Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)  (Read 44063 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 07:54 PM »
I am excited as well. The timeline is getting close enough to Rogue One for them to craft some real synergy within the franchise. I feel like this may be the last season too, but I hope not.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 11:24 PM »
I've been wrong before about this show, especially thinking the Rebels would be in Rogue One but man I just get a sneaking feeling that Snoke=Ezra steam makes sense especially with the stuff going on in trailers

I've also thought at different times it could even be Mace Windu but man...

And why the hell are the rebels not in Rogue One.  This is part of the reason I don't like Clone Wars or Rebels with my whole heart, Kanan, Ahsoka and Ezra need to be dead by the beginning of ANH for it to have any meaning for and there is absolutely no way that they would do that on a cartoon.  A movie though? 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 06:27 AM »
I do get the sense that the stories of the Ghost crew need to resolve in some way, shape or form.  Does that happen before the events of A NEW HOPE?  I don't know if it has to be.  But having two Jedi plus a fallen Sith running around when we were supposed to be operating under the premise that all of the Jedi are gone is something that I've been having a tough time accepting.  Granted, the Star Wars universe is big and it does seem plausible that a few individuals could have gone into hiding.  But now that Vader, the Inquisitors and the Emporer might be aware of Kanan and Ezra?  I think their days are numbered.

This is not directed at anyone person, Scott.  But I think that Episode VIII director Rian Johnson topped all of the Snoke speculation that came out of Episode VII perfectly: “Your Snoke Theory Sucks.”  I think I want to see where this goes.  I want to be a little surprised by the revelation when it comes. 

Everyone has been theorizing about who Snoke is, or where he came from.  Maybe the real explanation is that we have just never seen him in any form before.  Maybe there is something for Luke Skywalker to reveal about Snoke, much in the same way that Obi-Wan explained Vader's origins to Luke.  Because all of this theorizing about Snoke being some previously established character makes me think of what happened in Dark Horse's LEGACY title with Darth Krayt.  Granted, A'sharad Hett wasn't a major player in the Dark Horse REPUBLIC title, but it seemed a little bit like shoe-horning the characters into that new situation.

A theme that keeps getting reiterated by the people at Lucasfilm is that they're looking to make the universe bigger, and not smaller.  And I think that tying Snoke to any other previously established character absolutely makes the universe smaller.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:34 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 08:24 AM »
Snoke's origin is revealed in Life Debt, he's no one you know. Just an orphan kid from Jakku.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 08:25 PM »
So the chess game begins between two cunning minds capable of great ruthlessness....Thrawn and Chopper!

Having an  AT-DP on a little platform like that seems like not a wise concept.

Imperial officer heavy. Two new (to the series) officers, Pryce (sp?) and Thrawn, plus Tarkin, Kallus, Constantine and that blonde guy later. 

Why was the reclamation station in a planetary atmosphere and not space? So we don't have to use space suit models for the characters? So more Cloud City allusions?

Are Ugnaughts the only alien labour force? They got unions or something?

Somehow the OT Y-Wings are Clone Wars Y-Wings?

Ezra was right, had they just reconned and left, all the Y-Wings would've been scrapped by the time a strike team arrived.

Hondo got his ship, and it didn't cost the Rebellion a dime. Hondo, what a guy.

Kanan's scares aren't that bad. But really, no way for him to get cyber vision? What kind of sci-fi galaxy is this. Also, why does he keep his eyes closed?

Generic spiritual quest for Kanan, but Tom Baker is cool. Not sure why the spider were jerks before, oh, because they are.

Maybe it turns out the Sith Holocron does corrupt people and Kanan will face a big Bendu got bad!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 12:09 PM »
Liked it a lot. Dark Ezra is more fun to watch. The scene with him and the blond Imperial was hilarious.

So all that trouble for 5 Y-wings? Was that the exact # actually shown in ANH or something?

I love any weird Force stuff so the Bendu was awesome to me. Zero chance of that ever being a toy, but such a cool concept.

Thrawn was about as expected, cold, aloof, capable and impressive. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Again though, what do they do with all these guys in the very short span between Rebels and ANH? Gotta lot of people to write out.

I really, really want a pimped out gold Mining Guild TIE.  ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 03:04 PM »
So all that trouble for 5 Y-wings? Was that the exact # actually shown in ANH or something?

