Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 411003 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3660 on: August 31, 2020, 04:11 PM »
Retro Doctor Doom? Hells yes!  ;D

Praying for more villains in this assortment, would kill for a Legends Blastaar!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: September 3, 2020, 10:47 AM »
The 90s Retro Spider-Man case I preordered arrived today. I've only opened the Spidey figure, but it's a true work of art. Highly poseable, and the new sculpt hides a TON of articulation.

I managed to snag the Gwen Stacy/Mary Jane pack from this wave.  Huge Kudos to Hasbro for continuing the head swap options on these figures.  From the Stepfords to the Endgame figure two-packs, its a great way to get more potential characters out there. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: September 5, 2020, 11:30 PM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 30, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Is anyone here looking to buy some older Marvel Legends in the 6" scale?  For customs or whatever.  I'll provide a list if anyone is interested, just PM me. 

Note there's nothing really great there I don't think, but I'm also not looking to charge an arm and a leg. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: September 30, 2020, 10:40 PM »
Is anyone here looking to buy some older Marvel Legends in the 6" scale?  For customs or whatever.  I'll provide a list if anyone is interested, just PM me. 

Note there's nothing really great there I don't think, but I'm also not looking to charge an arm and a leg.

I think I have most of what I need from ML, but I'd be interested in a list with prices if you have one to share.  Maybe I can find a few extra items to squeeze into my displays.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: November 26, 2020, 01:03 AM »
Just picked up the Retro Dr Doom off EE with Free Shipping somehow. Happy to scratch this one off the list!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: December 10, 2020, 05:42 PM »
I had to drive 30 miles outside of town to the only Target within a 50 mile radius that had the exclusive X-Men and Spider-Man Retro figures in stock. Grabbed Rogue and Cyborg Spidey. Might get Gambit later on, but I have the 2019 version and would only want this one for the head and detailed card accessories. Would have been great if any stores in my area put these figures out last week during the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: December 18, 2020, 08:57 PM »
Just picked up the Retro Dr Doom off EE with Free Shipping somehow. Happy to scratch this one off the list!

23 days later, he showed up.  ;D

What a terrific purchase this turned out to be! Even better than I had hoped, came in a special white box and the actual figure and packaging are top notch. No way I am gonna open this one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: December 27, 2020, 10:11 AM »
I'm checking out Marvel 616 on Disney+ right now.  And the 6th episode of the series is called "Unboxed".  Needless to say, Marvel Legends features VERY prominently in the episode, starting with the ToyBiz era and moving on through the history of Marvel action figures.  And there are interviews with people who are currently on Hasbro's Marvel team.

...now I have to get back to watching this show!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: February 27, 2021, 09:02 PM »
I wasn’t sure if these deserved their own thread, but they are technically labeled as Marvel Legends on the boxes. These are the new 4”, 5 poa “retro” figures. I was able to find the first couple waves at Target recently (in addition to the Hasbro Pulse exclusives), and I really like them.

Again, very simplified figures, but comic accurate and they have amazing card backs. Kind of remind me of the current MOTU Origins in that they look and feel like toys, and remind me of childhood. Fairly reasonable at $10 each as well. Just pretty cool. Here’s who I’ve grabbed so far:

Spidey/Electro (Pulse Exclusive)
Cap/Black Panther (Pulse Exclusive)
Iron Man/Cyclops (Pulse Exclusive)
Spider-Man
Captain America
Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel)
Hulk
Human Torch
Magneto
Daredevil
Elektra
Ice Man

Looking forward to more! Tough to know whether to open them, I usually open pretty much everything but I’m really digging how they looks on these card backs.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: February 28, 2021, 12:55 PM »
I want that retro Human Torch figure badly, but not being able to use Brickseek or Popfindr anymore is a killer. I just can’t bring myself to drive around to multiple stores anymore.  :(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 3, 2021, 11:00 AM »
I want that retro Human Torch figure badly, but not being able to use Brickseek or Popfindr anymore is a killer. I just can’t bring myself to drive around to multiple stores anymore.  :(

As luck would have it my daughter needed a new binder for school so I made an after dinner Target run last night and they had a whole case of these out! Only one Torch figure there but best of all it still had the punch attached! Very happy to scratch this off my wanted list...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 6, 2021, 03:50 PM »
Lucked out big time and found the Walgreens exclusive Silver Surfer this morning, super happy to not have to run around town looking for him.  :)

Cool figure. Mjolnir is pretty sweet, but the Surfer is much darker than I expected.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 8, 2021, 02:53 PM »

Shoot - I just saw this over the weekend and passed on him.  I decided to just get the Avengers characters and was even wavering on whether or not to get the Hulk.  Torch looked really cool and I had him in my basket but ultimately decided that was a slippery slope. Magneto looked pretty cool as well.  I did manage to score Ms. Marvel, Spider-man, Iron Man, Captain America, and Hulk. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: April 10, 2021, 11:38 AM »
So...HasLab Fantastic Four??  ???

I am really hoping it is the Fantasticar...would be easy for me to display and go great with the figures they have already put out. (Either set)

They also alluded to it on the packaging art for Sue earlier in the presentation.  ;)