Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353336 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #555 on: November 21, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Yes, thanks for the tip!  I bought all of them except for the 3PO/Chewie set.  With my recent find of the Geonosis 10 pack, I'm all caught up with these little buggers.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #556 on: November 26, 2006, 09:23 AM »
I am very impressed witht he new 2-packs. I love the little Hammerhead. I can't wait for that one and very surprised to see Durge.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 26, 2006, 05:26 PM »
I am very impressed witht he new 2-packs. I love the little Hammerhead.

He looks great!  Gotta have it!

I love this line, but with no end in sight, I may begin to focus on OT and pass on the CW ones.  Maybe.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:29 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 27, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Its great to see some pics of some of the new GH on the way.  I'm really glad they are putting out a Hammerhead, he was always my favorite of the "background" aliens.  The Clone Wars ones are pretty nice too.  I always went into these planning to only collect the Original Trilogy ones, but drifted off a little bit and have a few of the ROTS offerings as well (and the Obi-Wan/Maul 2 pack).  I'll probably pick up these Clone Wars ones, but I might try to focus back on just the OT ones.  It seems like Hasbro might finally realize how popular this line is, so we might have quite a few on the way - and space is at a premium :).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 27, 2006, 10:29 AM »
- and space is at a premium :).

That's the great thing about these little buggers - you can fit a lot of them on a shelf!

But seriously, I'll keep supporting this line as long as the Big H continues to invest in it with new tooling and the occassional repaint.  From the looks of things, I'm very happy with their tooing investment.  The last few waves have been great.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 3, 2006, 12:28 AM »
I just like the look of em, they've got that cool Anime/SD look to them. I managed to snag the Wedge/TIE pilot set the other day, and now i'm kicking myself for passing on the X-Wing vehicle when i saw it last year :-[

Now if they do an R5 like they did R2, I'd have Wedge and his droid, (Mynock or Gate, depending on which book you read ;D)

Anyone know if more vehicles are in the pipeline for these guys? They did the X-Wing, Falcon, speederbikes, the Naboo Fighter, tauntauns, that Xwing racer thing and the landspeeder, but did they do any Imperial vehicles? Am i nuts thinking that a shuttle for these guys would be both awesome and insane? ;D Or even a CW "Space Whale" gunship, complete with ARCs

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 4, 2006, 11:36 AM »
No vehicles planned, but I could see them re-release some of the ones you mentioned as the prices continue to climb on the secondary market. 

The new 10 packs are nice too, despite the fact that 95% of them are repacks.

Great value too - 10 figs for $20.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #562 on: December 5, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Nioe to see the Maul and Sith Speeder Rumors pan out as well.

I like the little speeder, I hope they keep trying to work more of them into the line somehow...

- Endor Leia and Speeder Bike
- Paploo and Speeder Bike
- Ep2 Clone (Yellow) and Speeder Bike
- BARC and BARC Speeder
- Battle Droid and STAP
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 5, 2006, 01:29 PM »
You know the new 10 packs would have been a great opportunity for Hasbro to re-release some of the older sets/beasts a lot of us are missing. 

A Hoth set would've been neat:

Wampa
TaunTaun
Luke Hoth
Han Hoth
Rebel Trooper
Snow Trooper
Chewie (with snow)
Vader (with snow)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 7, 2006, 11:11 AM »
For those that missed out like me on all four sets from the latest wave.  Click here.  Then go to the proceeding pages for all of the latest wave that is "in stock" now.

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 10, 2006, 12:47 PM »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 04:45 AM by jkno »

Offline jaderose75

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2006, 01:32 PM »
OK, we bought my son some galactic heroes last year 'cause we thought they were cute and this year he wants more. We have been getting him different things, but on some auction sites they have an x-wing and millennium falcon. Are these new or are people selling stuff they bought before? My hubbie and I have been looking at all the stores and haven't seen any vehicles at all. We found and bought all the cinema scenes which I had also seen on those sites, but no vehicles. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm not a collector (yet), just trying to get my son a Christmas present. Thanks for anyone who can give me an answer!

Offline jaderose75

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Oh, yeah. We've checked Walmart, Target, Toys r Us, and Shopko... Are there any other places we should check? We're in Oregon. Any info would help!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2006, 01:51 PM »
There are not any ships available at retail currently. They must be re-sells. They have been a fairly popular aftermarket item- if I remember right retail on the x wing was 20 and falcon was 30, but they fetch more than that now. They will most likely be re-released in 07 due to the lines success, but that won't help with the christmas shopping. Good luck!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2006, 01:52 PM »
The vehicles came out early in the line when i believe they were still under the Playskool brand. Chances are you won't find them in stores anymore. They did release a smaller EU vehicle with a X-wing Luke. I saw that recently at a KB toys.

Hope that helps.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"