Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 258319 times)

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #540 on: September 29, 2005, 01:26 PM »
I'm severely dissapointed that Hasbro is trying to repush all their pegwarmers back on us again instead of giving us multi's of the new product :(

Totally agree! I don't see the rest of this wave being terribly hard to find as of now so I'm not sweating it too much.  I do hope though that they don't short change these cases and push more of the cases with the repacks in it. Thus making 60, 61, 62 and 63 a pain to find.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 30, 2005, 02:13 AM »
Found at 1 Walmart near me 26 cases of AOOL and AOOK. One has 1 of Bly and Gree and Wookie and Nemodian; the other has 1 of Bly Gree and Wookie Commando.  Rest are repacks. Case AOOQ is 12 Vaders.
The other Walmart had 7 cases of AOOL and AOOK. Each store had 4 cases of AOOQ. 

Anyway picked up 5 sets of Bly and Gree for local collectors. They'll be easy to find. Now for the 501st and R4!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ranat

• Youngling
  • Giggity Giggity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 30, 2005, 03:10 AM »
I don't really know if this is considered a ROTS purchase, but I swallowed my pride and bought the Holiday Vader.  :-[
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 30, 2005, 11:59 AM »
picked up 2 sets of bly, gree, wookie and frog commando

SilverZ

« Reply #544 on: September 30, 2005, 12:21 PM »
And I take it that the Collection 2 "find" that GH posted a few days ago is looking like BS more and more? Has anyone actually found these?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 30, 2005, 12:54 PM »
I dunno it could have been a back store hook-up so it may be legit. I just wish Target would release street dates so I can know when the last times I go their store this year is(for the exclusives only)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #546 on: September 30, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Scored a Gree at Target this morning. Noticed the price went up to $5.89 after it being $5.24 for a while, but hey, what can ya do? It's still better than paying $7 each like in the TPM days.  :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 30, 2005, 01:18 PM »
I got Gree, Bly, Wookiee, Neimo and body guard this morning. What's the highest number confirmed found?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 30, 2005, 04:29 PM »
I honestly think that the 501st "find" over at GH was a hoax.  The photo looks like it's been doctored all to hell, there is no receipt for proof, and we are supposed to believe that the 501st was the only figure from that assortment hanging around at all.  If it is legit, I'll retract my doubts, but with nobody else seeing these at all, I call shenanigans.

The local Target apparently got one case of the 57-63 wave this morning.  Another local guy got the Bly, Gree, Miin, and Passel a few hours before I found the Guard, Neimoidian, and Wookiee (aka "Pegwarmer Redux") this afternoon; all the other figures from the case (2 Vaders, 1 R2, 1 AT-RT Driver, and 1 Pilot Obi-Wan) were still hanging around as well.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 30, 2005, 06:39 PM »
I have no idea why they would send more Vaders out with a solid case of them shipping.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2005, 08:14 PM »
It seems that locally, we'll never see the Tarkin, Antilles, or AT-RT Driver waves again. There's too much other crap.

Last night I found a bunch of early (April 2nd) figures at a local WM, and I don't think they can sell through them.

Of course, I thought that about these figures months ago, and haven't seen them for a long time. It was good to see a 3PO and blue Guard on the pegs again.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2005, 08:34 PM »
Today I hit a local Walmart while on my way to see the movie "Serenity" again and I managed to pick up a Gree, Bly, Wookie Commando, and that silver Neimoidian Commander.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #552 on: October 1, 2005, 02:03 AM »
The solid cases of Vader is a disaster waiting to happen.  He's popular, for sure, but I don't think shipping him 12 to a case along side cases he's 2 or 3 in is necessary.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 1, 2005, 02:05 AM »
The solid cases of Vader is a disaster waiting to happen.  He's popular, for sure, but I don't think shipping him 12 to a case along side cases he's 2 or 3 in is necessary.

Solid cases, huh? Shouldn't they have done that during the movie's summer and not at its end....

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 1, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Solid cases, huh? Shouldn't they have done that during the movie's summer and not at its end....

No kidding.  I hear they're going to ship solid cases of Darth Maul for Christmas...  ::)

The local WMs did their "Toyland" reset (which was more of a stocking than a reset) over the course of the last two days.  One WM got six of those "long cases" in addition to a case of the Obi-Wan Pilot wave, sans Sentry, to shove onto the pegs in front of the Neimoidians and Clone Pilots.  Out of 72 figures in the long cases, there was one Shocktrooper (which is now on its way to Jim), and no Shocktroopers in the 54-55 case.  A lot of Vaders, a lot of black Clone Pilots, a lot of SA and #6 Clones, and a crapload of Bacaras and R2s. 

Showing why they still have full pegs all the time, the other local WM restocked with about four cases worth of the first Collection 1 and 2 cases.  Threepios, Dookus, and Blue Guards, OH MY!  Stacks and stacks of Jedi vs. Separatists and Rebels vs. Empire Battle Packs, and as usual, absolutely no Evolutions to be seen.

Aside from that one case of 57-63 yesterday, Target continues to be rather useless, still selling Battle Arenas at full price and those AWESOME clamshell things have yet to sell to anyone.