Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59783 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest
« on: June 22, 2020, 04:26 PM »
Yakface Instagram is saying there is a TVC Haslab project coming in the fall of 2020.   

Maybe Jayson will drop a few hints and let us guess???
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:10 PM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 05:04 PM »
That’s what Patrick and Emily from the Hasbro Star Wars team said during the livestream.  A Vintage Collection project, and not much more than that.  The only tidbit aside from that was that they wanted to give people time to save money for it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I figured they would come back to Star Wars.  I'm curious to see what it will be.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:27 PM »
My guess is.... Razorcrest, or a Death Star or Tantive IV.

I actually would like a Tantive on par with the Sail Barge.  With opening panels for a hallway.  Would be epic, in my opinion.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 07:04 PM »
I'd guess Razorcrest as well.  Something in a $250-$300 range for the price would probably do it... it would be expensive enough that they could do it right, but also expensive enough that they'd want a guaranteed number of sales up front.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:24 PM »
I hope we are looking in that $250-300 range you mention Rob. Another $500 would be tough.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 07:52 PM »
I won't turn down a Razorcrest. If it's an OT item I'm guessing it's the Cantina.

A sure fire launch would be the Razorcrest with two Blurgs, Quill, IG, multiple childs (in pram, in backpack for IG to wear), Karga and Moff Gideon, plus special edition Mando.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 07:57 PM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 07:57 PM »
I won't turn down a Razorcrest. If it's an OT item I'm guessing it's the Cantina.

I would absolutely love a huge Cantina, or Jabba's Palace or an Echo Base, or a Death Star, etc...  but I use shelves that are 12" deep.  So if they made something 12" x 36" or something like that, it would be great.  If they made something that was a big square shape, it would kill it for me. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 10:39 PM »
The thing with the Razor Crest is, they don’t need HasLab to sell that thing. It would fly off shelves no matter what.

I think it’s probably a Death Star type thing, since that’s been rumored to be in development for awhile. Tantive IV would be sweet though, and exactly the kind of thing HasLab would be ideal for.

I won’t even mention the Twilight or Ghost, but man one day...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 11:14 PM »
My guess is.... Razorcrest, or a Death Star or Tantive IV.

I actually would like a Tantive on par with the Sail Barge.  With opening panels for a hallway.  Would be epic, in my opinion.

Any of the would be fantastic!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 11:32 PM »
Check out this incredible fan-made cross-section of the Razor Crest at reddit. He did take liberties where he couldn't piece together areas from the show.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMandalorianTV/comments/fwlrzd/razor_crest_incredible_crosssection/

Someone estimated its length at 25m, which is around 55" at 1/18th.

I would love to see this get made. I expect a smaller version, but too small and so much will be lost. If this becomes reality, I'm bracing for $400-$500 project. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 11:51 PM »
2-ish feet seems about right for a Razorcrest length, even if it’s not to scale.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 10:16 AM »
The thing with the Razor Crest is, they don’t need HasLab to sell that thing. It would fly off shelves no matter what.

I definitely agree with this idea... though the level of detail and scale would only be appropriate with a Haslab release.
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 10:22 AM »
A Razor Crest that’s comparable in size to the Republic Gunship seems like something that could work in the 3.75” figure system as a mainline release.   

As for the Haslab project?  A Tantive IV would be incredible.  And if it was similar in size to the Sail Barge it would seem to be doable in a Haslab campaign. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:22 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 11:28 AM »
As for the Haslab project?  A Tantive IV would be incredible.  And if it was similar in size to the Sail Barge it would seem to be doable in a Haslab campaign.

I barely found a place to put the Barge and am hoping to buy the Falcon later this year.  If they make another toy that big it might go straight into the basement.