS that they're going to release that many versions on DVD. Well, look at Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction--those movies have a bunch of different editions for each.

Not counting the "different cover for each guy" shenanigans with the Reservoir Dogs: Special Edition disc--both RD and Pulp Fiction have had two American releases each.  RD had the original, featureless disc in '97, and the 2-disc SE in '02; PF came out as a piece of crap disc in '97 or '98, and then the nice SE in '02, as well.  For movies that popular, two releases, five years apart ain't that bad.  Compare that to something like Spider-Man or Men In Black--films which have three or four different versions released within a span of two or three years. . .

Now, the Kill Bill 1/2 situation is different--I mean, the whole reason there are two films to begin with is because the Miramax execs saw dollar signs when they realized they could make a lot more money with a couple of hour-and-a-half Tarantino flicks instead of one three-hour epic.  And of course they realized that not only could they sell twice as many tickets, but at least twice as many DVDs, as well, if not many more.

It's just the way it works now.  Doesn't mean it sucks any less, though.  I just hope that whatever other editions are in the works, are set to come out at the same time as the regular Volume 2 later this fall. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2004, 02:28 AM »
I thought Pulp Fiction had a bunch more releases than that.
Wrong. Must be getting my wires crossed somewhere.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2004, 04:01 PM »
Um...

Yeah.  Just a bit late to the party, but I finally got around to seeing Vol2 last night.

Very good.

I liked it more than the first, but I agree with those of you who said the first one is better because of the second.  It really should have been 1 movie... dang studios!

Anyway, I'll probably end up picking up both Vol1 and Vol2 on DVD now that I know I like both parts.  ;)

Jeff

"I was wondering, just 'tween us girls, what did you say to Pai Mei for him to snatch out your eye? "
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2004, 12:04 AM »
2 Kids + Me Traveling a Lot + Not Much Free Time = Me and the Mrs Watching Volume 2 tonight for the first time ever

I can honestly say I liked Volume 1 better, not that I don't mind and didn't think Vol 2 was great because it was, I just didn't care for the over use of dialogue and drawn out ending that is the trademark of Tarantino...that has alaways been my biggest beef with his movies and this one was no different. 

Great story, great images and characters, loved the whole thing and I bow down to the mind that is Tarantino he just needs some work in ending his movies 20 minutes earlier than what they do

Revenge

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Where can I learn to do the five point exploding heart online?