Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208508 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #930 on: November 22, 2022, 02:32 PM »
I picked up a Republic Commando Sev at Gamestop recently.  I had my monthly power-up rewards and I figured that a $5 discount would soften the blow for a new Black Series figure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 27, 2022, 12:56 PM »
I took advantage of the sales this weekend at GameStop and picked up Republic Commando Fixer.  It's pretty laughable though that a $19 Black Series figure now seems like a good deal.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 29, 2022, 12:37 PM »
I took advantage of the sales this weekend at GameStop and picked up Republic Commando Fixer.  It's pretty laughable though that a $19 Black Series figure now seems like a good deal.

I bought like ten figures from that sale and was thinking what an amazing deal I got spending under $200.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 30, 2022, 06:19 PM »
I got my NED-B from Amazon today.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 2, 2022, 02:01 PM »
I got my NED-B from Amazon today.

I got mine too, and it appears they adjusted the price to $23 and change, so that was nice.

Also got Credit Collection Ahsoka from Target and the Halloween WereWookiee from EE.

Definitely a lot hitting right now, hope we don’t see the next wave of figures til 2023.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #935 on: December 4, 2022, 12:06 AM »
Not really a good place to put this, but I wanted the information in our forums...

There are a LOT of rumors going around right now about Dork Side Toys and none of them are good.

There is a lot of evidence that suggests the rumors are true.  A number of manufacturers are no longer doing business with them.  Dorkside has made their Twitter private.  Dorkside have changed their returns policy to "All Sales Final" with no returns.  The Pre-Order Policy page is missing from their homepage.

If you have any open pre-orders with them, you might want to try and cancel them ASAP if possible and check out other alternatives. :(
« Last Edit: December 4, 2022, 12:11 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 4, 2022, 01:43 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I have been reading about this for awhile now on Fwoosh and it’s doesn’t sound good for them. I cancelled all my remaining orders a few weeks ago thankfully. Sounds like a lot of people who preordered stuff with PayPal are getting stuck with store credit now though. Curious to know what the heck happened but I guess we will never get the full story.

I saw the new Walmart 6” shipper display this morning but it was right by the front door, not in the toy section, and had been pretty well picked over. I did grab a JAC-1 and Holiday Scout Trooper though for kicks.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 4, 2022, 01:54 PM »
In the TVC Facebook group the answer to the PayPal questions may have been answered.  One customer was reaching out to Dorkside for answers about a refund on a PayPal purchase.  Dorkside was not forthcoming, and said something to the effect that they might not be taking PayPal anymore.  So the customer reached out to PayPal.  At which point PayPal informed them that they had suspended Dorkside's account.  THIS IS NOT GOOD.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 12, 2022, 05:03 PM »
Picked up a Purge Trooper over the weekend courtesy of the Walmart shipper. Really nice figure. Hope the one I preordered comes through too.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 14, 2022, 01:30 PM »
So GameStop wants to charge me $8 to ship Scorch. This on top of the inflated $27.99 price tag. Meanwhile Target wants to charge me $6 to ship the Gamorrean Guard, which is also overpriced at $34. (Coincidentally their threshold for Free Shipping is $35)

I’ve hit my limit with this crap. I’m just not paying for shipping on stuff that is already a bad value. I’m content to wait it out and pick it up in store or some kind of sale.

I’m a sucker, but not a super sucker.  :D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #940 on: December 14, 2022, 02:08 PM »
I'd have to leave my island to get to the nearest Gamestop.  Worth the shipping for me.

I knew this figure was going to fall under the deluxe price point as well...ammo pack, specialized weapon.  That's why Scorch was the last one made.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 02:10 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 15, 2022, 11:55 AM »
I don't think Scorch is even a deluxe figure.  I'm pretty sure the Gaming Greats figures are just that expensive - $27.99.  I've bought Sev and Fixer in the store.  I'm going to go the same route for Scorch.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #942 on: December 15, 2022, 12:54 PM »
I had to go back and look at my original orders and you're right.  Same price.  I saw Boss is on their site for half price now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 16, 2022, 06:13 PM »
I've gotten to the point where I refuse to pay full price for the Black Series.  The price increases have been pretty apalling.  Between my monthly $5 coupon at GameStop, Black Friday sales or other sales in general?  I've been bargain hunting in this line.  I was just able to score Figrin D'an and the Fifth Brother Inquisitor for $9.99 each from Amazon.  I got Fixer with my GameStop coupon, and Sev with the Black Friday sale.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 16, 2022, 06:43 PM »
I've gotten to the point where I refuse to pay full price for the Black Series.  The price increases have been pretty apalling.  Between my monthly $5 coupon at GameStop, Black Friday sales or other sales in general?  I've been bargain hunting in this line.  I was just able to score Figrin D'an and the Fifth Brother Inquisitor for $9.99 each from Amazon.  I got Fixer with my GameStop coupon, and Sev with the Black Friday sale.

I'm tempted to go that route, but there's just as many black series I've only seen once or twice at retail, let alone on clearance.  Some I will wait on, but I don't have the patience or the organization to sit on them for months waiting for clearance prices.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today