Author Topic: 2020 TVC Imperial Troop Transport  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2020 TVC Imperial Troop Transport
« Reply #15 on: February 7, 2020, 12:27 AM »
The Rebels one sat a pilot and a backwards facing dude and was basically hollowed out underneath to avoid making too many parts.

I just love how detailed the interior is - gun rack, fold-down chairs for troops or leave the chairs folded up for cargo storage.  So much better than the hollow/plain interior on the Rebels version.

Same goes for the cockpit interior details.  Rivals the effort they put into the Rogue One tank for sure.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 7, 2020, 12:37 AM »
Just got my shipping notice 5 minutes ago

My shipping notice just came tonight as well...  Glad I got my order in early enough 8)
This should be a fun vehicle based on what Jesse and Jeff are saying. I’m looking forward to loading it up!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 7, 2020, 01:31 AM »
Exactly!  I’m stoked to have the ITT in armored columns wirh my tanks like little German halftracks following German armor.  To me it’s the best vehicle Hasbro could’ve done (for my tastes...  I know the razor crest would be small). 

I know $70 ships suck but as someone who’s paying $50 for a little motorcycle thing got a toy line I like, this is pretty goddam nice.  This is the way....  for toys at least. Good toys.  This is what I wish they’d given us for the Rebels variant.  That thing bummed me out so bad, as did the ATDP.  This stuff is a breath of fresh air.  I’m fully expecting to buy quite a few of these over time and at least two full price. 🤷‍♂️ This is my jam.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 7, 2020, 07:25 AM »
The details on this vehicle look amazing!  And I have to give credit to Hasbro's design team for working hard to make a relatively big ticket item like this have those little things that keep even a seasoned collector surprised and impressed.

Truth be told, I always had pangs of regret about the vintage Kenner vehicle.  It was one of the things from the vintage line that I never was able to get.  But when I went over to my friend's house and got to check out his Imperial Transport?  I just loved it!  The Rebels incarnation of the Imperial Transport was interesting in terms of re-imagining that vehicle for animation.  But when I saw this version pull up in The Mandalorian?  That was impressive.

I will get AT LEAST one of these.  And I will absolutely pay full price.  Because I really feel like the collectors who hang out on the fringe and will only buy during sales or clearances may be hurting our chances of getting pieces like this in the line.  Now would I like a Razor Crest as a TVC offering?  Absolutely.  But I think it would be sized like the Republic Gunship.  Maybe that's something we can hope for when Disney and Hasbro come to terms for a license extension.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 7, 2020, 08:12 AM »
Check out this article from The Hollywood Reporter:  Classic 'Star Wars' Toy Returning to Stores After 40 Years.  It includes an interview with Hasbro's Mark Boudreaux.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #20 on: February 7, 2020, 09:22 AM »
I ******* love this thing.

The vintage transport was always one of my favorite toys, and while the Rebels was one wasn't amazing, I enjoyed it and like I said, love this. I have to get one. Or two.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 7, 2020, 09:51 AM »
Mine are on the way! My buddy picked his up at will-call. In spite of it being a tad underscaled, I'm really psyched about this.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 7, 2020, 10:10 AM »
I stand corrected on the detail on this.  The original shots I saw didn't show the interior other than the pilot area.  After seeing more of the interior it definitely is a cool item and getting in the right value range for me, and I'd much rather have this than a redecoed X-wing for $100.

I just placed my order and can't wait to have this added to the collection next to the tank.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: February 7, 2020, 10:38 AM »
I’m stoked to have the ITT in armored columns wirh my tanks like little German halftracks following German armor.

Question - who's driving?

If Hasbro was smart, they would find a way to get the TVC Tank Driver and TVC Tank Commander back into the mix this summer.  I'd probably buy more of them to drive this thing too.

Check out this article from The Hollywood Reporter:  Classic 'Star Wars' Toy Returning to Stores After 40 Years.  It includes an interview with Hasbro's Mark Boudreaux.

Mark is such a great dude and it's crazy to think of the impact he's had on this line over the years.  So easy to see the passion he puts into these toys.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2020, 01:00 PM »

Mark is such a great dude and it's crazy to think of the impact he's had on this line over the years.  So easy to see the passion he puts into these toys.

Mark Boudreaux's lasting legacy in both the Kenner and Hasbro lines can't be overstated.  And I agree, he is a tremendous guy!  Every time I encountered him at Toy Fair or a convention he was always  approachable and eager to talk about Star Wars, the toy line (past and present) and was just very cool.  In the current job market people who stay with a company for more than 5 years are increasingly rare.  But Mark's tenure from Kenner to Hasbro is a truly remarkable.  And the line has benefited greatly from his contributions. 

I think one of the most interesting things about this particular TVC vehicle is how it came to be in The Mandalorian.  The origins of it are actually pretty meta!  The article stated that the original Kenner ITT was one of Dave Filoni's favorite Star Wars vehicles from when he was a kid.  So the new TVC vehicle was based on it's appearance in the Mandalorian, and its appearance in the Mandalorian was inspired by the vintage toy.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2020, 01:13 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: February 7, 2020, 04:32 PM »
In Rebels I thought those genetic quasi-atst drivers were driving those ones...  I would never turn up my nose at more tankers though.  For me I’ll likely be putting in atst type pilots in mine.  Symmetry of sorts. 🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 7, 2020, 04:43 PM »
I am thinking of putting the assault tank driver figures in mine, but I’ve only got one loose at the moment, so I may just wind up using a couple spare AT-ST drivers I have...  Looking at the press pics, though, the interior reminds me in a way of the Hiya Aliens APC - or basically something that will be fun to stuff full of troops  8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: February 7, 2020, 10:42 PM »
I have I think just enough tankers for tanks so I won’t be using them in there.  Actually I may be short because I got more tanks for Christmas.  I’d gladly buy more tankers and commanders given the chance.

Anyway my ITT is on it’s way.  I ordered late too, so I’d say if I got mine most should get theirs from EE if they got in before it went to preorder.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 09:22 PM »
“It feels too light and isn’t worth it” is a new one to me, but it exists now.  Truly there is a large group of people in this hobby that don’t deserve **** to be made at this point.🤦‍♂️

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 10:41 PM »
“It feels too light and isn’t worth it” is a new one to me, but it exists now.  Truly there is a large group of people in this hobby that don’t deserve **** to be made at this point.🤦‍♂️

The it’s too light people would just bitch about it being even more expensive if they’d made it heavier.