Author Topic: 2021 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 19)  (Read 10707 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 2021 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 19)
« Reply #30 on: May 5, 2021, 01:36 PM »
For those that have the exclusive pack that Echo is in, how's the articulation? I've been trying to decide if I want to preorder him, but it looks like the skirt area might make him sort of unposeable. Recommended figure?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: May 5, 2021, 03:18 PM »
For those that have the exclusive pack that Echo is in, how's the articulation? I've been trying to decide if I want to preorder him, but it looks like the skirt area might make him sort of unposeable. Recommended figure?

It's a great figure.  Well articulated.  You won't be disappointed.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2021, 07:10 PM »

It's a great figure.  Well articulated.  You won't be disappointed.

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 6, 2021, 12:06 PM »
I'm looking forward to making a little Offworld Jawa clan for a Mandalorian diorama.  I'm going to use the larger Disney sandcrawler.  And I have to say, I appreciate one little detail about these new Jawas - the softgoods!  Because I plan on taking off that cloak to set on the ground all by itself, as the remnants of at least one disintegrated Jawa!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 6, 2021, 04:08 PM »
I'm looking forward to making a little Offworld Jawa clan for a Mandalorian diorama.  I'm going to use the larger Disney sandcrawler.  And I have to say, I appreciate one little detail about these new Jawas - the softgoods!  Because I plan on taking off that cloak to set on the ground all by itself, as the remnants of at least one disintegrated Jawa!!!

Holy crap!  That's brilliant!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 9, 2021, 12:08 PM »
Just got an email from Target that my Darth Maul and Ahsoka are backordered until July 22.  I had to go in to Target.com and approve the delay otherwise they were going to cancel the order.

Make sure you keep an eye on any Target backorders and approve the delay.  Kind of a different system then anyone else uses.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2021, 08:55 AM »
I ordered this case from EE back in April.  At the time the delivery date was set for July.  Well, it just got pushed back to October.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2021, 02:27 PM »
Hasbro Pulse sent out emails today pushing back Maul and Ahsoka orders to November.  It seems like the solid cases of these particular characters are running behind, because I have seen numerous reports of people receiving the Arvala 7 Jawas from Walmart as well as the old Hasbro Toy Shop eBay account.  Trying to make any sense of when product is going to arrive is increasingly pointless.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2021, 02:33 PM »
My EE order for Ahsoka and Maul (were sold out on Hasbro Pulse so I ordered from EE the day they released) is showing a ship date of March 2022!   :o

BBTS is showing August so I ordered a couple of each from them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2021, 02:46 PM »
Good catch... I have an EE order but just ordered a pair from BBTS too.  Whichever ships first, I'll cancel the other.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Glad I could help Rob!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2021, 03:43 PM »
I ordered from Target and they've been pushed back the delivery by a few days about a dozen different times over the past couple of months, but they're still scheduled to ship by August 26th (2021).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2021, 06:14 AM »
I ordered a case of this wave from EE, and my card got charged yesterday.  Was there any kind of email notification?  Of course not.  I saw the news in the Facebook TVC group and checked my EE account along with my credit card.  FFS, how difficult is it to communicate with customers???

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2021, 09:58 AM »
That's kind of odd, they always let me know when a pre-order is getting processed.

It's weird that all the full case orders are being processed and all the single orders are having to wait.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2021, 11:59 AM »
I've seen accounts of people receiving the new Jawa from EE.  I think the order processing is usually a first in, first out kind of deal with a lot of things.  I saw some people shared the dates that they ordered this case going back as far as January.  I looked at my own order and was surprised to see that was at the end of April.  But I think the trend with some TVC collectors is to just order the case blind, regardless of what's in it.  I only ordered it when I knew that Maul and Ahsoka were in the case.

It also seems like processing complete case orders does get priority treatment not just from EE, but other online retailers, too.  How that works with EE's mint guarantee is curious though, if they're just sending out a case in another box.  But from a processing standpoint I could see how etailers could fulfill those whole case orders relatively quickly.

As for individual figures?  Again, I think the EE mint guarantee is a complicating factor, and BBTS has a similar kind of guarantee.  Putting some of those orders of individual figures together takes time.  I was surprised to see my Gaming Greats Purge Trooper and Heavy Battle Droid both shipped on the same day, but in separate boxes.  It must just be easier to box up 3 Purge Troopers in one box and 2 Heavy Battle Droids in the other.

Feedback