Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303362 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #825 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32 AM »
I found a Aayla at WM yestereday and the rest were gone. I was hoping to find more 501's and was surprised this one was left behind. so WM is getting new stuff in...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 10, 2012, 07:48 PM »
I found a Aayla at WM yestereday and the rest were gone. I was hoping to find more 501's ...

Don't they sell Levi's at other stores?  :D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05 PM »
Gotta love google shopping, cheap shipping and NOT having to run around to stores.

Dr. Evazan - $13
Wedge Antilles - $13
Kithaba - $12
Luke Skywalker (Hoth) - $11.50
Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars) - $10

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Got my Malgus/Imperial Navy Commander wave case from Hasbro Toy Shop today.

I really am sick over the fact that I essentially bought this case to ensure that I got a MOC Un-punched Imperial Navy Commander. Thankfully, the case, shipped "as is" w/o any other outer carton or protection arrived and out of the five "new" figures in the wave - the Malgus, the Imperial Navy Commander and the Vader were all good - the Anakin and Hoth Luke were both in bad shape, but I'm okay with that since I already have both MOC from an EE case order of the Wave 4 Rev 1 case, so they were to open anyway....

I had hoped that I would be finding more figures at local stores, but it seems like this year is online only for the moment...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #829 on: May 11, 2012, 08:15 PM »
I broke down today and bough about 8 figures off ebay for around 14.00 each.  Got the "cut scene" wave and a few others.  I think I am done searching in stores.  I just can't do it anymore.  Sadly, the stores will sell less figures, and Hasbro will stop making them.  But it serves them right! =(
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #830 on: May 12, 2012, 01:27 AM »
My friend got me Wave 4.1 and it has been hidden in the pile o loot for me already.  He also ordered me Wave 5, for both of us, so we're saving shipping and getting stuff we want...

It hurts.

I was originally only getting Wave 3 so I was sure...  I have a pretty strong feeling that wave is getting production cut in favor of other waves...  4 and 5 I think are likely to make it to retail in greater numbers, and 3 may wind up even at a discounter.  At least I'll say I wouldn't be shocked to see that wind up happening with that particular wave.

I think 4 and 5 may wind up hititng in fairly big numbers though, at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #831 on: May 16, 2012, 02:44 PM »
Not much here but I will say I seem to find a Yavin Rebel Tech w/Hangar Sled at any TRU I visit so I have bought two of those on sale.

Otherwise there isn't a sniff of anything new here to buy...  Got my cases of Wave 3 though, and my early thoughts on those are pretty much the same except CW Anakin is far better than I initially gave him credit I think.  Really good figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 16, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Found the remnants of the Wave 4 case at one of the local WalMarts on my way home from work yesterday. Looks like they had gotten in three cases worth - the Gamorrean Guards were all gone, but there were still Bespin Han, Barriss Offee, Logray, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Bom Vindin, and ARC Trooper Commander. Along with two Dr Evazan, a brown bandanna Kithaba and Aayla Secura. There we no Nom Anor figures left.

I grabbed the Evazan, Kithaba & Aayla figures along with a "corrected" Barriss and a Bespin Han for Captain Piet....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #833 on: May 16, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Good score.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Anyone have a red bandana Kithaba they are willing to part with?  I've had no luck tracking one of these down.  I'm willing to pay/trade heavy for it...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 16, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Anyone have a red bandana Kithaba they are willing to part with?  I've had no luck tracking one of these down.  I'm willing to pay/trade heavy for it...

I finally saw several Kithaba's at retail last night, and all had the brown bandana.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 16, 2012, 04:40 PM »

I finally saw several Kithaba's at retail last night, and all had the brown bandana.

How were the Evazan's (if there were any)? scar or no scar variant?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #837 on: May 16, 2012, 04:58 PM »
I grabbed the Evazan, Kithaba & Aayla figures along with a "corrected" Barriss and a Bespin Han for Captain Piet....

Hey Pete, can I ask what's corrected on Bariss? I did not hear of this.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 16, 2012, 06:15 PM »

How were the Evazan's (if there were any)? scar or no scar variant?

I only saw the no scar versions.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 16, 2012, 06:42 PM »

Hey Pete, can I ask what's corrected on Bariss? I did not hear of this.

There's something about the belt that is different (although I don't see it) and the face tattoos are more accurate/clear.

Peter