Author Topic: 2019 TVC Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter  (Read 36242 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2019 TVC Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter
« on: September 26, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Unfortunately I have a lot cooking at work today so I'll have to process all the Hasbro PR pics tonight - for now, enjoy the TVC Luke Skywalker's X-Wing

Official Hasbro Press Release and Press Photos - click on the thumbnails for larger pics.

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION LUKE SKYWALKER’S X-WING FIGHTER Vehicle
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $99.99/Available: Fall 2019)
Inspired by the X-wing fighter LUKE SKYWALKER piloted in STAR WARS: EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE, this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION LUKE SKYWALKER’S X-WING FIGHTER vehicle makes a wonderful gift for fans of the original trilogy. Premium deco and design features on this X-wing include landing gear, a hinged cockpit canopy, adjustable wings, and a mini projectile launcher. Details like weathered paintwork and interior cockpit deco make this an impressive collectible display item. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION LUKE SKYWALKER’S X-WING FIGHTER is compatible with 3.75 inch-scale STAR WARS action figures, making it a great addition to any STAR WARS toy collection. (Figures and additional vehicles each sold separately. Subject to availability). Available at select retailers. (aka Fan Channels)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:53 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 TVC Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 06:10 PM »
Looks nice... this time I'm going to wait until you guys buy it for $99 and then I'll pick it up at a discount, instead of the other way around.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 09:15 PM »
I love the box art. This is a wait and see for me, though. I love the ones I have (not that that ever stopped me).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 10:28 PM »
This is amazing, but I already have the TRU exclusive. Depending on cost down the road, will pick up an opener or two to covert to Red Leader, Red 2, Red 4 and Red 6.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 06:39 AM »
The only big X-Wing I have is the Dagobah one from like 2002, so I should upgrade to this.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 09:36 AM »
I'm buying this beautiful bitch as soon as I see it. Luke's X-Wing isn't quite as much of a "character" as the Millenium Falcon, but it's a must-have vehicle, and while I have the Dagobah version, this one feels so much more ANH-inspired.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 09:56 AM »
The only big X-Wing I have is the Dagobah one from like 2002, so I should upgrade to this.

Same. I have the Dagobah one on display, and still really like it, but it would be nice to have a nice ANH one. I guess I do have the “Power FX” one from the POTF2 days, but this new one looks really nice. Might have to wait a bit at $100 though. The box on this is so, so nice.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 10:24 AM »

I have too many of these dang things (1995 POTF2 Luke, 2002 Saga Luke, 2004 Red Leader, 2006 Dagobah, 2009 TLC Wedge, 2013 TVC Biggs) but like a dummy I will probably buy this $100 version because I am a hopeless romantic for OT vehicles.  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 12:36 PM »

I have too many of these dang things (1995 POTF2 Luke, 2002 Saga Luke, 2004 Red Leader, 2006 Dagobah, 2009 TLC Wedge, 2013 TVC Biggs) but like a dummy I will probably buy this $100 version because I am a hopeless romantic for OT vehicles.  :D

That’s my position exactly...  I’ve got the 2002 Saga Luke, 2006 Dagobah Luke, 2009 TLC Wedge, and 2013 TVC Biggs X-Wings as well, but I’ll probably pick up the Luke X-Wing if I see it just so I have the highly detailed version to go with the Biggs ship.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Deke Starkiller

• Jedi Initiate
  • Moof Milker™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Looks good, and am I crazy or is the "glam" shot missing one of the engine intakes?!?  :P
"YAGAMAROO!"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 05:19 PM »
Looks good, and am I crazy or is the "glam" shot missing one of the engine intakes?!?  :P

DOH!

This actually looks really good, engine intake issues aside.  And when I did some searching I was surprised to see how long it had been since Luke's X-wing had been updated.  I'm looking forward to seeing one of these photographed close up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 10:55 PM »
They should've made the box THE LAST JEDI and showed the toy underwater.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 10:37 AM »
I smell a very clever custom package!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2019, 05:51 PM »
Is this expected to be out this Friday, or is this a "later this year" type of thing? I'm interested in both this, and the Poe version, and was wondering if we should be on the lookout this week. As much as I'm looking forward to them both, I guess I'd be ok if they spaced them out a bit.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2019, 05:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure Jayson has it listed as Fan Channel only
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within