Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144975 times)

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures
« Reply #525 on: October 28, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Does anyone know for sure what the breakdown of a case from CS is? How many VR, R, UC & C you get?

Ray, each individual booster pack of 7 minis is comprised of the following:

1 Rare or Very Rare
2 Uncommons
4 Commons

If you get a sealed case of 12 boosters, there should be 4 VRs and 8 Rares in there.  Looking forward to hearing your pulls...  Good luck!

Thanks, I just got my case today!  ;D Gonna crack that sucker open in a minute.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 29, 2005, 12:43 AM »
My bro connection"zachmoe" may have some good extras of clone strike so contact him when your hunting for what you need, BOBA

Matt, Do you want the cards with the figs when we trade up? since I know you don't play- if you do, I'll dig 'em up
Did you find anything for Z for the Ackbar? I think I have 3 of those here.( can't believe itsa VR)

Additionally..FA(anyones')I, my brother and I were on the phone the other day and were seriously doubting the possibility of Luke Skywalker being a very rare-well, I'm thinking a rare would be more accurrate. I just can't believe what folks want to bid for this on ebay-
I know I pulled 3 and my bro pulled 2 of him.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #527 on: October 29, 2005, 06:57 AM »
Matt, Do you want the cards with the figs when we trade up? since I know you don't play- if you do, I'll dig 'em up

Yep, definitely.  Play, or not, still gotta have the cards.  I've got some stuff saved up for Zach, with some more of his needs currently inbound from some trades I made this past week.  I'll get in touch with you guys early next week and we'll figure things out.  Definitely still need an Ackbar, along with Lando and Chewie from UH too.  Only other ones are Katarn and Tsavang Lah, but I haven't heard of any extras of those floating around here yet...

Any of you gamers have the repaint promos from the official monthly league tournaments?  Looking for several of those still as well...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 29, 2005, 11:54 AM »

Yep, definitely.  Play, or not, still gotta have the cards.  I've got some stuff saved up for Zach, with some more of his needs currently inbound from some trades I made this past week.  I'll get in touch with you guys early next week and we'll figure things out.  Definitely still need an Ackbar, along with Lando and Chewie from UH too.  Only other ones are Katarn and Tsavang Lah, but I haven't heard of any extras of those floating around here yet...

Any of you gamers have the repaint promos from the official monthly league tournaments?  Looking for several of those still as well...

We only got the 1st retailer kit in, and it didn`t have any figs.
Just some tiles and the shock wave layover thingy-ma-bob. I tried emailing
WOTC, but nothing back yet.

Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #529 on: November 8, 2005, 04:09 AM »
After a ton more trades last week, and some help from JesseVader, Slothus, and zachmoe today, I'm down to needing just one last Universe mini to complete my set: Warmaster Tsavong Lah.

So give me a holler if anyone has an extra lyin' around, and I'll let you know what I've got to potentially swap for it!

Still need a couple more of those promo repaints too...

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 12, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Just received my second (and last) case of Clone Strike. Obviously the major highlight was when I was opening up the last booster of the case and pulled a Maul ;D! Only need 10 more to complete the set.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 13, 2005, 10:04 AM »
Just received my second (and last) case of Clone Strike. Obviously the major highlight was when I was opening up the last booster of the case and pulled a Maul ;D! Only need 10 more to complete the set.
Nice! After my 2 cases, I still didn`t have a Maul. I had to trade for him, all the
way from Australia! I think I traded a Yoda or Mace for him.
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #532 on: November 16, 2005, 07:12 AM »
Yeah, nice pull on that Maul there, Ray!  Those things go for a good $50-60 these days, so it's a good thing you got that one out of the way.  Hopefully you pulled an Aurra Sing somewhere along the lines too, since she's the second hottest mini in that set...

So I just secured a trade for the Tsavong Lah that I needed to finish my Universe set off (without buying a single booster from that set).  So that gets me totally complete on all four sets now, though there's still a couple promo repaints that I need to pick up.

As an added bonus, my AT-AT showed up today as well!  I haven't gotten around to opening it up yet, but it sure looks cool so far.  I just pray that WOTC pumps out some more larger scaled vehicles as well, 'cause I love these things, especially when they're to scale like this.  8)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 18, 2005, 04:48 PM »
For any of you that play the game - The darktrooper phase III of the universe collection is an awesome piece- super huge firepower-I recently turned the tide of a huge battle with 6 of these- I think I knocked off 2 huges and 21 other characters in 2 rounds while losing only one! Found out that a good weakness is the  Jawas from an earlier collection(if you mix your mini collections on the battlefield). The Jawas have a +advantage(restraining boot) over droids so, naturally they can hit the Darktroopers for 40 damage each if they can hit. Unfortunately they're attack is low. A good strategy would be to combine fire to get hits using Jawas. Fortunately, I recognized this early in a recent game and quickly vaporized the 8 jawas with missile attacks before they had a chance to do ANY damage.

Love the game-lottsa strategy and thinking involved-sure, like other games you can get lucky with die rolls but with out a good strategic plan you'll lose more often than not.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 20, 2005, 01:01 PM »
We had game day yesterday (mostly to check out the AT-AT).
Sadly, we didn`t use the AT-AT yet, as none of us were sure exactly
how to use it.

A few more pics here: www.imatoygeek.com
Adam

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 25, 2005, 10:35 PM »
I had a bit of surprise today - I received a shipping notice from Amazon.ca that my AT-AT has shipped!  I totally forgot about it after they told me it was supposed to be delayed until January - I was planning on just cancelling it.

But now that it's actually coming, I can't wait to see it! 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 25, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Amazon.ca has these?  Hmm.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 26, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Amazon.ca has these?  Hmm.

Surprising, I know.  I never would have expected them to pick up an item like this.

It's $44.87CDN with free shipping, so a tad over $50CDN with tax.  I doubt we'd be able to get one from the US for that price, after you factor in exchange, shipping and duty.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 09:42 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 26, 2005, 03:41 PM »
I agree, not likely we could pull that.  I've seen some on ebay ending around $30 US or maybe even a little less.  But add on shipping and possibly customs fees and you can't match that.  Thanks again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 27, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Anyone have an AT-ST they want to part with?  I've wasted money on two boosters and got shite.  Just curious because I don't want to start the whole line up, just want select things out of the stuff.  How's that last statement for vague? ::)