Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416007 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3135 on: April 2, 2008, 12:08 PM »
It was indeed an April Fools joke. Too bad i would like  Speedball and Lockjaw figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3136 on: April 2, 2008, 12:46 PM »
It was indeed an April Fools joke. Too bad i would like  Speedball and Lockjaw figures.

We should all be happy that it wasn't a line of stuff that would have gone over well. This was a crappy line of stuff that not a lot of people wanted.

As for Lockjaw...he looks like a Bulldog with some variantions. Find someone that is good with doing customs and you can use a Mr. Beefy from the Little Nicky line as the dog base to start with.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3137 on: April 2, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Our local Target finally put up their Iron Man display today, with a peg each of Mark 3, Mark 2, Snap on Armor and the exclusive Silver Centurion repaint.  I picked up the repaint, since I missed the Legends version of SC.  They also had the SHS and role play stuff, and it was all contained on an endcap (nothing in the regular aisle).  I have to say, unless there is a bigger push coming later - it seems to be a much more restrained approach than Spider-Man.  If they keep this assortment and numbers, I could see this being a pretty good line for them.  There isn't an overwhelming amount of Iron Men, and the character/suit allows there to be "different" versions more so than a character like Spidey.  If they keep this approach, maybe stores won't still have these around in a year or two :).

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3138 on: April 2, 2008, 07:05 PM »
How much are they? I plan on getting M2, M3 & Monger. Maybe M1.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3139 on: April 2, 2008, 10:45 PM »
How much are they? I plan on getting M2, M3 & Monger. Maybe M1.

Target has them for $10 a pop, which feels a little high to me.  I'm either getting them via trade or waiting for a $7.99 sale, which I'm sure is in the works.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3140 on: April 3, 2008, 01:55 AM »
Iron man figures showed up at Wally today.  Nothing I wanted or needed, but they didn't look too bad either.  Same store also had the 6" Spiderman movie figures.  And the Brood BAF of ML.  Yay.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3141 on: April 5, 2008, 11:26 AM »
10 bucks damn. Almost as bad the Halo figures.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3142 on: April 5, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I started buying up the Iron Man figures.  Iron Man had always been a favorite of mine, from the comic series through the animated series, the original Iron Man Toy Biz line and onto Marvel Legends.  The figures are actually pretty cool so far.  I managed to get both exclusives.  Not sure if I'll buy everything, but so far the 6" figures have been pretty cool.  Although I think the Iron Monger should probably be larger.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3143 on: April 6, 2008, 03:15 PM »
The Venom Mighty Mugg looks pretty cool, might pick it up.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3144 on: April 6, 2008, 09:54 PM »
I started buying up the Iron Man figures.  Iron Man had always been a favorite of mine, from the comic series through the animated series, the original Iron Man Toy Biz line and onto Marvel Legends.  The figures are actually pretty cool so far.  I managed to get both exclusives.  Not sure if I'll buy everything, but so far the 6" figures have been pretty cool.  Although I think the Iron Monger should probably be larger.

I picked up the Target Silver Centurian with a coupon I had and am really liking this line.  I'll probably get the Mark II and Mark III at some point and the WM Exclusive War Machine as well.  Not as interested in the bad guys or the Mark I, but maybe I'll change my mind after seeing the movie.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3145 on: April 7, 2008, 08:40 AM »
I have been looking for the Walmart War Machine but as always my walmart sucks, and they dont have any iron Man figures. I passed on Mark I and now decided that i want it but cant seem to find it.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3146 on: April 7, 2008, 09:30 AM »
If you still need a Wal Mart version give me a shout.  I have an extra one that I can send you.

John

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3147 on: April 7, 2008, 01:50 PM »
If you still need a Wal Mart version give me a shout.  I have an extra one that I can send you.

John

AAAAAAHHHHHH!  How was that?   ;) PM Sent!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3148 on: April 7, 2008, 02:48 PM »
It looks like Marvel Select will be the first to offer a version of the "new" Captain America - for those interested.

I was just thinking about it again today....not that I need more stuff to spend money on right now, but there sure has been a lull in Marvel Legends.  I'm not sure when Wave 4 will show up, but I think the last time I found "new" Legends figures was the F4 and Spidey movie ways before Christmas last year.  Quite a break.  Although, I guess Hasbro has its hands full with Star Wars, Indy, Joe, Iron Man movie, Hulk movie, Transformers, etc.  Lots of movie pushes for them the next couple years too, with Indy, Iron Man, Hulk, and Clone Wars this year...and next year Transformers 2 and G.I. Joe.  Anyways, it doesn't seem like the Legends line is a real big priority right now - but maybe we'll just get hammered with a bunch all of a sudden like they do with Star Wars.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 04:05 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3149 on: April 14, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Some interesting news at The Fwoosh forums, with CornerStoreComics posting that HML 4 as well as Icons 5 and 6 have been officially cancelled by Hasbro.  More detail at the link above

It's been bandied about (and some legitimate info has slowly trickled in through distributors and those who buy their Hasbro through distributors) that HML 4 & Icons 5 and 6 have been cancelled.

Well now it's official. Hasbro has stated that their marketing department has decided NOT to move forward on either of these lines as they were previously solicited. Not TOO cryptic, eh?

NO details were offered with regard to the FUTURE of these waves (or the line as a whole), so let's not panic just yet...

To clarify:

THEY DID NOT SAY ANYTHING SPECIFIC ABOUT EITHER OF THE LINES BEING CANCELLED IN THEIR ENTIRETY. [MOD EDIT: bolded for clarity:) ] They very carefully chose their words to target "these waves as they were originally offered" (summarized) rather than the lines as onging entities.

We've seen info like this before with the Legends line (specifically once Hasbro took over it seems), so its tough to know what to make of this.  It does seem like its taking forever for Wave 4 to hit though.  It sort of sounds like they might not be "as originally solicited", so maybe they'll just be integrated into the 2 pack line or something.  I guess I'd be ok if the Legends line came to an end.  There's more I'd like to get (Spidey supporting cast in particular), but it would be a way to save money for that BMF Falcon :).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:42 PM by Brian »