Author Topic: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones Line Announced  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones Line Announced
« Reply #15 on: October 1, 2022, 06:51 PM »
The Adventure Series figures look really good.  But I have to be increasingly judicious about how I'm spending my collecting dollars.

Something I noticed is that the first wave of ROTLA characters was limited in scope.  And I think it could be due in large part to wanting to get into the EU market.  Germany alone accounts for 83 million people in Europe, and has significant spending power.  But they also have very strict laws forbidding symbolism of the third reich, and rightly so.  I would not be surprised if Hasbro cannot or will not sell Toht in the European market because of that.  And they very obviously avoided offering a Colonel Dietrich.  I thought that this sort of thing might be an issue when Hasbro offered the IJ line when KOTCS was current.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 1, 2022, 06:56 PM »
This is what I was most excited for today, and I wasn’t disappointed. A regular TVC style 3 3/4” line would have been nice, but it isn’t surprising. I only have a vintage Indy, with no whip, so I am allll in for the retro line. The Adventure Series looks fantastic, can’t wait. I honestly always just hoped we would get a very nice 6” Indy, so getting any other characters is just gravy. As was mentioned though, I’m really going to have to look at where my collecting funds will go in the coming year. Prices climbing, more collector focused stuff than ever, hard choices have to be made.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 1, 2022, 07:46 PM »
Is there still a chance that there will be a 3.75” (non-retro) line announced later or is this it for scales and lines?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 1, 2022, 11:27 PM »
Is there still a chance that there will be a 3.75” (non-retro) line announced later or is this it for scales and lines?

According to Hasbro today, 3.75" is only the Retro stuff.  I guess that could change as we get closer to the new movie, but nothing to announce now.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 2, 2022, 11:07 AM »
 :-[

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 2, 2022, 03:47 PM »
I would be very surprised if Hasbro came out with SA 3.75" figs from the new movie. I would be happy if they just re-released the last wave from the previous line.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 2, 2022, 03:53 PM »
I am guardedly optimistic that the mention of "new figures" for the Retro line means we might get Temple of Doom and Last Crusade figures to go with the Raiders ones. I loved that line as a kid.

Not so happy about a 14.99 price tag for Retro figures, though. It's like the base price goes up a dollar every month...
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 03:56 PM by Muftak »

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 3, 2022, 10:53 AM »
If they don't want to due true vintage style I'd be perfectly fine with 5POA style modern figures like they made ten years ago vs. retro figures.   Those 5POA figures were pretty cool, and if I recall the German Army guys didn't really have any German insgnia on them, so maybe not 100% movie accurate, but they were just fine for toys.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 3, 2022, 11:31 AM »
My perception was the Indy line didn't do well at all 10 years ago. Most all the stuff I bought was on clearance. Are they wary of that?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 3, 2022, 11:37 AM »
My perception was the Indy line didn't do well at all 10 years ago. Most all the stuff I bought was on clearance. Are they wary of that?

I think you're right that it didn't live up to expectations, but then again I think expectations might have been too high.  They were using the old model of creating a big line and forcing it through mass market retail.  I too bought most of my stuff on clearance.

I think these days where a lot of the action is direct/online, I think you could do a more focused line at a much slower pace.   Maybe more along the lines of a small Hasbro line like Ghostbusters.   Heck, it could even be seasonal with eight new figures and a couple vehicles / deluxe packs in the fall/winter and make it last for 5+ years.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: October 3, 2022, 12:37 PM »
If they don't want to due true vintage style I'd be perfectly fine with 5POA style modern figures like they made ten years ago vs. retro figures. 

Me too, but the "retro" seems to be their preferred thing right now.  It's kind of amazing that a Star Wars 3.75" line still exists as pretty much everything else (GI Joe, Marvel) has gone the way of "retro or nothing" for 3.75" now.

I think Muftak's guess that any "new" 3.75" stuff they have planned will fall into Retro is a good one.

I can see them pumping out the Kenner ROTLA figures and then giving us a wave of fake "retro" Indy 5 figures.  I'm not even sure they will do TOD, TLC, or KOTCS Retro stuff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 3, 2022, 01:46 PM »

Me too, but the "retro" seems to be their preferred thing right now.

Of course it is.  They’re getting the same price as TVC with a third of the sculpting and tooling effort.  Why would they bother with anything else.

I blame Super 7 and their $20 per figure b.s. 

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 3, 2022, 02:33 PM »
If they don't want to due true vintage style I'd be perfectly fine with 5POA style modern figures like they made ten years ago vs. retro figures. 

Me too, but the "retro" seems to be their preferred thing right now.

I guess I'm okay with retro when its for lines I collected back in the day that were retro before retro (e.g. original vintage Star Wars figures).  Its still not my preference, but it appeals to the kid in me.

I never had Indy figures as a kid so I've got a different view coming in to the ROTLA line decades later.   I might get a retro figure or two, but don't really have that much interest in retro figures and would much, much, much rather prefer $20 modern vintage or 5POA figures.

I guess I'll probably get most of the 6" guys, but not sure I'll get much retro if they try and build that line out.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2023, 12:30 PM »
FYI - Hasbro Pulse livestream for Indy tomorrow - probably the rest of the Retro ROTLA wave will be revealed and then possibly some more Adventure Series 6" stuff, including some Store Exclusives**.

** ps. Jayson already leaked the Target exclusive "Club Obi-Wan" Tuxedo Indy

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2023, 09:55 AM »
Hey Disney:  We need a prop replica of Nurhachi.