Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93793 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Damn. Just, damn.

Bidding must have gotten fierce today. I checked it again last night and it was sitting at $46 and change.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Whee! Johnny Lightning series three and four!

Series 3 and 4 are still being determined but will most likely feature the items listed below...

Series 3 "Uncharted Territories" will be summer/fall this year and feature more realistic "clear" nacelles and includes...

Enterprise(tm) 1701-D from Star Trek(tm): The Next Generation (With detachable saucer section!)

Borg Cube from Star Trek(tm): The Next Generation (With connectors so that you can connect multiple cubes! Collect 27 to make a GIANT Cube!)

U.S.S. Voyager(tm) from Voyager(tm) with movable nacelles

Romulan Bird of Prey "cloaked" from The Original Series

"Future Enterprise(tm)" 1701-D as modified by Admiral Riker in Star Trek(tm): The Next Generation episode "All Good Things..."

U.S.S. Constellation from The Original Series

Series 4 "The Neutral Zone"

U.S.S. Enterprise(tm) 1701 cloaked from The Original Series (As seen in episode 59, "The Enterprise Incident.")

Borg Cube with removable Sphere from Star Trek(tm): First Contact

U.S.S. Enterprise(tm) 1701-D with battle damage from Star Trek: Generations

U.S.S. Voyager(tm) with landing gear from Voyager(tm)
Copernicus Shuttlecraft with atmospheric reentry damage

Klingon(tm) D7 Battlecruiser with battle damage

--------------------------------
Pics of series 2 here!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2005, 09:36 AM »
Damn those are going to be nice.  8)

Just noticed what the "White Lightning" chase are.

Series 1.
There will be "White Lightning" chase ships, that will be randomly inserted in cases which consumers will definitely "know one when they see one." This series includes a sticker "badge" premium that corresponds to each ship.

Series 2.
The "White Lightning" chase ships will be a little harder to spot in this wave, but you'll see it if you look carefully. This series includes a real cloth patch premium with each ship.

I'm still waiting on a reply from Newforce on my order. They have not changed the shipping cost in my order. Now the site says "Sorry, we are currently sold out of Johnny Lightning set of 6 Ships". Had some great communication with them awhile back and now they dropped of the face of the earth!  :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Yay! DS9 figures are coming from Art Asylum!

Though it's pretty lame they went with the 'Trials and Tribble-ations' variants first. Guess they had those molds for the TOS uniforms readily available.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 7, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Yay! DS9 figures are coming from Art Asylum!

Though it's pretty lame they went with the 'Trials and Tribble-ations' variants first. Guess they had those molds for the TOS uniforms readily available.

You're right about this wave being lame - when AA has to resort to Playmates type tactics to keep the line afloat, isn't it time to pull the plug?

Did anyone else notice that in the pics with the Borg figures there's a pic of the un-released borgified Ferengi? Doesn't look that bad. I wouldn't mind if they made this figure to complete the collection of four.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2005, 12:36 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 8, 2005, 01:50 AM »
I doubt I'm going to buy them. Since AA teamed with DST to distribute these, I'm sure the price will be around $15 each, like the Buffy/Angel figures.

At that price, and so many variants, I have to be choosy with the Buffy line. Star Trek won't get any of my money at that price, because I can get the Playmates stuff for cheaper than that, and I have a lot more of them. I just like the old Playmates line better, I guess.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 2, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I found TOS wave 3 at Suncoast this weekend. I only bought Vina, Kor, and the Gorn, since I have the con exclusive Kirk and tend to loathe battle-damaged figures that are $13.

I think I might end up buying those Trials and Tribble-ations figures, but they're all exclusives to different chain stores. But since Enterprise is ending and there's no new movie, I'm going to need a Trek fix.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Seems the White Lighting has shown up at Wally according to my friend last night. $4.99. not bad but there was only one ship. Must keep an eye out for these.   8)

The local coin shop has them, $9.99 for the first series and $4.99 for the second series. This is the place were I got my Unleashed Stormtrooper and there carring more figures and ships.

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2005, 03:43 AM »
I finally found the series II JL ships last night at Hobby Lobby. The refit Enterprise is just so purdy!  ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2005, 04:25 AM »
Hobby Lobby, eh? Sounds good since no one goes there and I have two around me. All I want is the refit Enterprise and maybe the cloaked Klingon battle cruiser.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 8, 2005, 01:26 AM »
Found a few of the ships at Wally, seems to be a mixture of series one and two. I'll take whatever they have.  ;D

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2005, 01:00 PM »
Interesting find:

Thus far I haven't collected ST figures -- I have my hands more than full with SW -- but yesterday at a thrift store I found a Commander Kruge for 25 cents! The scale is about 4" and the copyright on the foot is 1993. He's in very good condition too.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 5, 2006, 01:46 AM »
That's the last subset I need for the Playmates line- the Classic Movie line. They just seem to go for a tidy sum on ebay, whenever they pop up.

In other news, new JL stuff!

TNI linky!

I can't wait to get my hands on that refit D and Voyager. I missed those two vehicles when Galoob did them in their Micro Machines line and when Playmates did their versions. I've been waiting a good long while for a Voyager on my desk.

Oh, BTW, Spike is supposed to get Voyager reruns this year. Rejoice, ye fans on bottom-of-the-barrel Trek! It comes at the cost of TNG going to G4 (which I don't have) though I think Spike is still able to air TNG just not during the times that G4 plays it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2006, 12:39 AM »
TNG figures.

Finally. Some modern TNG figures.

I'm thinking Picard's nose looks a little wonky, but I think that's just the angle.
I dig the different Trois too. The first ones I get of Riker, Worf, and Troi will be the Nemesis uniforms, but I'll gamble those will be exclusives while the TV series uniforms will be the regular releases.

Great, great stuff. With all the neat **** I've seen from Toy Fair this year, I'm going to have to start eating ramen noodles for every meal.  ;)

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2006, 04:37 AM »
I've heard reports that JL Wave 3 is starting to show up in stores now. And the Enterprise-E is finally out as well. The next ship will be the original Enterprise. There will also be Kirk and Pike with their own Captain's chairs.