Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59793 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2020, 04:22 PM »
I can’t stand overly truncated ships.  I wouldn’t support the Tantive IV at all.  Certain things are better off like the Jabba’s Palace or not at all to me.  The destroyer, etc.  the barge works ok but beyond that I can’t see much.  It’s like the sand crawler from Disney.  It works well enough but too big vehicles are meh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2020, 05:53 PM »
Just wanted to say I couldn't disagree more with you Jesse. I'm thankful any time we get something bigger than a Titanium/Hot Wheel for never produced vehicles. I'd love to replace my Collector Fleet Blockade Runner.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:55 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 08:40 PM »
I would like to see what efforts on a 4-6 foot long Blockade Runner toy would ultimately look like. I don't know if it would sway me to make a purchase--I'm just not that much of a vehicle collector at the end of the day.

I would also love to see Hasbro take the leap and do a "Retro" version of the never-completed ROTJ/POTF Blockade Runner, though I understand I am in the minority on that count. That is something I can see myself getting.

My "dream" reveal for HasLab would be a 3 3/4"-scaled version of the Micro Collection "Death Star World" with modern detailing...bonus if it included the cancelled Emperor's Throne Room section. There would be nothing that would stop me from backing that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2020, 09:49 PM »
6 feet?  You're pushing into USS Flagg territory with numbers like that.  Who the hell has space for that?!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 07:15 AM »
6 feet?  You're pushing into USS Flagg territory with numbers like that.  Who the hell has space for that?!

The same people who have space for a 4 foot Barge, I guess...ie not me. You'll notice I would rather have a Retro version, myself.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 10:39 AM »
Yeah, that's not always the case.  For example, I'm someone who made space for the 4' Barge.  But I'm basically tapped out.  Not sure where I'd be able to put a 4-6' Blockade Runner.  If that's what it is, and it's enormous, it's going straight into the basement with the hope that I have space some day. 

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2020, 11:55 AM »
Yeah, that's not always the case.  For example, I'm someone who made space for the 4' Barge.  But I'm basically tapped out.  Not sure where I'd be able to put a 4-6' Blockade Runner.  If that's what it is, and it's enormous, it's going straight into the basement with the hope that I have space some day.

So, what if the item where 4-6 feet tall instead of wide with a 2 foot squared base?

My dream is to turn a six foot display rack I bought at a closing Sears into a Death star cross section with multiple hangars, multiple control rooms, a throne room and a trash compactor. I'm kind of hoping the next project is not a big fat round death star set because I'm really in love with making this tower, but I probably would not do both.
Macklunkey!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2020, 12:04 PM »
I can’t stand overly truncated ships.  I wouldn’t support the Tantive IV at all. 

Thank you! That would be my issue as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2020, 12:42 PM »
So, what if the item where 4-6 feet tall instead of wide with a 2 foot squared base?

My dream is to turn a six foot display rack I bought at a closing Sears into a Death star cross section with multiple hangars, multiple control rooms, a throne room and a trash compactor. I'm kind of hoping the next project is not a big fat round death star set because I'm really in love with making this tower, but I probably would not do both.

It might be easier for me to find a place... but I'm basically at capacity until we buy a new home, and we were under contract when Covid hit and we chickened out. 

So, I'm not sure.  Whatever it is, I'd support it because you won't be able to get it later, but I'm really hoping for something smaller.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2020, 01:45 AM »
Just wanted to say I couldn't disagree more with you Jesse. I'm thankful any time we get something bigger than a Titanium/Hot Wheel for never produced vehicles. I'd love to replace my Collector Fleet Blockade Runner.

I get it, but I just feel when they truncate proportions and things, they start looking off and I’m more into it being just simple “playsets” like Jabba’s palace then or a cantina.  I feel a Tantive IV is in that realm too...  the inside is more simple that way and if I want a Tantive IV ship to display I’d rather a nice model then.  The Barge worked better for me for some reason.  Even the Falcon doesn’t work well for me for some reason. 🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2020, 09:56 AM »
I would find space for a Blockade Runner or a Death Star Playset.  I'm space constrained to be sure, but I said that about the Barge and was able to find it a home.  Some of this stuff is cool enough that I would have to sacrifice something existing to give it a home, and that's okay.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2020, 01:10 PM »
So, the reveal of the TVC Tantive IV hallway playset coming this fall should kill the rumors that the Haslab project is that ship. ;)

A few more details from today's Hasbro Pulse live stream:
- coming in September 2020
- launched via a live stream event
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 09:06 PM »
So, the reveal of the TVC Tantive IV hallway playset coming this fall should kill the rumors that the Haslab project is that ship. ;)

A few more details from today's Hasbro Pulse live stream:
- coming in September 2020
- launched via a live stream event

Yeah, I'm entertained by people who think the hallway set is a clue that the full ship is coming. nope.
Macklunkey!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2020, 09:45 PM »
They're probably thinking about how we got the Jabba's Palace play set when they announced the Barge, but forgetting that those were two separate locations.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2020, 01:22 AM »
I was kinda hoping for a blockade runner about the size of the barge.  But after today's reveal, I'm just floored by how nice they pulled off the hallway, made it modular, etc.  It's basically everything I've been hoping for with diorama-esque playsets for what feels like at least 20 years now.

I'm clueless as to what the next piece will be.  I mean, it's got to be OT related somehow, right?  Or I guess the Razorcrest is a possibility... but I don't really need that like I need a Cantina playset, a Death Star, or I guess a Sandcrawler... though I'd fork out $500 for an AT-M6 without hesitation.