Author Topic: Target 2021 Retro Collection Multi-Color Boba Fett  (Read 7723 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2021 Retro Collection Multi-Color Boba Fett
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2021, 01:14 PM »
$13 instead of $10 this time too.  Oof.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2021, 01:32 PM »
If I hadn't input a number incorrectly I might have gotten one. By the time I made the correction, he was gone from my cart. :-[
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Totally missed this. Never showed as instock/available to order for me. Not pleased. Hopefully when the release date comes around it will be available to order.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2021, 03:09 PM »
This has been going in and out of stock, so just keep refreshing
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 5, 2021, 03:57 PM »
I wish I knew how many variants there are in total.  My guess is it'll be the same thing as Vader was, but last time I only bought one at retail and ended up buying a ton of them for $20 to $25 each and it was stupid.  This time, I'd rather just get as many as possible at cost and start trading but certainly don't want to hog more of them than needed to collect one of each.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2021, 03:57 PM by Rob »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 5, 2021, 04:31 PM »
If I recall, whatever extras/duplicates I had, I traded for what I needed and what I was missing, I bought for less than $20 each...

Unfortunately, considering that the cost of Vader on the aftermarket has risen to INSANE levels, that won't happen this time around, scalpers will be wanting current Vader levels for Fett right out of the gate.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 5, 2021, 05:07 PM »
That's my worry.  For Vader, I think I managed to buy about 6 or 8 of them at retail, and ended up buying about 10 or 12 on eBay.  They were usually about $17 or $18, but then there was shipping too... I vaguely remember thinking that if I got one for $23 total, it was generally a win.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2021, 07:29 PM »
This has been going in and out of stock, so just keep refreshing

have essentially tanked my work day refreshing the darn Target website - no such luck I'm afraid...  >:(
Peter

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2021, 06:45 AM »
This is exactly why people get sick of collecting.  Exclusives that sell out in seconds thanks to bots, and then never show up in stores for the bulk of us.  Compound that with Target not allowing the website to show if your local store has stock of the item when the release date hits.  For Vader, I never even saw a tag for the figure at the store and their Star Wars section was nearly empty of any product.  Hopefully I can find these for not too inflated prices on the secondary market because I doubt I will find them in stores.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2021, 11:32 PM »
Apparently there are only 6 variants - one per helmet color.

I’m suddenly not so worried about putting a set together.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 01:06 AM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 09:05 AM »
I’m suddenly not so worried about putting a set together.

I'm still worried about getting one without having to pay crazy scalper prices...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2021, 10:08 AM »
I'm hoping that once they hit stores the scalper prices will drop down into something reasonable.  I have two orders with Target, assuming they don't cancel one, I just need four.  If I can get them for $25 each or somewhere in there, I'm alright with it.  It would still be less than half of what that Vader set cost to put together. 

Considering that a loose Vader is getting $50 on eBay now, what I really should do is sell 17 of them instead of buying 6 Fetts. 

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2021, 01:32 PM »

Considering that a loose Vader is getting $50 on eBay now, what I really should do is sell 17 of them instead of buying 6 Fetts.

If you’re interested, barring any issues with my order, I will have an extra Fett that I am looking to trade for a Vader.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2021, 04:18 PM »
Appreciate the offer, but the collection is as complete as I can figure out how to make it, so I’m hanging onto the Vader’s.  I’m just kidding around about how if I was smart, I’d take the money and run. 

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2021, 12:00 AM »
Appreciate the offer, but the collection is as complete as I can figure out how to make it, so I’m hanging onto the Vader’s.  I’m just kidding around about how if I was smart, I’d take the money and run.

No worries,  I can appreciate wanting to keep the set together.

If anyone else is interested hit me up
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot