Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173449 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #435 on: July 11, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Yes, it retro and all that but those MOTU just look worse than they should. I bet Triklops cannot rotate his eyes.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2016, 09:49 AM »
I got my Alien carrying case and Japanese 3-pack yesterday.  ;D

Rob, you'll be relieved to hear the 3-pack figures appear to be exactly the same as the previous version. I compared them side by side in a bright light last night and could not tell any difference. Packaging is cool though.

The carrying case was a super nice effort, better than expected. It's big! Two stackable drawers covered in a vinyl slipcase, very retro. Fits 24 figures total I believe. I got all my loose guys in there last night and they fit great.

And man, the Glow in the Dark Alien is freaking hellishly cool. They even added some darker inked highlights to really bring out the details. I wish I had more of these guys!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Didn't have time to post these in here yesterday, and yes I know they are not technically ReAction, but I saw that Super7 has another wave of He-Man figures coming to SDCC!

http://super7hq.com/news/motu-375-action-figures-wave-2-at-sdcc-2016

I want to like this line...I really want to get into this line...

I was holding out to see what Wave 2 looked like before I decided on Wave 1. I'm slipping more to the "no" side now. Something here just seems...off. I don't know what it is.

And why Sorceress in Wave 2 and not Teela? I'm disappointed. I should be all over a 3 3/4" MOTU line. I wish I was.  :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 12, 2016, 05:46 PM »
I got my Alien carrying case and Japanese 3-pack yesterday.  ;D

Rob, you'll be relieved to hear the 3-pack figures appear to be exactly the same as the previous version. I compared them side by side in a bright light last night and could not tell any difference. Packaging is cool though.

The carrying case was a super nice effort, better than expected. It's big! Two stackable drawers covered in a vinyl slipcase, very retro. Fits 24 figures total I believe. I got all my loose guys in there last night and they fit great.

And man, the Glow in the Dark Alien is freaking hellishly cool. They even added some darker inked highlights to really bring out the details. I wish I had more of these guys!

Got mine today and couldn't agree more with all of this.  The GITD Alien looks awesome when I turn off the lights to the room.  The case is like double the thickness of the old Kenner vinyl SW cases.  Looks really durable and well made.  The cover art on the front is a little lame IMO - I would have preferred more realistic art or even a movie photo.  I don't have the original 3-pack, but these guys will look cool with a space suit Ripley. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 20, 2016, 11:08 PM »
Just read on Funko's page that the Landstrider set is a shared exclusive with Toys R Us.  :)

I was able to successfully pick up my SDCC exclusive Bruce the Shark from TRU in store, so I am now hopeful on this one. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2016, 01:03 PM »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 22, 2016, 02:12 PM »
You can order it now:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=103532976

Nice...8/17 ship date. "But I want it NOW!"  :P

Are they even selling these at the con? Or was there not enough room at their booth with the 8 truckloads of MOTU stuff they brought along?  ::)

I kid, but they do seem to have kind of a one track mind this week. Like no one even remembered to pack the Hellboy figures?!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 22, 2016, 03:10 PM »

I want to like this line...I really want to get into this line...

I was holding out to see what Wave 2 looked like before I decided on Wave 1. I'm slipping more to the "no" side now. Something here just seems...off. I don't know what it is.

And why Sorceress in Wave 2 and not Teela? I'm disappointed. I should be all over a 3 3/4" MOTU line. I wish I was.  :-\

As I said, they look worse that they should. Retro shouldn't mean "looks worse than the vintage MOTU erasers I had when I was 8".

Sorceress looks mannish. No excuse for making pretty ladies ugly. I wonder if Tri-Klops can even rotate his eyes. Probably not. They blew the budget on trap jaw's attachments.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2016, 02:32 PM »
The Worst figures look amusing. They maybe not be ReAction, just Super 7.
http://www.super7hq.com/collection/sdcc/sdcc-16-the-worst-action-figures

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2016, 03:21 PM »

I saw those too, and was slightly intrigued, but after nearly an hour for fruitless searching online for some kind of backstory on these, I finally gave up. I have no idea if that is just something they dreamed up or if it is actually based on something.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #445 on: July 26, 2016, 12:52 PM »
New Nightmare Before Christmas ReAction figures announced - Pumpkin King Jack, Santa Jack, Shock, Wolfman, Clown with the Tearaway Face, and Oogie Boogie.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 26, 2016, 02:47 PM »

I saw those too, and was slightly intrigued, but after nearly an hour for fruitless searching online for some kind of backstory on these, I finally gave up. I have no idea if that is just something they dreamed up or if it is actually based on something.

Yeah, I did the same digging and found nothing.  I'm assuming they're just an original property at this point.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 11, 2016, 01:43 PM »
Picked up 2 Landstrider sets at TRU today during my lunch break. I almost overlooked them because the box was WAY smaller than I had pictured in my head.

Looks like a really well done toy, excited for the rest now!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 11, 2016, 02:19 PM »
I went ahead and ordered one... funny that it's not slated to ship for another week and they're all over the place in stores now.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 12, 2016, 12:23 AM »
Unexpectedly finding the landstrider made my day. I hope the Garthim/winged Kira NYCC exclusive will also be shared and just as easy to find or order.