Author Topic: The Hobbit -LEGO  (Read 34422 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Hobbit -LEGO
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2014, 02:08 AM »
I knew he was different but I didn't know why...   :-\  Doesn't sound good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2014, 08:01 AM »
He has the blue jacket he wore during the Hobbiton market scene in the EE, not the red he wore during the rest of the movie.

Mine's still in the case.  The boys know not to touch it...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Hmmmmm...  I may not fight to get one of those then...  Minor enough I can't see me being that bothered.  That Elrond bagged figure is annoying me now though.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Hmmmmm...  I may not fight to get one of those then...  Minor enough I can't see me being that bothered.  That Elrond bagged figure is annoying me now though.  :-\

Yeah - it's a minor variation - and VERY low on my list.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2014, 01:48 PM »
Ordered Lake Town Chase and a couple Lake Town Guards from Toys R Us.com - using $10 in Rewards R Us bucks combined with the 15% off coupon.

Also picked up on eBay the Gandalf and Dol Guldur polybag set.

Once I receive those purchases, the only thing I'll still need to get from the Hobbit line is the Mirkwood Elf Guard polybag set. There's the Legolas polybag set too, but that's just starting to trickle out now.

I still haven't decided if I want to spend ~$25 just for that Blue Coat Bilbo minifigure....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:49 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2014, 08:54 PM »
I didn't recall seeing them at Toy Fair, but were there any new sets shown/announced for the Hobbit or LOTR lines, or do we already know everything that is on the way this year?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 2, 2014, 12:44 PM »
I didn't recall seeing them at Toy Fair, but were there any new sets shown/announced for the Hobbit or LOTR lines, or do we already know everything that is on the way this year?

The only thing I saw was a little poster that said "more sets coming" or something like that for The Hobbit.

Here is the pic from ToyArk's coverage:

Back in October-ish there were some rumored Lord of the Rings sets coming this year:

The Mirror of Galadriel – Includes Frodo in a plain shirt and Galadriel. There is a small mirror and a statue. – $12.99

Amon Hen Ambush – Includes 2 Uruk Hai, Boromir, and what he believes is Merry. Small set of steps and the palantir tower. – $25.99

The Defence of Osgiliath – Includes 2 Orcs, a Gondor Knight, and maybe a Ranger. Small orc boat and ruins. – $40.00

Witch King Showdown – Includes the Witch King, Theoden, a Rider of Rohan (Eowyn), a white horse, and a Nazgul. Also includes a Fellbeast and small grassy area. – $60.00

The Battle of Minas Tirith – Includes Gandalf, 2 Gondor Knights, maybe 4 Orcs, a troll, and possibly Pippen. Set has 1 large gate at ground level, 2 smaller levels with a small house and the citadel. Also includes an orc catapult outside the city. – $120.00

And I think a lot of folks expected to see them on display, but there was no presence of Lego: Lord of the Rings at Toy Fair. So maybe SDCC (if these rumors are even legit)...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2014, 12:38 PM »
This past weekend (June 7-8), GameStop had a Lego-related event - which from the flyer, seemed to mostly center around having the Lego games on sale and then giving away some polybag mini figures - like for the Lego Movie - they had "Western" Emmett - and for Lego Hobbit they were giving away "Good Morning Bilbo Baggins"

I had already scored one off eBay, but on a lark I went into the Gamestop near where I work this afternoon and asked about the promotion. The guy behind the counter indicated that nobody came in for the Hobbit stuff and they freely gave me one of the Bilbo polybags - so now I have a spare.

If you have a Gamestop nearby, I recommend going in and asking if you're looking for this minifig.

If anyone is looking for this minifig and has either the Chrome Stormtrooper or White Boba Fett minifigs from a few years back that they'd be willing to trade for it, send me a PM.
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2014, 06:34 PM »
The Hollywood Reporter has a story up now about a new Lonely Mountain set coming later this year - looks pretty good...

Here is the link to their story: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-lego-unveil-smaug-720681

Seems like a bit much for $130, but it looks like they've cut off part of the set for the picture, so it's hard to tell...
Peter

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 12:57 AM »
Saw a pic of LEGo Smaug today but cant find anyone else have a link?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Isn't that him in the previous post?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 04:01 PM »
LOL...yeah my bad :D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 6, 2014, 01:53 PM »
Grabbed the SDCC Bard the Bowman mini-figure off eBay this week. Probably paid more than I should, but since it's still unknown whether this version of the character will show up in one of the four Hobbit sets coming later this year, I took the gamble.

I never got the Azog figure from last year's SDCC, but that ended up being okay since he showed up in the Dol Guldur set - if that ends up being the case with the Bard minifigure as well, then I'll just keep it for what it is - a nice memento from SDCC...

« Last Edit: August 6, 2014, 01:54 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2014, 10:24 AM »
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Hobbit-ByTheme

The new 2015 sets are now available

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Man I wish there was a cheaper way to get Smaug.  Those sets just aren't appealing really. The five armies kinda sucks to be honest.