Author Topic: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy  (Read 52606 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 02:20 PM »
So yeah...  well...  I ordered the Quad Eye tank...  I watched one good review of it, and that was all she wrote.

I also didn't realize it's A) electronic, B) an imported toy (thus price), and C) expensively packaged as well.  Plus there are a few features I didn't know existed, and little details.  More than enough to push me over the edge.  Plus hey, I earned it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 09:26 PM »
A) electronic

Oh? I was not aware of this... please tell me more!  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10 PM »
Nor was I, till I watched a guy's pretty good review of one...  Light-up display panels inside the cockpit.  They help illuminate another surprise in there too.  All the little figure would need is a bottle of lotion to go with that other surprise the review revealed.

They look like solid toys, and apparently now you also get a 2nd set of tracks that either A) look cooler, or B) look cooler AND move.  I guess the initial tracks (solid "rubber band" style) don't move real well, so they include a 2nd set, and a tool, to put individually linked tracks on the drive/road wheels. 

My fragile little mind was blown.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 11:17 PM »
So jealous...    :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 11:56 PM »
If I'd not JUST paid off something, I would not have bought this.  It's a quasi-reward to myself for something I did for Diane's house.  I figured I was owed something, even if I had to buy it myself.

That's poor man's rationale.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 01:42 PM »
Nor was I, till I watched a guy's pretty good review of one...  Light-up display panels inside the cockpit.  They help illuminate another surprise in there too.  All the little figure would need is a bottle of lotion to go with that other surprise the review revealed.

They look like solid toys, and apparently now you also get a 2nd set of tracks that either A) look cooler, or B) look cooler AND move.  I guess the initial tracks (solid "rubber band" style) don't move real well, so they include a 2nd set, and a tool, to put individually linked tracks on the drive/road wheels. 

My fragile little mind was blown.

Ah, now that you mentioned the "other surprise" I do remember the lights, and I probably watched that same review. The second set of tracks sounds like a nice addition. I'm still not too keen on the prices for the vehicles, but the Quad Eyes is on my radar. I am leaning towards getting the smaller upcoming vehicle (the Raptor, I think?), as a way to "test" them out before seriously considering the bigger (and pricier) offerings.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Being basically import toys, the price is what it is to me...  If I want an import toy bad enough, I usually jump over a price hurdle.  I'm not wild about it though, either.  It stings.

I figure though, the quality's miles above anything Star Wars has done lately.  Imagine a Star Wars vehicle like the Snowspeeder rocking a paintjob like an Acid Rain toy?  Good lord.

That said, Star Wars stuff is domestic and SHOULD cost us less since these Acid Rain toys cost less in Asian markets generally (heard in China they're downright cheap even, for what you get, though limited).

I'm anxious to see where this line's going now.  It's small so it'll be slow I think.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 07:34 PM »
OMFG what I just saw that they have at SDCC.

Jeff, you shall cave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43 PM »
We want you to get off your butt, and check out this gallery of goodness for...  Acid Rain - The War Under Pollution

Clicky The Mechy

I'm all-in.

The lack of Star Wars stuff for the next 6 months was more than enough to push me to order more of these.  I'll be picking them up next pay I do believe.

Uh, thanks Hasbro then?  ???

Seriously I'm not even down on Hasbro.  I have plenty to buy from them, just not a ton, and that frees up money for me to enjoy other stuff, and so I shall.  So thank you! :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 11:05 PM »
OMFG what I just saw that they have at SDCC.

Jeff, you shall cave.

Dammit.  >:(

Why did you have to show this to me, Jesse?  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Wait till Quad Eyes gets here.  Totally reviewing that.  It's too good to pass up.

Given what we saw I think I'm ordering the Mk.II Speeder in a couple weeks perhaps.  I may also get the marine deco Quad Eyes since I have the other on the way.  I kinda want both now...  Less Star Wars, means more Acid Rain.  Tell yourself that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 01:23 AM »

Clicky The Mechy

Again...

We doubled our image gallery for the Acid Rain line tonight!  Tons of new images, including shots of the placards giving the new Mech suits their names.  The Laurel, is basically one new suit that comes in a wide variety of flavors.  Marine, Sand, Mechanic, Airborne, and Viking to name just 5, and it appears to have even more!  I'll take...  uh...  all of them!

The Raptor should be available at BBTS in the (hopefully) near future.  That would be the "Sand Bike".  It comes with a bike, a "blanket", and a figure.  $80 is the price I've heard/seen.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 11:37 AM »
The Raptor should be available at BBTS in the (hopefully) near future.  That would be the "Sand Bike".  It comes with a bike, a "blanket", and a figure.  $80 is the price I've heard/seen.

The MKI Raptor is up for pre-order at BBTS - $89.99.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 06:16 PM »
That ones a tough pill but I seriously think I will preorder.

I want the Mk2 but the inability to pick your deco detail scares me on the purchase.  I want the rocket girl not the other one. :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: August 4, 2014, 11:10 PM »
I uh...  pre-ordered.   ::)