There were at least 7.  There were two bombing runs on the Death Star comprised of three Y-Wings each (which were destroyed), and there is one Y-Wing (at least) in the scene showing the Rebels getting away from the Death Star as it is blowing up.  So they must find more somewhere since they have them in Jedi, too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Only one YW group made the trench run Steve, 2 XW groups did tho.  One YW was present with the falcon and presumably Wedge and Luke escaping the blast.

That doesn't mean that's all there were tho, especially if old EU holds up at all. 

Best way to tell how many YWs were in the movie is widescreen SE as the fleet they send is arriving.  Tough to count but it can be done.  I forget how many now tho.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 05:50 PM »
From looking at a scan from the special edition as the Rebel fighters are flying past Yavin, there were at least 8 Y-wings in the strike force.  I like the mention of General Dodonna in the show, and that the fighters that Ezra's unit stole were headed off to Dodonna's cell.  I think that it may have come across as too convenient if Ezra, Sabine and Zeb had been able to make off with a dozen Y-wings.  If anything, Rebel units probably managed to equip themselves in a piece-meal fashion.  Y-wings were a standard part of the Republic military during the Clone Wars, so there are probably plenty more in surplus elsewhere that are ripe for the Rebellion to... acquire.

I liked the episode.  Kanan's quest made it interesting, since he's clearly suffered a tremendous personal setback, but in trying to come to grips with that he explores other facets of The Force with the help of the Bendu. 

Ezra seems like he's headed down a path that's dangerous.  The mind trick on the AT-DP driver was probably one of the darker things we've seen a character do on this show.  But he also seems to have had a moment of clarity as he nearly got killed when he set out to bring that station down.

The Sith holocron seems like it's going to come back at some point, and soon.  Should Kanan have entrusted it to the Bendu?  I'm really curious to see how that works out.

I don't count myself among the biggest Thrawn fans.  But I think that our introduction to the character is being done at a very deliberate pace.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 07:45 PM »
Only one YW group made the trench run Steve

Thanks for the correction.  I hope this doesn't result in losing my SW fan license. ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2016, 08:04 PM »
Oh no no no....

If anything it simply furthers my title as #KingOfTheDipshits and distances you from ridicule.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 10:52 PM »
I think that they specifically say in ANH that the rebel attack from Yavin was 30 craft, so they couldn't have too many more than what they acquired.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 11:20 PM »
Bast I think says to Vader that "we count 30 Rebel Fighters, but they're so small they're evading our turbolasers", and then Vader says destroying them ship-to-ship. 

That's always made me feel like, for one reason or another, they have a sort of rough count and it's possible there's more, but 30 is believable too.

I've counted the number in the SE approach scene and now I can't recall what I came up with.  That sucks, since it actually means something to a discussion.  ::)

If you mixed in some EU, there's more, but they're staggered out further attempting to draw enemy fighters away from the primary attack plan...  makes sense with the whole drawing their fire thing too.  So it's possible there's more I suppose. 

Fun fact, at least I think this is the case, all the SE X-Wings are "Red 5" markings because I guess they didn't wanna make more than one because $.  So never take everything on screen super serious either.  :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 11:59 PM »
Fun fact, at least I think this is the case, all the SE X-Wings are "Red 5" markings because I guess they didn't wanna make more than one because $.  So never take everything on screen super serious either.  :)

You mean. don't take everything on the SE super seriously... you know, Jedi Rocks, or Han stepping on Jabba come to mind (that scene is bad- not because of the SFX, but because the dialogue is a rehash of what Greedo tells Han (which I'm sure the Greedo/Han dialogue might save been changed some when he released making a slug Jabba wouldn't work in the mid-70s)).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 01:09 AM »
Or all the Imp Officers having the same rank in ROTJ, the ****** AT-ST and SSD explosions, Vader gesturing awkwardly after his dialogue was over in ANH...  There's silly stuff in the non-SE's too that makes me laugh when I see it.

Just having a discussion on the twits tonight about that whole acting sequence between Luke/Leia/Han on Endor before Luke bails on the group... 

Such suck there.  Ford holds it together, but as was said to me, it's like some teenage drama thing with Hammil/Fisher's acting in that scene.  It rivals even the worst Padme/Anakin PT dialogue to me.

I don't hate the SE's I guess.  I don't like a lot.  I'd rather have that Jabba DB94 scene than not have it though, for some reason.  I enjoy it.  And hey...  ASP-7 revolutionized Star Wars.  :D